o(^-^)o
adityadash
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105102 ft
United States

Scenario 1:

1. Started the motors using N mode
2. After hover, switched to Manual Mode while the aircraft is in the air
Problem 1: Throttle (going Up and Down) doesnt work at all. I can turn left and right, but up and down doesnt seem to work

Scenario 2:
1. Went to settings-->Remote control settings
2. Changed C2 event to Start and Stop motors

Problem 2: I manual mode, before take off, if i press C2, the drone does nothing. I am expecting it to start the motors, but seems like C2 with Start/Stop motors is not funtional at all in manual mode. Basically, unable to set and use it whats shown in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=819Pq8X2HNE

Scenario 3 (Fatal Crash):
1. Started the drone in manual mode
2. Took off and flew for some time
3. Realized that the drone is about to crash
4. Quickly used the toggle button on RC and changed to N/S mode.

Problem 3:  The drone didnt react at all and crashed (Major crash 2 times. love the durablility tho, had this been any other drone, would have shattered to pieces, while mine had major battery and body damage, the drone is still functional )

2022-9-22
Use props
djiuser_DknBo3RBXrVh
lvl.2

United States

I also just had some problems with my rc controller 2 registering inputs on my flight yesterday.  Putting around in sports mode all of a sudden my right joystick inputs stopped registering and the only thing I could do was turn and change altitude (from the L joystick) no matter what modes I set the controller to.  

After not being able to move it closer to me from its position it ran out of battery and emergency landed into a neighbor's yard to never be seen again (the neighbor will not allow me on her property and says she cannot find it).  I'm currently filing a fly away report and waiting to see what happens.

I feel like something buggy is really going on.  My HD and RC signals were all good and the HUD indicated my drone was about 250 ft in the air and 900 ft away, all pretty normal and safe parameters based on my previous experiences.  My first few flights were pretty much flawless after originally updating all the firmware and for this to happen over a simple flight like that really concerns me.  To have no control over where it lands is a very scary situation and now I'm droneless after waiting 3 weeks to receive my original pre-order.  

Even if I were able to recover my Avata I'm not sure I have the confidence to fly it anymore after what happened.  I hope you get your inputs registering correctly before another unintended incident occurs.
2022-9-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there adityadash. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash and this unfortunate event happened to your new DJI Avata, I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-9-22
Use props
adityadash
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-22 18:53
Hello there adityadash. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash and this unfortunate event happened to your new DJI Avata, I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.

Thanks Stephen. I had to raise a repair request and sent it. The part under the battery was badly damaged because of the fall . Super glad i brought the dji care plus. However sad that i have one less replacement
2022-9-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

adityadash Posted at 9-22 19:00
Thanks Stephen. I had to raise a repair request and sent it. The part under the battery was badly damaged because of the fall . Super glad i brought the dji care plus. However sad that i have one less replacement

Hi there adityadash. You are very much welcome and thank you for giving this update. If you have any other inquiries or any concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. .
2022-9-22
Use props
adityadash
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-22 20:59
Hi there adityadash. You are very much welcome and thank you for giving this update. If you have any other inquiries or any concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you.  .

Any update on the problem scenarios which i mentioned above? Is there anything which needs to be done so that i dont face the same issues as explained above once i have the replacement?
2022-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules