1263 7 2022-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Byte
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4654491 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've had a Cendence controller as long as I've had an Inspire 2 (for many years), and it's a great bit of kit.

There have always been issues with the cendence, like the fact that exporting your custom button profile has NEVER worked etc, but on the whole the controller has done what it's meant to do.

However, due to a physical accident I had last year I wasn't able to fly for a long while but recently have been able to get out there and back into it.
I obviously ran all the updates on everything but now I'm getting an issue that's very frustrating.

Other than the flight sticks, none of the buttons on my Cendence seem to do anything, especially the customisable ones.
If I open Menu, it displays the correct settings (for example C1 set to Recenter gimbal, and BF to Raise/Lower landing gear), but it seems to act as if everything's set to default.

As a result, whilst I can fly fine, and the record button etc works as it should, none of my custom keys work, and none of the keys seem to recenter the gimbal at all.

Has anyone else had this and have any suggestions of what could fix it? Extremely frustrating when trying to use it and it's ignoring what I'm teling it to do!
2022-9-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there.
Sorry for the late reply.
We will confirm this problem with the relevant team and keep you updated here asap.
Thank you for your support.
2022-9-25
Use props
Byte
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-25 01:58
Hi, there.
Sorry for the late reply.
We will confirm this problem with the relevant team and keep you updated here asap.

Thank you.
Without this functionality, it literally renders the Cendence controller useless (as in it offers no intrinsic upgrade from the stock controller)
2022-9-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Update:
1. Please test it first. After the Cendence remote control maps the corresponding functions of the custom buttons through dji go 4, it can be controlled normally, such as the gimbal returning to the center, the gimbal yaw returning, etc. After the custom settings are completed, it can be controlled;
2. For custom buttons such as BB/BA, you can select gimble to return to the center and realize the control effect. You can set the remote control state of the Cendence remote control to "off" state, and confirm the specific use of the custom button setting;
3. If it still cannot be operated, the buttons cannot be set or there is no response after setting, please provide the operation video, and we will further analyze and confirm.
2022-9-25
Use props
Byte
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-25 20:17
Update:
1. Please test it first. After the Cendence remote control maps the corresponding functions of the custom buttons through dji go 4, it can be controlled normally, such as the gimbal returning to the center, the gimbal yaw returning, etc. After the custom settings are completed, it can be controlled;
2. For custom buttons such as BB/BA, you can select gimble to return to the center and realize the control effect. You can set the remote control state of the Cendence remote control to "off" state, and confirm the specific use of the custom button setting;

Hi Natalia,

I need to reiterate that this isn't a new controller that's not working from the get go. I've been using this for years and it's all been working fine.

It seems like this issue may have started after the latest Inspire update but I can't be 100% on that.

As I previously mentioned, if you open the menu from the cendence controller that displays the button mapping, it shows all the buttons mapped as they should be, but pressing the buttons isn't doing the action they are set to (or in fact, anything).

I've tried switching my Cendence profile in the menu area to other presets and then back again but it makes no difference.

If you're still not sure what to recommend here, I can record a video and share it with you, but it's pretty much going to be a video of me pressing buttons and nothing happening. Let me know if there's anything in particular you'd like me to include.
2022-9-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Byte Posted at 9-27 01:35
Hi Natalia,

I need to reiterate that this isn't a new controller that's not working from the get go. I've been using this for years and it's all been working fine.

Thanks for the update, please check the following details:
1. After confirming that the firmware version of the remote control has been upgraded to the latest version, you can try to reset the cendence remote control. Operation steps: Press and hold the C1+C2+ camera button + video button at the same time to power off, and then restart the remote control to complete the parameter reset.
2. If the problem still cannot be solved after resetting the remote control, you can send us the remote control back for a further test. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair
2022-9-27
Use props
Byte
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-27 19:53
Thanks for the update, please check the following details:
1. After confirming that the firmware version of the remote control has been upgraded to the latest version, you can try to reset the cendence remote control. Operation steps: Press and hold the C1+C2+ camera button + video button at the same time to power off, and then restart the remote control to complete the parameter reset.
2. If the problem still cannot be solved after resetting the remote control, you can send us the remote control back for a further test. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair

Hi Natalia,

1. The firmware was completely up to date
2. The reset key command you suggest doesn't work., After looking at other posts on the forum, I found that it's just the C1+C2+Record buttons, the additional button actually stops the action from working. But I did that and still nothing.
However, In the cendence menu (via the cendence menu button), I hit reset in the top right corner which wiped all my custom presets. I then re-applied them and tested them and they are now working.

I'm not sure why this is as when I had already tried removing and re-adding individual ones but there must have been some random setting that it had broken and a reset via that button seemed to fix it.
2022-9-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Thanks for the information.
May we know the status of the remote control settings? Is it off, master or slave?
And could you please send us a related video so that we can better confirm?
You can send us the video via Google Drive or Dropbox.
2022-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules