Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
SD Card Partition Error after recording
657 4 2022-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
canti
lvl.1
Germany

Hi,

we just finnished shooting with the Osmo Pocket 2 and everything went smoothly.

When we connected the SD Card via an SD Card reader to the Windows PC, the PC couldn't read the card because of a problem with the partition.

Windows suggested to format the card first in order to use it - wich we obviously didn't do.

We put the card back into the Osmo Pocket, but this time, an SD Card error showed up and it couldn't read the card as well.
A Linux system also said there is something wrong with the partition and it cannot acces the card.

Is there any way that we can retain the files we shot?

Thanks!
2022-9-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there canti. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the specifications on the microSD card that you are using please and kindly please try using a different microSD card on your DJI Pocket 2 for us to be able to isolate the issue. For reference, the maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB. If exceeded, the recording will be stopped, and a new recording will be started. In addition, the maximum file size of FAT32 is 4GB. Hence, a file that is larger than or equal to 4GB will be divided, otherwise, the file may be lost or abnormal and cannot be read. Although exFAT allows a larger file size, the larger file may be damaged due to abnormal power-off and SD card removal, or even cannot be recovered. So the storage of the camera is 4GB regardless of the file systems. So it is normal the video will be split if it reaches 4GB. Thank you.

2022-9-22
Use props
canti
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-22 19:20
Hello there canti. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the specifications on the microSD card that you are using please and kindly please try using a different microSD card on your DJI Pocket 2 for us to be able to isolate the issue. For reference, the maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB. If exceeded, the recording will be stopped, and a new recording will be started. In addition, the maximum file size of FAT32 is 4GB. Hence, a file that is larger than or equal to 4GB will be divided, otherwise, the file may be lost or abnormal and cannot be read. Although exFAT allows a larger file size, the larger file may be damaged due to abnormal power-off and SD card removal, or even cannot be recovered. So the storage of the camera is 4GB regardless of the file systems. So it is normal the video will be split if it reaches 4GB. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hello Stephen,

thank you for your reply.

The card is: SanDisk Extreme PRO microSDXC UHS-I 128 GB U3

I am aware, that the maximum capacity of a single file is 4 GB and files will be split. Not sure how this is connected to a partition error however. Neither the computer nor the Pocket recognize the partition anymore and say that the card first has to be formatted in order to be used.

Thank you
2022-9-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

canti Posted at 9-25 23:19
Hello Stephen,

thank you for your reply.

Hi there canti. Thank you for the reply and for these information. Kindly please try to reformat the microSD card for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Just a reminder that is the microSD card is less than or equal to 32GB should be formatted in to the FAT32 file system while microSD card that is larger thank 32GB should be formatted in to exFAT file system. Thank you.
2022-9-26
Use props
canti
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-26 01:40
Hi there canti. Thank you for the reply and for these information. Kindly please try to reformat the microSD card for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Just a reminder that is the microSD card is less than or equal to 32GB should be formatted in to the FAT32 file system while microSD card that is larger thank 32GB should be formatted in to exFAT file system. Thank you.

Hello Stephen,

may I ask: If I format my card, don't I loose all the data, that is already on there?

Just to clarify: All I care about are the videofiles that we recorded on that card. I want to recover the videos under all circumstances.
From my understanding it is much more difficult to recover the files after I format the card.

Thank you.
2022-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules