Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Samsung Tablet
1745 14 2022-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
treynewton1
lvl.1

United States

First off thanks for allowing me to join and hopefully learn somethings with that said I have tried using the search block and either i am doing something wrong or just cant find anything. I am looking to get a Samsung tablet for better viewing instead of using my phone, however I cannot find which Samsung tablets would be supported and would work with DJI Fly. Any help would be awesome and thanks in advance.

2022-9-23
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The later models of the Tab S2 (8" and 9.7") and upwards are ok, so i would be really looking at the Tab S3 and upwards
2022-9-23
Use props
treynewton1
lvl.1

United States

Thank you I will look into those, I was looking at the Tab A7 however I don't think that will work
2022-9-23
Use props
itsaz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144052 ft
United States

treynewton1 Posted at 9-23 18:34
Thank you I will look into those, I was looking at the Tab A7 however I don't think that will work

I'm using the Tab A7 Lite and am very pleased.
2022-9-24
Use props
treynewton1
lvl.1

United States

itsaz Posted at 9-24 00:34
I'm using the Tab A7 Lite and am very pleased.

Any problems at all with it, that is the one i was looking at purchasing due to the price, have you had any issues at all and are you running DJI Fly
2022-9-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought a used Samsung Tab S6 off Swappa and had no issues with it being compatible with the Fly App.  OS is Android 10.  Nice to have a larger display than what you get from a mobile device.
2022-9-24
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

I was interested by this but the screen brightness is low at 315 nits.

DJI RC is 700 and my note 10+ 5g is 381 although it can go max auto over 700.

Good price on this tablet but would want a brighter screen
2022-9-24
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

chillibadger Posted at 9-24 04:39
I was interested by this but the screen brightness is low at 315 nits.

DJI RC is 700 and my note 10+ 5g is 381 although it can go max auto over 700.

That max 700 odd for the Note, it will not last long at the brightness, once it warms up and or battery falls below x amount, it will drop back down to struggle view lol
2022-9-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Hope that our fellow DJI Pilot could provide you with the best suggestion with regard to your tablet inquiry. Please note that we strongly recommend using a compatible device to avoid any issues. You may access the link below to check the list of compatible devices. Thank you for your understanding and support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2022-9-24
Use props
ozoffi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

My Galaxy Tab S6 with Android 12 works fine
2022-9-25
Use props
itsaz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144052 ft
United States

treynewton1 Posted at 9-24 04:31
Any problems at all with it, that is the one i was looking at purchasing due to the price, have you had any issues at all and are you running DJI Fly

None at all.  Yes, I'm using DJI Fly.  I'd recommend using a matte screen protector to cut down on glare, however.
2022-9-25
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

Be very wary of cheap Samsung tablets. My 2021 A8 cant even decode Ocusync, but the glare off the screen is a killer.

2022-9-25
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

treynewton1 Posted at 9-24 04:31
Any problems at all with it, that is the one i was looking at purchasing due to the price, have you had any issues at all and are you running DJI Fly

I own a A7 lite LTE. FlyApp is running well. The only issue is that it cannot playback 4k files.
2022-9-26
Use props
djiuser_Y7vVJZdCI9ob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 226834 ft
United States

ozoffi Posted at 9-25 00:52
My Galaxy Tab S6 with Android 12 works fine

I see a lot of mentions of the Samsung A series. You mention the S6 here. Had anyone heard if the S7 FE or S8/S8+ are working with the dji fly app?
2022-11-2
Use props
MagicHands
lvl.1
Flight distance : 226834 ft
United States

djiuser_Y7vVJZdCI9ob Posted at 11-2 15:26
I see a lot of mentions of the Samsung A series. You mention the S6 here. Had anyone heard if the S7 FE or S8/S8+ are working with the dji fly app?

OK, I took a chance and bought the Samsung Tab S8+. The DJI Fly app is still not available in the app store; however, I downloaded it off the DJI website. After installation and setup I have competed my first test flight. Everything worked on the drone and the app. Future flights may reveal more but it seems that the Fly app and my Mavic Air 2 work will with the Tab S8+. Brightness levels were good once I maximized it on the tablet. Screen is reflective but I'm buying a matte screen protector to see how it does. For now I can see fine in the shade. Happy flying everyone!
2022-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules