Camera BitRate? 8-Bit or something less?
2641 10 2022-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi,

Question for anyone who might know.  

Below are the specs for the "Avata Camera".  With the new GoPro11 out referencing "10-Bit  Color",  it has me just asking myself what is it on the Avata camera?  8-bit (or less)..or perhaps not relevant to the converstation....was just curious if anyone knows?  

After flying the Avata drone for a few weeks now I can confirm the image quality is 'GOOD' (too dark in shadows).  However, image quality in the GoPro10 & GoPro11 are better (eariler version too I'm assuming..just haven't put them side-by-side yet).

AVATA Camera
  • Sensor
  • 1/1.7-inch CMOS
    Effective Pixels: 48 MP

Note:  
  8-bit color  = 16.7 million colors
10-bit color =  1.07 billion colors

2022-9-23
Use props
Fines Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17269813 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Avata is recording with a bitrate of 130 Mb/s with the AVC1 codec. YUV color space with 4:2:0 chroma subsampling, which makes it 8 bit color.
2022-9-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Avata does support an 8-bit camera bitrate. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-9-24
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-24 02:18
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Avata does support an 8-bit camera bitrate. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

Thank you!  That's exactly what I was wondering.   Appreciate the response.  
2022-9-24
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Fines Aerial Posted at 9-23 13:47
The Avata is recording with a bitrate of 130 Mb/s with the AVC1 codec. YUV color space with 4:2:0 chroma subsampling, which makes it 8 bit color.

Thank you for the clarification.  Very much appreciated...
2022-9-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

RGMGFitness Posted at 9-24 05:44
Thank you!  That's exactly what I was wondering.   Appreciate the response.

You are very much welcome. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day ahead!
2022-9-26
Use props
Xviews
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229255 ft
Germany

will the 48mp mode still come? Until now only 12mp are used
2022-9-26
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

That explains the banding I see whenever I try to color grade the videos.
2022-9-26
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

Ken-W Posted at 9-26 03:01
That explains the banding I see whenever I try to color grade the videos.

It may help the color grading to film in cini-mode, I don't know because I'm not a pro at color grading lol. Just a thought if you are not already doing that.
2022-9-26
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

FPVTrendz Posted at 9-26 08:38
It may help the color grading to film in cini-mode, I don't know because I'm not a pro at color grading lol. Just a thought if you are not already doing that.

There's no Cine model on the Avata as the Avata is an FPV drone. I do have the footage recorded in D-Cinelike, and even that's falling apart in color grading - typically, the banding happens in the sky areas
p.s. i'm also relatively new to color grading videos. I've over 15 years in photography and typically shoot with 14 and 16-bit systems
2022-9-27
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

Ken-W Posted at 9-27 00:10
There's no Cine model on the Avata as the Avata is an FPV drone. I do have the footage recorded in D-Cinelike, and even that's falling apart in color grading - typically, the banding happens in the sky areas
p.s. i'm also relatively new to color grading videos. I've over 15 years in photography and typically shoot with 14 and 16-bit systems

Sorry, the cini-mode I was referring to was what you are talking about lol. I just could not remember what they call it in the setting without turning everything on and looking lol.
2022-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules