Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No Portrait Love?
5301 3 2022-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have noticed that there's no joystick functionality or not even push-to-change-direction possible in portrait mode.
I think smartphone control doesn't work either in this mode.
This really seems half implemented and crippled at the moment.
I cannot even find a way how to assign a button function to enter Portrait quickly.
Some gimbal movements can only be done with portrait mode because of motor orientation.

Very strange to see that lack of love given portrait mode is quite important for *some* social media outlets

2022-9-22
Use props
vtdylan1982
New

United States

Hate to say it, but I have to start shooting in portrait mode for social media (gasp!). I thought I would still be able to easily use my sony and rs2 to create higher end videos that my phone can't do, but not being able to use the joystick is a huge disappointment
2022-9-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. There are two ways to shoot videos in Portrait mode with the DJI RS 3:
1. Set the gimbal to FPV mode, and set the follow mode on the touchscreen to the “Portrait”.
2. Employ the L-bracket plate or cage.

Notes:
1. You can use the DJI R Vertical Camera Mount. Here is the Link: https://store.dji.com/product/r-vertical-camera-mount
2. To use the cage, it is required to purchase a third-party accessory.
3. In Portrait mode, the control stick fails and cannot be used to control the gimbal. (There is no way for this needs for the time being because using the vertical shooting function of the fuselage, the three-axis attitude of the machine itself has changed. But we will forward your feedback to the relevant team to see how we can do better as well)

If there is anything else that we can help with, please let us know.

2022-9-25
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks for your response Natalia,
I am aware of the current working options, and they are not satisfying.
The whole point of having a 'Portrait Mode' is quick change of shooting scenario, thus avoiding re-mounting and re-balancing of the system.
(I think this was somewhat better with old S or RS, but I no longer have these..)
But it is not useful in the current implementation.
Thanks for forwarding to the team ;-)
2022-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules