Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flying DJI Avata Indoors
5775 8 2022-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TTV-VoidGG_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138051 ft
Philippines

Hi, I'm trying to learn how to fly DJI Avata indoors, but I don't know why it keeps on flying in a certain direction.
Am I missing a setting or is it normal, and should I just control it by myself?

I'm using sports mode because I believe the downward-facing sensors are turned off so that I can get close to the ground as much as I can.

2022-9-23
Use props
sideburn01
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1689610 ft
United States

Is it taking on a life of its own and flying forwards and backwards on its own and you can’t control it at all? That’s what lines doing and it slams into the wall. I have to kill the motors as my only way out. Happens when I’m about 1’ off the ground. My floors are smooth concrete. Wondering if that’s related. Good idea on sport mode. I’ll try that. Wondering if it’s my drone or if this is a known issue.
2022-9-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there TTV-VoidGG_. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. Just a friendly reminder that DJI do not recommend flying your DJI Avata indoors as the environment indoors may have interference and caused an incident and also during low light condition as the vision sensors may not work properly. DJI suggest to choose an outdoor open area where the GPS is good, no magnetic interference, to fly the drone and check if all the functions are normal. Thank you and fly safe always.
2022-9-26
Use props
ascend
lvl.1
Flight distance : 255344 ft
United States

Sadly, I think many would like to fly DJI Avata indoors, for real estate footage- when the indoors is well-lit.  Unfortunately, there is no way to fly Normal/Sport with GPS/sensors *disabled*.
Would DJI consider an update to allow an advanced option for turning off GPS/Avoidance Sensors, but using the Gyro only to assist with balance/leveling?
2022-11-19
Use props
TTV-VoidGG_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138051 ft
Philippines

ascend Posted at 11-19 20:37
Sadly, I think many would like to fly DJI Avata indoors, for real estate footage- when the indoors is well-lit.  Unfortunately, there is no way to fly Normal/Sport with GPS/sensors *disabled*.
Would DJI consider an update to allow an advanced option for turning off GPS/Avoidance Sensors, but using the Gyro only to assist with balance/leveling?

I think the drones position lock should be the thing that needs to be disabled because it’s the one causing the drone to wander by itself.
2022-11-19
Use props
djiuser_AvJEk0Q0J5Fp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 246352 ft
Portugal

The same thing happened to me. I think its because without the GPS it can't position itself. Sadly I'll have to find another drone to make the indoor footage.
2023-1-26
Use props
djiuser_rvC0BTNfQGFg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105 ft

United States

This is truly unfortunate, and deceptive advertising. The video explainer for the product clearly shows 3 examples of flying indoors - an aquarium, the museum and inside the floor of an apartment or condo. If the product cannot be flown indoors then why show 3 examples of it doing exactly that?
2023-4-8
Use props
osman harac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34370 ft

United States

I fly mine indoors with only slight problems. You have to think about the air currents indoors. This is a pusher drone and creates a great deal of air circulation. It will throw light objects to the ground if you pass close to them. If the area is tight and there is nowhere for air to flow, it will cause the drone act drunk. Also the when the drones loses gps lock it slows down, but when you are in a different section of the property and if it gains gps connectivity again it speeds up slightly without any indication. It would be nice if there would be a pop up telling us gps connection is restored and drone will speed up in 3 seconds. Might as well give as an option to disable gps all together. You got our take off location anyway, how far can we go to cause chaos?
2023-7-3
Use props
472yJuhb5NNJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3136 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2022-9-26 22:45
Hello there TTV-VoidGG_. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. Just a friendly reminder that DJI do not recommend flying your DJI Avata indoors as the environment indoors may have interference and caused an incident and also during low light condition as the vision sensors may not work properly. DJI suggest to choose an outdoor open area where the GPS is good, no magnetic interference, to fly the drone and check if all the functions are normal. Thank you and fly safe always.

this really doesn't align with DJI promoting the avatar with videos like this one.
https://youtu.be/dhCnRjlyJsw
2023-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules