DJI Osmo Action 3 cannot activate or connect MIMO app
4933 8 2022-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_mRT3IobkwCrF
lvl.2

Germany

Hello,

unfortunately with the new DJI Action 3 the user is forced to activate the product with a limit of 5 activation tries, but for some reason on the Pixel 6 I cannot even connect the MIMO app  to the camera nor activate it (the DJI Osmo Action 1 that I also own works fine).

So basically I bought a product which cannot be used. Please fix this ASAP!!!

(and YES I have downloaded the latest MIMO app fromthe DJI link provided by the QR Code within the camera)
2022-9-23
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi, we notice some android 13 pixel phone has  bluetooth connection compatibility after android 13 releases (about late Aug.)  the latest Action3 Firmware solves the compatibility however the very earliest shipment does not meet the install of the FW.

u can use any other phone to active and update the firmware from Mimo , then the issue will be solved. After the update, the camera can be connected with any android 13 Pixel phone .

Sorry for the inconvenience.

plz refer to this link
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=274716
2022-9-23
Use props
djiuser_ktXLulJfIHyx
New

United Kingdom

Im having the same issue
Brand new out of box using Samsung S21 cant connect to Osmo3
Tried in 2.4 and 5ghz modes with latest mimo app.
I went next door and borrowed my neighbors phone a One plus 5T. same issue it sees device and wont connect I have spent 4 hours now and the batteries are all empty and im giving up.
Is there a way to downlead the latest firmware and add it to the camera via usb?  or should I send this camera back?   
2022-9-27
Use props
djiuser_mRT3IobkwCrF
lvl.2

Germany

djiuser_ktXLulJfIHyx Posted at 9-27 10:17
Im having the same issue
Brand new out of box using Samsung S21 cant connect to Osmo3
Tried in 2.4 and 5ghz modes with latest mimo app.

Succeeded using my tablet running Android 12. But now back on my Pixel 6 it works sometimes, but sometimes the phone sees the camera but cannot connect when I press connect in the app (the camera WiFi is visible on the phone settings though and the phone is even connected to that Wifi, but app does not seem to notice that).Only thing that helps sometimes is to close / kill the app and if that also does not work then I need to restart the phone.

So there is still a way to go on Android 13 @ DJI...
2022-9-27
Use props
djiuser_uYRmlN4abLMa
New

Finland

So if I Have now tried all my best and miss all those 5 times to activate and still no succeed. What to do next?

I cant open Osmo Action 3 camera at all and move on from that activate screen.

Any advices?

2022-12-31
Use props
djiuser_tuntkMzdPPe8
New

United States

djiuser_uYRmlN4abLMa Posted at 2022-12-31 13:37
So if I Have now tried all my best and miss all those 5 times to activate and still no succeed. What to do next?

I cant open Osmo Action 3 camera at all and move on from that activate screen.

This may help:
I got the DJI Action 3 all packed up, then decided to try one more thing. At this point, I had already used my 5 chances to "activate" it and couldn't get past that screen anymore.
My phone is on Android 13, but my wife's identical Samsung Galaxy A52s is still on Android 12. I installed the DJI Mimo app on her phone and finally managed to get it recognized and connected. I went through the setup and downloaded the firmware update.  And..... now it also connects to my phone.  
As it turns out, the app is fussy about Android 13 on many phones, but the new firmware fixes that.  It's quite a catch 22. If they still allowed downloading new firmware, people wouldn't have the problem.
A side note, it wouldn't connect to my old LG 20 with Android 8.
Now I'll give the Action 3 a chance before returning it.
You might have a tablet or the phone of a family member or friend that will connect. Once it connects, it will work and you can install the new firmware and you can use your camera and probably even your own phone.
2023-1-5
Use props
Steve Hayward
lvl.1
Flight distance : 258527 ft
Canada

Can a laptop be used to get updates etc? I'm so frustrated I want to hit this thing with a rock.
2023-2-7
Use props
Steve Hayward
lvl.1
Flight distance : 258527 ft
Canada

I just received 1 Feb 7th 2023. It will not hook up. Now it is locked. How frustrating.
2023-2-7
Use props
arinotabi
New

Taiwan

Anyone has solution?
My phone android 12.
On first day bought it, it can connect smoothly, activated, even do Livestream test.

Then next day I notice the device listed in my account but n/a in device name.
Next time I know is that I can't connect it to the OA3 from my phone.
Did hard reset on OA3, reinstall apps, clear cache etc still no luck.

Wifi OA3 not seen in my phone.
Mimo will detect OA3 but failed each time it try to connect.
During that time I notice that OA3 become pretty hot and drained.
2023-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules