DJI Fly crashing on Smart Controller
2969 14 2022-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mgphoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2906398 ft
United States

Talked with tech support more than 2 days ago and haven’t heard any response yet.
I am using a DJI Smart Controller with a DJI Mini 2.
DJI Fly crashes after exactly 4 minutes 20 seconds and again every 4 minutes 20 seconds.
I still have control of the drone but can no longer view the image from the camera.
This is the latest version of Fly with the most current controller firmware.
Anyone else have this problem?
I have reinstalled the firmware and deleted the cache.
2022-9-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had issues with v1.7.4  as it crashed the Fly App three times in one flight.  Last crash was when I opened the maps.  I uninstalled 1.7.4 and downloaded and installed v1.7.0 and absolutely no problems now with App crashing.  If you need a previous version you can get one here.  Credits to GavinHR.
2022-9-21
Use props
mgphoto
lvl.3
United States

Thanks Downtown, I was able to follow the link but could not download the app.
I was able to remove the 1.7.4 version as the Smart Controller has a base version of 1.4.2 (I believe that is the version) that can’t be removed.
I tried the backdated version and it works without crashing.
DJI Tech support has contacted me via email so I will be talking to them about the problem.
I will keep everybody posted.
2022-9-21
Use props
mgphoto
lvl.3
United States

Well I was contacted by DJI support and told to send them a lot of stuff.
So I updated the Fly app to send log files and what do you know the version is now 1.7.5 and doesn’t crash anymore.
Oh Downtown thanks again, I did figure out the file download.
2022-9-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there mgphoto. I am sorry to read and to know about the issue that you had with the DJI Fly application on your DJI Smart Controller and it is good to k now that this issue was rectified after updating the DJI Fly application. Thank you and keep flying.
2022-9-21
Use props
djiuser_Q7cMbkTJRfhW
lvl.1

Germany

Ich habe nun auch das Problem. Fly App Version 1.7.5, Air 2s mit smart Controller rm500. Alle Firmware etc auf aktuellen Stand. Mitten im Flug hängt sich die App auf. Irgendwas mit "App wurde wiederholt beendet". Der Fehler kommt auch immer wieder. Nur ein Neustart des Controllers schafft bis zum nächsten Absturz Abhilfe. Die Steuerung funktioniert weiterhin, halt ohne App. Werde wohl auch den Support kontaktieren müssen
2022-9-22
Use props
mgphoto
lvl.3
United States

DJI has been watching this thread, make sure you contact them directly.
2022-9-22
Use props
mgphoto
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_Q7cMbkTJRfhW Posted at 9-22 12:27
Ich habe nun auch das Problem. Fly App Version 1.7.5, Air 2s mit smart Controller rm500. Alle Firmware etc auf aktuellen Stand. Mitten im Flug hängt sich die App auf. Irgendwas mit "App wurde wiederholt beendet". Der Fehler kommt auch immer wieder. Nur ein Neustart des Controllers schafft bis zum nächsten Absturz Abhilfe. Die Steuerung funktioniert weiterhin, halt ohne App. Werde wohl auch den Support kontaktieren müssen

The Smart Controller RM500 allows you to roll back the Fly app to the base version I think it is 1.4.2 that should get you flying until DJI has a solution.
Under settings: Apps: Fly
2022-9-22
Use props
djiuser_Q7cMbkTJRfhW
lvl.1

Germany

mgphoto Posted at 9-22 12:39
The Smart Controller RM500 allows you to roll back the Fly app to the base version I think it is 1.4.2 that should get you flying until DJI has a solution.
Under settings: Apps: Fly

thanks a lot for your quick help.  I will contact support.  can you tell me how to reset the fly app?  Do I have to reset the controller to factory settings or can I just "uninstall" the app?
2022-9-22
Use props
mgphoto
lvl.3
United States

Turn on the controller, from the connect screen, pull down the settings page, select the gear.
Settings, scroll down to Apps, it will say how many are installed, select and the list will open,  select Fly, ignore the blue buttons, select the 3 dots at the top right, it will say uninstall updates.
That will reset only the Fly app.
2022-9-22
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7956778 ft
United Kingdom

Very well explained mgphoto! You are an asset to the forum.
2022-9-23
Use props
JJ Wright
lvl.3
Flight distance : 162244 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, had this problem with my RC Pro as well, flying my Air 2S. You're right, tech support has provided no help.   I ended up doing a factory reset of both my Smart Controller and RC Pro. That rolled  back DJI Fly versions to V1.4.2 on the SC  and V1.6.12 on the Pro. Will see if that solves the problem.
2022-9-27
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

mgphoto Posted at 9-22 13:16
Turn on the controller, from the connect screen, pull down the settings page, select the gear.
Settings, scroll down to Apps, it will say how many are installed, select and the list will open,  select Fly, ignore the blue buttons, select the 3 dots at the top right, it will say uninstall updates.
That will reset only the Fly app.

Good directions, they should be in the updated manual for the Smart Controller - IF - any is in the works?  Thanks for the informattion.
2022-9-29
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

JJ Wright Posted at 9-27 16:29
Yes, had this problem with my RC Pro as well, flying my Air 2S. You're right, tech support has provided no help.   I ended up doing a factory reset of both my Smart Controller and RC Pro. That rolled  back DJI Fly versions to V1.4.2 on the SC  and V1.6.12 on the Pro. Will see if that solves the problem.

I don't blame Tech-Support or the ones that answer our posts, they only have the information they are given.  I compare when the Smart Controller was first sold, and how it is still being sold, but the latest manual for it is, Version 1.8, which was put out years, and MANY updates/upgrades ago.  If it can go so very long between documentation, think how old the information the monitors/support have is.
2022-9-29
Use props
fans65029c2e
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

I have DJI fly app issues on my DJI smart controller app crashing during flights yesterday crash my Mavic air 2 since then I reset the controller and fixed the props on the drone, then went back to do a test flight the drone is fine but I lost the maps
In the app . I’m thinking of returning the controller to Amazon
Before my time is up .
2023-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules