4133 19 2022-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alanuavcoach.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 344908 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi there. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue?

I already had the DJI FPV drone so did not purchase any Avata combos. Just the drone.

I upgraded the firmware on both the FPV remote and FPV Goggles V2.

But I cannot activate the drone through the DJI Fly app. I click on Connection Guide and begin with the first step of turning on the FPV Goggles V2, and then only after they are on, plugging the phone directly into the goggles using the adaptor that came with the goggles. When I do that, the app does not recognize that it's connected and won't go to the next step.

Interestingly enough, I'm still able to connect my phone when flying the DJI FPV drone. But I'm unable to activate the Avata.

I can also, without my phone, pair the goggles with the remote and the Avata. When I look inside the goggles, I'm being given a notification that the drone is not activated and that I need to turn everything on and then connect my mobile device. I do that, but that doesn't change anything within the DJI Fly app either.

I'm quite stuck and would love to fly this little bugger

2022-9-22
Use props
Dakilla
lvl.3
France

You can activate it using DJI assistant 2 for PC desktop
2022-9-22
Use props
alanuavcoach.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Dakilla Posted at 9-22 06:53

Thanks, Dakilla — I do not have access to PC, only Mac.
2022-9-22
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agreed!  Just make sure you have the right one for the Avata drone.  This should be the correct link;  
https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2022-9-22
Use props
alanuavcoach.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 9-22 06:59
Agreed!  Just make sure you have the right one for the Avata drone.  This should be the correct link;  
https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

Yes, thank you for clarifying. This is what I used.
2022-9-22
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

alanuavcoach.com Posted at 9-22 07:11
Yes, thank you for clarifying. This is what I used.

Sure thing!  Glad it worked..ENJOY!  
2022-9-22
Use props
alanuavcoach.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 9-22 07:33
Sure thing!  Glad it worked..ENJOY!

Sorry, but it did not work. I'm just confirming that this is the version of DJI Assistant that I used to upgrade my firmware. I am still unable to get the DJI Fly app to recognize the Avata so I can activate and fly it.
2022-9-22
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

alanuavcoach.com Posted at 9-22 07:47
Sorry, but it did not work. I'm just confirming that this is the version of DJI Assistant that I used to upgrade my firmware. I am still unable to get the DJI Fly app to recognize the Avata so I can activate and fly it.

Ah....not sure if this will help.....check out this link.  Scroll down a bit right after the first few pages.  Just confirming these are all the steps you've attempted to date;

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D780%26typeid%3D780

Step 3: Activate for the first time
   Ensure that the drone has been linked to the goggles and the remote control device successfully. Connect the USB-C port of the goggles to the mobile device, launch the DJI Fly app, and then complete the activation according to the on-screen instructions (network connection required the whole way through).

Watch this video for how to activate the drone:
https://cdn.djivideos.com/watch/ ... lse&poster=

· Check the Activation Information
You can go to the Activation Info page for the specific information.
* You may need to learn more about How to Check Your Product's Serial Number.

2022-9-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there alanuavcoach.com. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you are receiving any error message or error codes on the DJI Fly application and may we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please for us to be able to isolate the issue? Thank you.
2022-9-22
Use props
alanuavcoach.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-22 19:02
Hello there alanuavcoach.com. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you are receiving any error message or error codes on the DJI Fly application and may we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please for us to be able to isolate the issue? Thank you.

Hi DJI Stephen — thank you for responding.

I am using an iPhone 11 Pro, running iOS 15.6.1.

Here's the firmware I have for the FPV Goggles V2 — V01.03.0000

I do not receive an error message in the DJI Fly app. I click on Connection Guide, then DJI Avata, then DJI FPV Goggles V2, then when after I follow the three steps, nothing happens.

Thank you for your assistance!

2022-9-23
Use props
djiuser_NiKbseTRMhvU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 212119 ft
Greece

for me it was the cable
2022-9-25
Use props
alanuavcoach.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hey, what do you mean by cable? Should I try a different one? Please elaborate I'm willing to try anything
2022-9-26
Use props
alanuavcoach.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-22 19:02
Hello there alanuavcoach.com. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you are receiving any error message or error codes on the DJI Fly application and may we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please for us to be able to isolate the issue? Thank you.

Hi DIJ Stephen, I shared my info in this thread, any chance y'all have been able to take a look or can help me understand how else to troubleshoot? Thanks!
2022-9-28
Use props
djiuser_DH27Jcdg0lKt
lvl.1

Namibia

alanuavcoach.com Posted at 9-28 11:07
Hi DIJ Stephen, I shared my info in this thread, any chance y'all have been able to take a look or can help me understand how else to troubleshoot? Thanks!

Yes please assist, im having the same problem but on android
2022-10-8
Use props
alanuavcoach.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Update — I figured it out! It was a faulty cable. Works now and I'm up in the air
2022-10-10
Use props
djiuser_fAqfkyV709NZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 471900 ft
United States

alanuavcoach.com Posted at 2022-10-10 06:51
Update — I figured it out! It was a faulty cable. Works now and I'm up in the air

What cable did you end up with bud. Im about to pullmy hair out. Wont let me fly st all
2023-3-15
Use props
alanuavcoach.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_fAqfkyV709NZ Posted at 3-15 14:30
What cable did you end up with bud. Im about to pullmy hair out. Wont let me fly st all

Heyoo! For me it was the cable that connects the remote controller to your phone/tablet. I was trying to repurpose an older cable and that’s why it wasn’t able to fully sync.
2023-3-15
Use props
djiuser_fAqfkyV709NZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 471900 ft
United States

alanuavcoach.com Posted at 3-15 15:39
Heyoo! For me it was the cable that connects the remote controller to your phone/tablet. I was trying to repurpose an older cable and that’s why it wasn’t able to fully sync.

Its crazy i can use the same cord for my mavic 2, which runs fine with the app. Go too switch too the Avata, wont even recognize the goggles at all.
2023-3-16
Use props
fans5ce14b8f
New
United Kingdom

Dakilla Posted at 2022-9-22 06:53

Hi, how do you activate it on the DJI Assistant.  My problem is that on the dji fly app the activation fails.  Thanks
2023-3-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans5ce14b8f Posted at 3-18 04:16
Hi, how do you activate it on the DJI Assistant.  My problem is that on the dji fly app the activation fails.  Thanks

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. May we ask what specific remote controller and goggles you activated with the DJI Avata? Also, what's the mobile phone model you used to activate it? You may try to refresh the firmware of the devices using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) and reattempt the activation. Ensure that the devices are properly linked before starting. If the issue remains, please record the activation process and share it with us for further checking. Thank you.
2023-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules