Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Quickest way to get videos/photos from the Avata to an iPhone?
9570 26 2022-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9f363fde
lvl.1
United Kingdom

What's the easist and quickest way to get videos/photos from the Avata to an iPhone?

Thanks,

James
2022-9-23
Use props
fans8a0d9a12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65262 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There isn't one, its terrible trying to remove the SD card with my sausage fingers
2022-9-23
Use props
CutAussie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 336657 ft
Australia

I have ordered a 90deg USB C cable and permanently removed the annoying door
2022-9-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Kindly please refer to the statement below with regard to your inquiry.

For photos/videos recorded in the drone:

1. Android devices: Connect the drone to the mobile device with the USB cable and then read files on Android directly*.

2. IOS devices: It is unable to read files by connecting the drone to the mobile device.

For photos/videos stored in the micro SD card:

Android and iOS devices: Use a third-party card reader to gather the files using your SD card on your PC/Mac.

*How to determine that the drone is connected to an Android device successfully: Check whether there is a pop-up window when the USB cable is connected to the mobile device. If yes, choose "File transfer". If no prompt is shown, replace the cable and try again. (It can access the internal storage and footage stored in the microSD card directly without powering on the aircraft.)

Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-9-23
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-23 22:44
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Kindly please refer to the statement below with regard to your inquiry.

For photos/videos recorded in the drone:

Why oh Why do you have the Quick Transfer on the Mini 3 and not on the Avata.... It makes no sense.

Another reason I wont be buying one
2022-9-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Bigplumbs Posted at 9-24 04:19
Why oh Why do you have the Quick Transfer on the Mini 3 and not on the Avata.... It makes no sense.

Another reason I wont be buying one

HI there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Avata doesn't have the capability to perform the QuickTransfer feature however, we'll forward this feedback to our developers for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-9-26
Use props
guidodg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149757 ft
South Africa

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-26 02:05
HI there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Avata doesn't have the capability to perform the QuickTransfer feature however, we'll forward this feedback to our developers for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. Thank you for your understanding and support.

This should be implemented as soon as possible...by the person with the tiny fingers that designed the ridiculous SD card USB hatch that is impossible to open and gain access to!!
2022-9-26
Use props
djiuser_yNzLmJcl1GoD
New

Canada

guidodg Posted at 2022-9-26 02:35
This should be implemented as soon as possible...by the person with the tiny fingers that designed the ridiculous SD card USB hatch that is impossible to open and gain access to!!

I agree, I just bought the avata and I was sure that my iPad Pro was going to be enough to manage my content. It is not really the greatest to be taking out this SD card from the drone.

The team should work on a solution with the current DJI FLY app that we all have to extract small portions of the recording into small videos for any mobile device.

If anybody needs the full time flight maybe it’s time to remove se card or use a computer.

Please get my thoughts to the respective team! It the only bummer so far with my purchase.

Thank you
2023-3-27
Use props
djiuser_On5ISTZl5ETe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 640410 ft
United States

djiuser_yNzLmJcl1GoD Posted at 3-27 11:35
I agree, I just bought the avata and I was sure that my iPad Pro was going to be enough to manage my content. It is not really the greatest to be taking out this SD card from the drone.

The team should work on a solution with the current DJI FLY app that we all have to extract small portions of the recording into small videos for any mobile device.

I'm able to access the files directly on the Avata using a USB-C cable to my iPad AIr and using the Files app. Both the micro SD and internal storage show up just fine. This is on iPadOS 16.2 and an iPad Air 4th gen.

However, it doesn't work when using a USB-C to Lightning cable to a iPhone.
2023-3-30
Use props
fansb50f4624
lvl.1

Greece

Any improvement?
2023-6-24
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Quickest way is just take the sd card out. Put into your phone sd slot. It will automatically read it. Bam, you done. Now if you want to put it on your computer, just put the sd card into the pc and bam, it's all there. Just drag and drop which video you want and it will copy it. Idk why people complain about the sd card slot, it's call mini sd card for a reason. If you fingers fat af, use a plier or something to pull it out. Not rocket science.
2023-6-24
Use props
fanse4e3179c
New
Flight distance : 85417 ft
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 2022-9-24 04:19
Why oh Why do you have the Quick Transfer on the Mini 3 and not on the Avata.... It makes no sense.

I would like to know also
2023-7-29
Use props
AsturianCetorix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46814 ft
Spain

The place for the SD card is not the best of the world, but man, it´s not so hard. You can even use a pair of tweezers to grab the thing.

Maybe I´m so used to repair bikes that I don´t find anything "so hard to reach" LOL
2023-7-29
Use props
Manuel Perez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2195282 ft
Uruguay

Just use USB cable, you can read files from avata without the battery
2023-7-29
Use props
fans7aa97133
New
Flight distance : 211165 ft
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 2022-9-24 04:19

I agree it’s hard to get to the little door but don’t let that be your reason not to get one. This is by far the most fun drone I have ever flown!!
2023-11-17
Use props
djiuser_P0jtLr6PUejx
lvl.1

Croatia

Is there any updates with app or software? I have brought dji Avata and this is bothering me also.
I cannot connect with iPhone to Avata to download files and it is annoying… And yes, why is there no quicktransfer mode like on mini 3,4 and bam, everyone is happy…

When i connect
2023-11-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_P0jtLr6PUejx Posted at 11-21 17:03
Is there any updates with app or software? I have brought dji Avata and this is bothering me also.
I cannot connect with iPhone to Avata to download files and it is annoying… And yes, why is there no quicktransfer mode like on mini 3,4 and bam, everyone is happy…

Hi there. Thank you for your feedback. We acknowledge that we have received the same concerns and suggestions from other DJI Pilots before. What we will do is continue to record such feedback and ensure that it reaches our related team. Currently, the DJI Avata does not support Quicktransfer. To export the original photo/video captured by DJI Avata to your mobile device, you may use a third-party card reader if the footage was stored on the microSD card. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-11-28
Use props
Minime0815
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1996804 ft
Germany

I use my Mini 3 Pro. Put Avata SD to Mini and use QuickTransfer to iPhone/ iPad. Works fine. But yes, its pain.
2023-11-29
Use props
djiuser_bPbQwH51hygR
New

Ecuador

Minime0815 Posted at 2023-11-29 00:35
I use my Mini 3 Pro. Put Avata SD to Mini and use QuickTransfer to iPhone/ iPad. Works fine. But yes, its pain.

Hi, I used to do the same but unfortunately I recently upgraded my equipment with the mini 4 pro, replacing the mini 3 pro and now it doesn’t work anymore with the m4p… it looks like the file system is not the same than in the m3p…
1-2 18:42
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_bPbQwH51hygR Posted at 1-2 18:42
Hi, I used to do the same but unfortunately I recently upgraded my equipment with the mini 4 pro, replacing the mini 3 pro and now it doesn’t work anymore with the m4p… it looks like the file system is not the same than in the m3p…

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May I confirm the problem you encountered with the QuickTransfer feature on your DJI Mini 4 Pro? I'd recommend turning off your cellular data during the process to avoid connection problems. I look forward to hearing from you.
1-2 22:50
Use props
djiuser_nGDcKTAHWbN0
New

Denmark

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-9-26 02:05

hello. I am sad for dji avata to! how to get quick transfer video now its so bad to get fast video in iphone! bad bad bad
I hope i can sell it for someone
2-3 14:44
Use props
djiuser_nGDcKTAHWbN0
New

Denmark

hi . Maby someone now how to transfer quick video from dji avata to Iphone?
2-3 14:45
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_nGDcKTAHWbN0 Posted at 2-3 14:45
hi . Maby someone now how to transfer quick video from dji avata to Iphone?

We apologize for the inconvenience. It is suggested to use a third-party card reader. Due to iOS system limitations, the aircraft cannot be directly connected for reading photos or videos. It is unable to read files by connecting the drone directly to the IOS device. Thank you for your patience.
2-3 20:42
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_nGDcKTAHWbN0 Posted at 2-3 14:44
hello. I am sad for dji avata to! how to get quick transfer video now its so bad to get fast video in iphone! bad bad bad
I hope i can sell it for someone

Hi there. Thank you for your feedback. Kindly please refer to the response of DJI Tony above for your reference. Should you other inquiries, feel free to contact us. We appreciate your understanding.
2-5 03:53
Use props
fans724d1346
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Hello, DJI.
Please, start writing educated answers. The avata can be connected to the iPhone 15/15pro or iPad pro with usb-c cable and you can import the videos from the photos app.
2-7 12:19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans724d1346 Posted at 2-7 12:19
Hello, DJI.
Please, start writing educated answers. The avata can be connected to the iPhone 15/15pro or iPad pro with usb-c cable and you can import the videos from the photos app.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Avata can be connected to an Android device using a USB cable (OTG cable) to export photos/videos. However, due to iOS system limitations, the aircraft cannot be directly connected to an iOS device for ready photos or videos. We appreciate your understanding and support.
2-9 02:17
Use props
djiuser_0RxNYxjUnr4p
New

United States

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 2023-6-24 08:03
Quickest way is just take the sd card out. Put into your phone sd slot. It will automatically read it. Bam, you done. Now if you want to put it on your computer, just put the sd card into the pc and bam, it's all there. Just drag and drop which video you want and it will copy it. Idk why people complain about the sd card slot, it's call mini sd card for a reason. If you fingers fat af, use a plier or something to pull it out. Not rocket science.

Your ego fat af, lol. iPhones don’t have SD card slots. Bam, you’re dumb. Who posts an answer about how simple something is, when they don’t have the answer? Bam, you’re dumb. If you don’t have the answer to a question that’s asked, then don’t post a reply. Not rocket science.

You can get an external card reader for an iPhone (they’re relatively inexpensive) then take the card from the aircraft or goggles, and use the reader to transfer the files to your iPhone. It’s kind of a hassle, but it works.
3-10 08:34
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules