R joystick stopped working on FPV controller 2 and RTH malfunction
546 1 2022-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_DknBo3RBXrVh
lvl.2

United States

Today I was flying my recently acquired Avata and on it's 4th flight something strange happened.  I had not taken it too far out from my house, I got to ~200ft height and a distance indication of ~990ft and all of a sudden on my fpv controller 2 the right joystick became unresponsive in S mode.  Switching through all the modes did not seem to change anything.  Then naturally I tried to trigger a RTH and it would go into the RTH mode but the drone could not get closer to my home point and hovered there above my neighbors house until it got to low battery and did an emergency landing in my neighbor's yard.   I still had control of the left joy stick and could turn the drone and altitude and I could change the gimbal view but still could not bring the drone any closer to me.  The whole time there was no indication of any stick errors or any other anamolies on the goggles until the emergency landing.  After reviewing the last view from the goggles and looking at a satelite map view I was fairly certain I could pinpoint which house it landed at and knocked on my neighbors door.  

My neighbor was kind enough to answer her door but when I explained what happened she did not seem to want to be bothered by this issue I unintentionally brought to her.  She checked her backyard and said she did not find anything that looked like the avata picture that I showed her.  Not wanting to torture this elderly lady any more, with my tail between my legs I returned home accepting that I will probably never see my drone again and I don't even think I have a way of updating my flight data now.  

My previous flights on the Avata all had no issues whatsoever (even when flying in M mode) and I had updated all the firmware appropriately as far as I know.  I really had absolutely no control over where the drone landed in this case (other than basically being able to change altitude) and could have easily landed in a much more precarious location.  Nevertheless, it would seem my journey with my new Avata has come to a short end.  Does anyone know what might have caused this?  Since I did not purchase care refresh, am I to also assume that my money used to purchase this drone and its accessories were worth just a mere handful of flights over a malfunction I had no control over?
2022-9-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for giving out these information. Since this unfortunate event happened to your new DJI Avata, I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules