Mavic Pro camera hanging on by optic nerve!
857 6 2022-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
crowned
New

Austria

Hi All, I have a question about repairing my Mavic Pro after a crash.

Does it look like I need anything besides the ribbon cable for the camera and the anti-vibration plate?

Thanks!

PXL_20220921_231719363.jpg
2022-9-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there crowned. I am sorry to read and to know that your DJI Mavic Pro crashed before and thank you for reaching out. Since the camera of your DJI Mavic Pro was damage, I would recommend for you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Just a friendly reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit. Again, I am sorry for what happened and thank you.
2022-9-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You'll be incredibly lucky if that's all that's required. And a thorough clean out of all the dust and dirt.  Good luck with it.
2022-9-21
Use props
crowned
New

United States

Blériot53 Posted at 9-21 21:29
You'll be incredibly lucky if that's all that's required. And a thorough clean out of all the dust and dirt.  Good luck with it.

Howdy- I'm hoping not to have to bank on incredible luck. What else do you reckon might be damaged?

Just the gimbal and camera, or something internal ?

What would you do in this situation?

Thanks !
2022-9-21
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

2022-9-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

crowned Posted at 9-21 22:25
Howdy- I'm hoping not to have to bank on incredible luck. What else do you reckon might be damaged?

Just the gimbal and camera, or something internal ?

I'd be sending it back to DJI for assessment. Although I'm guessing it's well out of warranty by now?
It might be more cost-effective to sell the wreck for spares and pick up a second-hand replacement locally.
2022-9-21
Use props
Huddy79
New

United States

Internally, maybe the main power supply cable is loose. DJI, to their credit, puts a solid bead of solder on critical connections. Then covers in that liquid electrical tape. It shouldn’t be as bad as all the puffs are going on about.
I flew mine into the side of a bank (of all things) at 40mph and was surprised at how well it was engineered to fragment without total obliteration. So gimbal, ribbon cable… if you can find the set the other guy listed and it’s around 40 buck, I’d just get it. It’s not rocket science everyone keeps saying to feel important. “Go slow! Go slow!” LMFAO
2022-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules