Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fines Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17269813 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi,

I've submitted a LAANC authorization to DJI Flysafe using my Avata's flight controller serial number and gotten my Unlocking application approved.

I can't find a place in the Avata's menus to turn on this unlocking zone. It isn't under "Safety" on the goggle screen where I'd expect to find it, nor any other the other menus in Goggles 2.

Any ideas?

thanks,

2022-9-23
Use props
CutAussie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 336657 ft
Australia

I have not tried unlocking by that method but on my mini 2 you will need to receive the unlock to your phone in the Fly app then upload to the drone then load it there
2022-9-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. The first thing you need to do is you need to connect your DJI Goggles 2 to your mobile device running the latest version of the DJI Fly app using a USB-C to USB-C (Android) or USBC to Lightning (iOS). After that, open the DJI Fly app and go to the status on the left side of the screen then unlock the location then follow the prompt instructions. Please let us know if this works. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-9-24
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Excellent question....
2022-9-24
Use props
fans9db387d5
lvl.2

France

It does not really work since after taking off, you will get a message saying the drone will go down automatically after 60 seconds. In addition, you will have to go through the unlock process after installing a new battery!??? A real pain since my house is about 7 miles from the closest airport and I cannot use my drone in my garden...
2022-9-25
Use props
fans9db387d5
lvl.2

France

2022-9-25
Use props
MTourangeau
lvl.2
Flight distance : 156759 ft
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-24 02:12
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. The first thing you need to do is you need to connect your DJI Goggles 2 to your mobile device running the latest version of the DJI Fly app using a USB-C to USB-C (Android) or USBC to Lightning (iOS). After that, open the DJI Fly app and go to the status on the left side of the screen then unlock the location then follow the prompt instructions. Please let us know if this works. Thank you for your valued support.

Where is the status on the left side of the dji fly app?
I found in Profile/parameters/ unlock geozone and enter all the information nees after goong to the fly safe web page and receive an aotorization. Seems the the authorisation does not get to the Avata. This is still a message with the geo zone in the status of the Avata. Your messGe is unclear when you talk about dji fly. Be more specific. Menu, area, item… Status is not part of the main dji fly page.
2022-12-13
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

MTourangeau Posted at 12-13 10:19
Where is the status on the left side of the dji fly app?
I found in Profile/parameters/ unlock geozone and enter all the information nees after goong to the fly safe web page and receive an aotorization. Seems the the authorisation does not get to the Avata. This is still a message with the geo zone in the status of the Avata. Your messGe is unclear when you talk about dji fly. Be more specific. Menu, area, item… Status is not part of the main dji fly page.

You have to import the license into Avata.

After connection with Goggle and Avata, then go to DJI Fly app on your connected phone or tablet (must have internet connection).   Don't go into the drone screen/camera.
From the DJI Fly start up screen, go into your profile, then settings, then unlock geo zone.
Click "Import" to send the license to the drone.   In the same screen, go to the next "Tab" at the top to the Aircraft Authorization Licenses, and Toggle it ON (default is OFF).   You will be prompted to check off some disclaimers/warnings and it would be turned ON.

You are now set, but you need to connect the phone or tablet every time you power on Avata.
You don't need to do the above steps again (except after firmware update), you just need to connect phone/tablet with DJI Fly App again after Avata has been turned off.
2022-12-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

MTourangeau Posted at 12-13 10:19
Where is the status on the left side of the dji fly app?

Thank you for your response. You may refer to the statement of nosnoop on post #8 for your reference. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-12-15
Use props
jimlips
lvl.2
Flight distance : 281388 ft
United States

I've been looking for this answer since I've had my Avata!  Thank you!  I've been flying in a warning zone with my previous drones for years since I've got my part 107 license and live in the "locked out" zone that DJI has set even though I'm technically in a "400-foot ceiling zone", DJI won't let me take off at all, since it is in line with a nearby airport's runway 2.6 miles away.  The way around this is to get permission from the "Self Unlocking DJI site".  Until now, I've been unable to get the unlock data to the Avata.  Your instructions worked like a charm.  Plugged my phone into my goggles, then ran the GoFly software, went to the Profile/Settings/Unlock Geo Zone, found my unlock data from the list, selected it, and got a "Unlock Successful" message.  Disconnected my phone from the googles, then proceed to take off from my back yard, where I've never been able to before!  Thank you again!
2023-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules