Avata head tracking and motion controller
4215 13 2022-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jaybpena
lvl.2
Flight distance : 252224 ft
United States

Reporting a problem I encounter using head tracking and motion controller. As you can see in the video at 10 sec mark the head tracking and motion controller went out of sync and couldn't determine the location where it was facing. At 20 sec mark Had to press brake function and turned off head tracking to gain control and seemed to be fine after that. Had to upload to YouTube couldn't upload the video here.

https://youtu.be/k-AY4BUJ0UE
2022-9-21
Use props
Jaybpena
lvl.2
United States

I was using goggles 2.
2022-9-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to connect your DJI Goggles 2 and the DJI Motion Controller on the DJI Assistant 2 and kindly please update/refresh the firmware to see if the issue persists? You may refer to the link below for you to download the said software on your computer. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2022-9-27
Use props
Jaybpena
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-27 22:00
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to connect your DJI Goggles 2 and the DJI Motion Controller on the DJI Assistant 2 and kindly please update/refresh the firmware to see if the issue persists? You may refer to the link below for you to download the said software on your computer. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

The firmware are all updated when the issue happened. This has happened twice already. I have turned off head tracking for now and have had no issues so far using motion controller.
2022-9-28
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Usually happens if I turn my body/head while in flight and don't realize it (usually while standing)... head traking uses your head position, including direction; the brake button re-centers. It's normal operation.  Try sitting in a chair.. re-center with your head straight and focus on keeping your head straight IF you need to hit the brake button. (re-center) It takes some time and practice. If you hit the brake with your head turned right... that becomes the new "center". You'll get it.

Might also be better to post the video from the goggles 2 also... since it shows the center "o" thingy.

I found no mention of this anywhere in the manuals either.

2022-9-28
Use props
Jaybpena
lvl.2
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 9-28 09:31
Usually happens if I turn my body/head while in flight and don't realize it (usually while standing)... head traking uses your head position, including direction; the brake button re-centers. It's normal operation.  Try sitting in a chair.. re-center with your head straight and focus on keeping your head straight IF you need to hit the brake button. (re-center) It take some time and practice. If you hit the brake with your head turned right... that becomes the new "center". You'll get it.

Might also be better to post the video from the goggles 2 also... since it shows the center "o" thingy.

Hi Bob yeah that’s what I’m doing. Only fly with goggles sitting down. It’s fine for about 5 mins with head tracking and then it seemed to have lost direction with motion controller. I do have a video and you will notice it at 10 sec mark. Had to press the brake to regain controller. https://youtu.be/k-AY4BUJ0UE
2022-9-28
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jaybpena Posted at 9-28 09:41
Hi Bob yeah that’s what I’m doing. Only fly with goggles sitting down. It’s fine for about 5 mins with head tracking and then it seemed to have lost direction with motion controller. I do have a video and you will notice it at 10 sec mark. Had to press the brake to regain controller. https://youtu.be/k-AY4BUJ0UE

Try Calibrating everything. I think I recall having a strange issue like this and I hunted for all the calibrations and after that the issue was gonzo.
2022-9-28
Use props
Jaybpena
lvl.2
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 9-28 09:45
Try Calibrating everything. I think I recall having a strange issue like this and I hunted for all the calibrations and after that the issue was gonzo.

Will try that and test out head tracking again. Lol I have it turned off for now since the incident.
2022-9-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Jaybpena Posted at 9-28 07:39
The firmware are all updated when the issue happened. This has happened twice already. I have turned off head tracking for now and have had no issues so far using motion controller.

Thank you for keeping us posted, Jay. Kindly please let us know if this issue still persists on your next try to use the Head-Tracking. You may try to refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 first before using it. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-10-1
Use props
JoeJK3D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 618904 ft
United States

I've had some similar issues in my testing, but I wasn't sure if it was me or the goggles.   I would just need to tap the brake and it would recenter.  Its a super immersive flying experience with head tracking, but hard to trust it for technical flying at this point.  
2022-11-12
Use props
fans396494c9
New

Australia

Yes same problem 3 days ago..
Basically head tracking spun 180 degrees instantly and the drone just wanted to fly BACWARDS. To make it stop was full throttle.. luckily the drone did not go off the 70m waterfall.
Now I've learnt to hit the stop button... but that is a major bug there.
P.S. I've been building and flying UAS for almost 10 years and every stage of FPV... never had that happen.
DJI.. please fix. I'm happy to send the log file.
2022-12-31
Use props
Breno Fortes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2004833 ft
Brazil

Does Head Tracking work with remote controller 2 and Goggles 2?
2023-4-24
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

it would be nice if there was a super quick way to cancel head tracking for those few times it gets "confusing."
2023-4-24
Use props
YorkyPoo
lvl.2

United States

fans396494c9 Posted at 2022-12-31 00:41
Yes same problem 3 days ago..
Basically head tracking spun 180 degrees instantly and the drone just wanted to fly BACWARDS. To make it stop was full throttle.. luckily the drone did not go off the 70m waterfall.
Now I've learnt to hit the stop button... but that is a major bug there.

The same thing happens to me. does a 180 out of nowhere. Either that happens every flight or the head stacking is doing nothing. I only used the Motion 2 controller over the FPV controller because I hurt my thumb recently. def has to be a bug.
2023-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules