Mavic 3 Classification - UK
352 2 2022-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xoubie
New

India

I was looking at buying a Mini 3 Pro for videos. But I saw a comparatively cheap Mavic 3 for sale. I know there are changes coming at some point to classifications, and I know the Mavic 3 is in a higher weight class. But information about what is going on is vague, with some of it contradictory. So I'm kind of lost and hope someone has an idea and can help to identify what the current situation is.

For someome that has no licences, certification, etc. What are the current requirements to fly a Mavic 3 in the UK.

Based on current knowledge of coming changes, what will be the minimum requirements and restrictions to fly a Mavic 3?

Do I/Will I need more than just an operator ID like the mini 3 pro?

Is/Will the Mavic 3 be a C1/A1?

Will the regulations cover non-marked drones of the same model?

2022-9-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic 3 will get retrospective C1 in later this year if you update to the firmware when its released.    In the UK you will need to register and pass an online exam to fly it.     Even with C1 the Mavic 3 will be limited to distance away from people and overflight extra whereas the Mini3 can almost go anywhere excluding NFZs like airports/prisions etc.
2022-9-24
Use props
yashi43
lvl.1

India

I was looking at buying a Mini 3 Pro for videos. But I saw a comparatively cheap Mavic 3 for sale. I know there are changes coming at some point to classifications, and I know the Mavic 3 is in a higher weight class. But information about what is going on is vague, with some of it contradictory. So I'm kind of lost and hope someone has an idea and can help to identify what the current situation is.

For someome that has no licences, certification, etc. What are the current requirements to fly a Mavic 3 in the UK.

Based on current knowledge of coming changes, what will be the minimum requirements and restrictions to fly a Mavic 3?

Do I/Will I need more than just an operator ID like the mini 3 pro?

Is/Will the Mavic 3 be a C1/A1 https://tutuapp.uno/ https://showbox.bio/?

Will the regulations cover non-marked drones of the same model?

I got this,..
2022-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules