Non-folding props
722 2 2022-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cncjerry
lvl.1

United States

I was wondering if there are non-folding props for the mavic 2 zoom / pro?  

I'm experimenting with a dynamic balancing system and it is hard to do with a folding prop as the slightest blade offset upsets the balance.  It can be done using a clip (needs to be balanced precisely) to lock the two sides in the optimal position or you have to spin the props up so fast that they overload the accelerometers.  

There is a noticeable difference in the vibration levels once the props are balanced. I'm still testing to see if the photos/videos are improved.  High frequency vibration is hard on components.  DJI two bladed stock props exhibit much better balance than the three bladed carbon fiber props I've tested. The carbon fiber props I've bought vary widely in static weight between props but not that much between blades on a prop.

There are a number of reasons to use folding props of course, but straight props that are perfectly dynamic balanced should have an advantage in videos.

Jerry
2022-9-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Jerry. Good day and thank you for giving out these information.  Just a friendly reminder that it would be best to use a genuine propeller on your DJI Mavic 2 Series Drones for compatibility and reliability purpose. DJI do not recommend you to use a 3rd party propellers. Propellers is one of the main components of the DJI drone that should not be taken for granted when flying. In addition using 3rd party propellers might cause damage or harm on your DJI drones when when in use and when flying. Thank you.
2022-9-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There's nothing to be gained from using fixed or non-DJI props.
The genuine item is pretty well balanced anyway.
2022-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules