DJI Ronin-M doesn't work "IMU must be upgraded"
7082 27 2015-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
denzproduction
New

Belgium

I have upgraded the latest Ronin-M Assistant Software v1.9 on your download page and the DJI Win Driver on your download page but I can't connect my Ronin-M because it says "IMU must be upgraded" and "Not DJI intelligent battery". The only upgrades available are: "GCU 1.0 Firmware 5.1" and "Receiver 1.1 Firmware 1.12". When I install them and restart the program it's like they are not installed because it tells me to do the same upgrades again and again.

The 2 lights are on but there is no reaction from the Ronin-M when I try to do the Auto Tune or anything else, even with the remote and all Options switched off.

I can only configure it with my PC but I tried it on and Iphone 5 and Ipad 3 and it seems the Bluetooth doesn't work because it can't find the Ronin-M...

2015-8-9
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Please check whether your battery is tightly mounted on your Ronin-M or not
2015-8-9
Use props
denzproduction
New

Belgium

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-8-10 14:32
Please check whether your battery is tightly mounted on your Ronin-M or not

Of course it is ...
2015-8-10
Use props
denzproduction
New

Belgium

Why can't I do the IMU upgrade ? That is the main problem I think.

Here is a screenshot of the "IMU must be upgraded" on the assistant 1.9

2015-8-10
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

If you installed the old Ronin-M assistant software V1.7, please connect it and double check whether the V1.7 software can detect the IMU version
To follow your case, can you please send your email to support@dji.com? we will help you,THX
2015-8-10
Use props
coyut.riot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

I've got the identical failure after updating with 1.9

Gimbal is dead, IMU update option not available anymore
I've tried to reconnect to the IMU with Assistant 1.6, 1.7, 1.8 and 1.9 with no success.

What is the solution on this one?
2015-8-20
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

coyut.riot Posted at 2015-8-21 05:30

Gimbal is dead, IMU update option not availa ...

Please contact support@dji.com, we will help you
2015-8-20
Use props
misprod
New

France

after sent email to dji's support, he sent me a v1.9 beta which forces IMU update... It's the only solution of this problem... My RONIN M works again after 2 days dead
2015-8-24
Use props
rich-bitb
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,

I am also getting the IMU error message - my ronin is totally dead.
Could someone who has the 1.9 Beta please send it to me? rich-bitb@hotmail.co.uk

MANY THANKS! - really hope it fixes it

2015-8-26
Use props
edgeclusive
lvl.1
Flight distance : 874259 ft
United Kingdom

Hey Rich I hope this message finds you well I emailed you can you send the 1.9 beta version I have the same issue ronin m isn't functioning.

GCU at 5.1 attempt to update date it to 1.1 succeeds but after battery cycle stays on the same...

IMU won't update at all keeps failing and the battery isn't coming up...

Thanks in advance hope this works...

2015-8-27
Use props
nahua
New

United States

edgeclusive@hot Posted at 2015-8-27 12:14
Hey Rich I hope this message finds you well I emailed you can you send the 1.9 beta version I have t ...

I'm just upgraded and I too have the same problem - IMU upgrade problem.  Could someone email me the beta file?  My email is nahua808@gmail.com.  Thank you in advance!

--Orlando

IMU Error

IMU Error
2015-8-28
Use props
rich-bitb
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sorry guys but I have had to send mine back for repair via the dealer - not happy at all as it looks like its a common problem now and the support desk do not know how to sort it.
2015-8-30
Use props
joey.delara
lvl.1
Canada

I am dealing with the same issue. If any of you guys have the v1.9 beta can you please email it to joeedee@hotmail.com

Much appreciated!
2015-9-13
Use props
nanoobg
New

Argentina

Hey Guys I have the same problem, I even try to contact any of you! Tomorrow I have to work I have a great idea! Upgrade the firmware !
Does anyone have the bug to repair this or a previews firmware
thanks a lot
nano

2015-9-16
Use props
janillikainen
lvl.1
Finland

Hi,  I  have the same problem, imu upgrade problem . I need help.
Email: janillikainen@msn.com
Thanks !
2015-9-17
Use props
brian_han1788
New

Malaysia

I'm same problem here..pls here!!
2015-9-19
Use props
ek
lvl.1

Chile

Oh Great another problem..I have a shoot this week and need to figure out something, I have not install the 1.9 version on my computer yet, Should I just stick to the 1.8 gimbal application??? I sure would hate to have a blocked Ronin M when I have a shoot coming up??? I am having the drifting problem with my Ronin M, but at least it works... Halfway..?? Last time I will be a Chinese Product. ZERO customer service other that generic emails saying install everything, update everything and balance etc etc. I get my freaking M balanced perfectly but after a minute or so it starts to drift to the right!!!!!
I wish they would get some English speaking person in here on the forums and clean up all these posts and concerns/problems people are having and at least act like they are concerned or working on the problems!!! Other than the generic send and email to us response!!!
Eric
2015-9-19
Use props
brian_han1788
New

Malaysia

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-8-11 15:02
If you installed the old Ronin-M assistant software V1.7, please connect it and double check whether ...

help...my ronin can't work after update the firmware..i got shooting next week... until now there didn't reply me...!!!!!!!!!
2015-9-19
Use props
calcallaghan
New

Ireland

anyone have V1.9 Beta ? my Ronin is dead and i need it in 12 hours

2015-9-25
Use props
MattSmink
New

United States

Same situation as above. IMU won't update and now the Gimbal is dead. Can someone send the 1.9 Beta to msmink@aceraft.com  ??

Please and thank you

2016-7-14
Use props
4pmmedia
New
United States

coyut.riot Posted at 2015-8-20 13:30

Gimbal is dead, IMU update option not available anymore

We have an identical issue with the Ronin. Can we please get a quick solution for this?
2017-1-3
Use props
Brad12d3
lvl.1
United States

So I have a brand new Ronin M from BHphoto and everything is upgraded but it will not work properly. When I turn it on, the gimbal engages for about 2 seconds before going limp. The DJI Assistant Software tells me that I am not using a DJI Smart Battery. I do not know how to resolve this problem. Here is dropbox link to a video and screenshot of my issue: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fnn8m ... jQuZSSGx9GYyGa?dl=0
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Brad12d3 Posted at 2017-1-3 13:03
So I have a brand new Ronin M from BHphoto and everything is upgraded but it will not work properly. When I turn it on, the gimbal engages for about 2 seconds before going limp. The DJI Assistant Software tells me that I am not using a DJI Smart Battery. I do not know how to resolve this problem. Here is dropbox link to a video and screenshot of my issue: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fnn8mfx3gfq947w/AACB5oiaz8UjQuZSSGx9GYyGa?dl=0

I responded to you on your own thread.
2017-1-4
Use props
eraizgn_Ronin
lvl.1

Turkey

https://forum.dji.com/thread-79258-1-1.html
2017-1-7
Use props
sajed0006.yahoo
Flight distance : 21070 ft
  • >>>
Iran

would u plz send this beta version to me????
i have the same issue
sajedalamuti1992@gmail.com
2017-1-9
Use props
fans97da9f84
lvl.1

United States

My Ronin went dead after update. IMU won't upgrade. Anybody have the 1.9 beta they can send?

Many Thanks,
2017-2-7
Use props
fans0f731fe8
New

United States

misprod@hotmail Posted at 2015-8-24 02:24
after sent email to dji's support, he sent me a v1.9 beta which forces IMU update... It's the only solution of this problem... My RONIN M works again after 2 days dead

Can you repost the beta
2017-11-2
Use props
fans0f731fe8
New

United States

sajed0006.yahoo Posted at 2017-1-9 08:59
would u plz send this beta version to me????
i have the same issue

Me too lloydwtompkins@gmail.com
2017-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules