Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Wide Angle Pic with camera 90 degree down
2426 39 2022-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
karstenul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810751 ft
Germany

Hi all,

with the DJI Mini 2 I was able to take composite wide angle photos when I panned the camera down 90 degrees. With the Mini 3 I can't do that, the camera always pans up to 0 degrees when I press the shutter button. However, I would like to take a wide angle picture of the terrain below the drone from 120 meters above the ground. Unfortunately I do not succeed, can someone help me?
I say thank you in advance!

Many greetings
Karsten

2022-9-21
Use props
karstenul
lvl.4
Germany

Did nobody recognize that Issue so far?
2022-9-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please provide us some sample footage or images on both units for us to further check it here on our end? In addition, please connect your DJI Mini 3 Pro to the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer, and kindly please update/refresh the firmware also, remove the SD card and perform the gimbal calibration then check if the issue persits. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-9-27
Use props
karstenul
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-27 22:18
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please provide us some sample footage or images on both units for us to further check it here on our end? In addition, please connect your DJI Mini 3 Pro to the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer, and kindly please update/refresh the firmware also, remove the SD card and perform the gimbal calibration then check if the issue persits. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi Paladin, thanks for your answer. The latest Firmware is installed and I performed a gimbal calibration too. Unfortunately the issue persists. I will try to take a photo with the same settings in the same position with the Mini 2 and the Mini 3. I think, better then photos are screen recordings. There you can see, that the camera comes up from 90 degrees down to 0 degrees at the Mini 3 but not at the Mini 2. I bet, you can perform that test as well with the same result.
2022-9-28
Use props
Preijde
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31831 ft
Germany

Same thing here. Had a workshop today and it was also confirmed there. I was told we had to wait for an update to reinstate this Mini Pro 2 feature. Hope this will come soon!
2022-9-30
Use props
karstenul
lvl.4
Germany

Preijde Posted at 9-30 05:04
Same thing here. Had a workshop today and it was also confirmed there. I was told we had to wait for an update to reinstate this Mini Pro 2 feature. Hope this will come soon!

I hope so too, can't wait for the update that will fix it.
2022-9-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

karstenul Posted at 9-28 12:56
Hi Paladin, thanks for your answer. The latest Firmware is installed and I performed a gimbal calibration too. Unfortunately the issue persists. I will try to take a photo with the same settings in the same position with the Mini 2 and the Mini 3. I think, better then photos are screen recordings. There you can see, that the camera comes up from 90 degrees down to 0 degrees at the Mini 3 but not at the Mini 2. I bet, you can perform that test as well with the same result.

Thank you for your response. I will wait for the screen recording file for me to forward it to our designated team. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-10-1
Use props
karstenul
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-1 03:25
Thank you for your response. I will wait for the screen recording file for me to forward it to our designated team. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi Paladin,
I did the screen recording today. How can I send you the video? I have no way to attach an mp4 file of this size (19 MB) here.
2022-10-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

karstenul Posted at 10-4 11:42
Hi Paladin,
I did the screen recording today. How can I send you the video? I have no way to attach an mp4 file of this size (19 MB) here.

You may upload the file in Google drive or Youtube and copy the URL and paste it here so we can check. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-10-5
Use props
karstenul
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-5 01:44
You may upload the file in Google drive or Youtube and copy the URL and paste it here so we can check. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

ScreenRecording
2022-10-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Thank you for keeping us posted. We will coordinate this to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-8
Use props
karstenul
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-8 03:52
Thank you for keeping us posted. We will coordinate this to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hello DJI Paladin,
did you get any feedback from the developers team about my reported issue so far?
The latest firmware updates couldn't fix it unfortunately.
Have a nice week!
Karsten
2022-11-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

karstenul Posted at 11-7 11:03
Hello DJI Paladin,
did you get any feedback from the developers team about my reported issue so far?
The latest firmware updates couldn't fix it unfortunately.

Thank you for your response, karstenul. Can you please reupload the file on the Google drive as we can no longer access the link that you provide? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-11-10
Use props
karstenul
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-10 04:11
Thank you for your response, karstenul. Can you please reupload the file on the Google drive as we can no longer access the link that you provide? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi Paladin,

the file ist still there, I have enabled file access for the next 4 weeks again. Thanks for your support!
Video
2022-11-10
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

karstenul Posted at 11-10 12:30
Hi Paladin,

the file ist still there, I have enabled file access for the next 4 weeks again. Thanks for your support!

When i play the video its just a still image
2022-11-10
Use props
karstenul
lvl.4
Germany

Bashy Posted at 11-10 18:07
When i play the video its just a still image

Hi Bashy, that’s strange. I have tested it right now and it worked perfectly. You could try to download the video before playing (if you didn’t do so already).
2022-11-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

karstenul Posted at 11-10 12:30
Hi Paladin,

Thank you for your response. Can you please reupload the video on the link that you provided? It seems that Bashy and I have the same issue playing the video on the link that you provided, it plays the whole duration of the video but it is only a still image. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-11-12
Use props
karstenul
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-12 01:23
Thank you for your response. Can you please reupload the video on the link that you provided? It seems that Bashy and I have the same issue playing the video on the link that you provided, it plays the whole duration of the video but it is only a still image. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
Hi Paladin and Bashy,

Here’s the video again, uploaded on YouTube this time

2022-11-20
Use props
karstenul
lvl.4
Germany

karstenul Posted at 11-20 15:13
Hi Paladin and Bashy,

Here’s the video again, uploaded on YouTube this time

Is there some information about that topic? The latest firmware updates didn't fix the problem.
2022-12-19
Use props
hherrm
lvl.1

Austria

karstenul Posted at 2022-12-19 12:23
Is there some information about that topic? The latest firmware updates didn't fix the problem.

Unfortunately I also encountered this issue with the latest firmware for my Mini 3 Pro (01.00.0450)
With my previous Mini 2 I was also able to take wide angle shots with any gimbal tilt.

I wonder why DJI needs a video screencapture? Can't they just reproduce this?

I hope it will be fixed with a future firmware update
2023-2-4
Use props
karstenul
lvl.4
Germany

hherrm Posted at 2-4 05:41
Unfortunately I also encountered this issue with the latest firmware for my Mini 3 Pro (01.00.0450)
With my previous Mini 2 I was also able to take wide angle shots with any gimbal tilt.

I really hope it will be fixed soon too. I'm wondering if an Air 2s (for example) can do wide angle shots like the Mini 2 was able to do
2023-2-6
Use props
karstenul
lvl.4
Germany

Dear DJI support,

there was a little hope today when I testet the latest FW Update of drone and controller. But I am disappointed, the issue still exists. Are there planes to fix that issue?
Thanks in advance!

Karsten
2023-4-5
Use props
Ranjan
lvl.4
India

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-11-10 04:11
Thank you for your response, karstenul. Can you please reupload the file on the Google drive as we can no longer access the link that you provide? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

I posted a similar issue but never got a reply

Is wide angle 9 shot panorama not possible when looking down?
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=287430
2023-4-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Ranjan Posted at 4-5 18:51
I posted a similar issue but never got a reply

Is wide angle 9 shot panorama not possible when looking down?

Hi there, Ranjan. We will coordinate this with our designated team for clarification. We will keep you posted once we receive an update. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-4-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

karstenul Posted at 4-5 13:08
Dear DJI support,

there was a little hope today when I testet the latest FW Update of drone and controller. But I am disappointed, the issue still exists. Are there planes to fix that issue?

Hello there. My apologies for the late response. We will forward this to our relevant team for clarification. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2023-4-6
Use props
karstenul
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-6 22:56
Hello there. My apologies for the late response. We will forward this to our relevant team for clarification. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hello Paladin, did the relevant team respond meanwhile?
2023-6-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

karstenul Posted at 6-14 03:07
Hello Paladin, did the relevant team respond meanwhile?

Hello. We're sorry if this has been requested in the past but has not been implemented yet. We will continue to let such feedback reach the designated team for consideration. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-6-16
Use props
karstenul
lvl.4
Germany

Hello, btw. I noticed exactly the same issue - like described above - at the new DJI Air 3! You can do panorama or wide angle shots only with camera tilt 0 degrees. PLEASE fix it
2023-8-8
Use props
karstenul
lvl.4
Germany

GOOD NEWS

I have testet a lot the last two days (Air 3). There is fortunately NOT the same issue like described above (Mini 3 Pro). Everything works as expected. Wide angle shots with 90 degree camera tilt (down) work like I know it from the Mini 2! Perfect... Only when I take panorama shots, the camera tilt will be ignored and the camera goes to 0 degrees.
Conclusion: Much better realized than in Mini 3 Pro

2023-8-10
Use props
Ranjan
lvl.4
India

karstenul Posted at 8-10 10:06
GOOD NEWS

I have testet a lot the last two days (Air 3). There is fortunately NOT the same issue like described above (Mini 3 Pro). Everything works as expected. Wide angle shots with 90 degree camera tilt (down) work like I know it from the Mini 2! Perfect... Only when I take panorama shots, the camera tilt will be ignored and the camera goes to 0 degrees.

Are you saying that Air 3 now can shoot wide angle panorama 9 shots looking downwards & wont force you to pitch up before shooting?
Thats what this thread is discussing about.  
2023-8-10
Use props
karstenul
lvl.4
Germany

Ranjan Posted at 8-10 20:54
Are you saying that Air 3 now can shoot wide angle panorama 9 shots looking downwards & wont force you to pitch up before shooting?
Thats what this thread is discussing about.

Exactly! The Mini 2 did it, the Mini 3 didn't but the Air 3 can do it again, I tried it yesterday and it worked.
2023-8-11
Use props
Ranjan
lvl.4
India

karstenul Posted at 8-11 00:13
Exactly! The Mini 2 did it, the Mini 3 didn't but the Air 3 can do it again, I tried it yesterday and it worked.

Thats good to know, can you please post some wide pano shots done with air 3.
2023-8-11
Use props
karstenul
lvl.4
Germany

Ranjan Posted at 8-11 01:59
Thats good to know, can you please post some wide pano shots done with air 3.

Maybe later (if I don't forget it ;-) )
2023-8-11
Use props
karstenul
lvl.4
Germany

wide pano
2023-8-11
Use props
karstenul
lvl.4
Germany

normal pic / both fotos I took from 100m
2023-8-11
Use props
Ranjan
lvl.4
India

Great, good to see that this feature is finally added back, now we can hope mini 3 pro also gets this implemented soon.  

Thanks for sharing.
2023-8-11
Use props
karstenul
lvl.4
Germany

Ranjan Posted at 8-11 06:37
Great, good to see that this feature is finally added back, now we can hope mini 3 pro also gets this implemented soon.  

Thanks for sharing.

Yes I hope the same. Today I got a DJI Fly Update on the RC Controller (not RC2). I just tested the wide pano feature, but unfortunately it didn't work as it should.
2023-8-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

with the DJI Mini 2 I was able to take composite wide angle photos when I panned the camera down 90 degrees.
If you are talking about using the automated panorama feature looking straight down, no DJI camera has ever done that.
2023-8-11
Use props
Ranjan
lvl.4
India

Labroides Posted at 8-11 14:02
with the DJI Mini 2 I was able to take composite wide angle photos when I panned the camera down 90 degrees.
If you are talking about using the automated panorama feature looking straight down, no DJI camera has ever done that.

Most Dji drones have that feature which I have used in last 10 years.

Air2s 9 shot pano, shot in 2022.

9shot.jpg
2023-8-11
Use props
karstenul
lvl.4
Germany

I totally agree. For the Mini 3 Pro I bought a DJI wide angle lens. That's nice but it's impossible to get that nice results as with the 9 shot pano feature
2023-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules