Mini 3 Pro won't enable Focus Track due to nonexistent Geo Zone
2856 3 2022-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
u77d01
lvl.3
United States

Wanted to show a new mini 3 pro owner how to use focus track -- just flying around their backyard. No problems taking off, but all attempts to draw a focus track box yield a "can't enable focus track in Geo 2 zone" error. Thing is, there are no zone restrictions on any maps I can find for their location -- including DJI's. Am I missing something? Thanks.
2022-9-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to access this link https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map and check if you are in a restricted area? If not, please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly app on your mobile device then check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-9-25
Use props
u77d01
lvl.3
United States

Hi. Your map (at the URL you noted) shows no restrictions of any kind at my location. And there are no warnings of a Geo Zone at takeoff. Only when I draw a box around a subject does it refuse to enable Focus Track, claiming it can't enable because of Geo Zone! Also, I'm using the Mini 3 Pro RC controller, so I have no (obvious) way to reinstall the Go Fly app, though if there are recommended procedures to clear the app data and/or factory reset the RC I could try those if you think that it would help. Thanks!
2022-9-25
Use props
u77d01
lvl.3
United States

I have solved this problem. The issue appears to be max distance/max altitude settings. If they are too low, Focus/Active Track will not engage, and the "Can't use focus track due to geo zone" error will appear, even if you are NOT in a geo zone. In my case, initial testing was done with both settings at 20 meters, and increasing them substantially resulted in focus/active track engaging properly without any error message. I haven't tested extensively enough to know what the exact threshold settings are for this to work, or if both max distance and max altitude are involved -- it may be max distance only, but I'm not sure. I have recommended to DJI that the error message be corrected to note the distance setting issue and not erroneously claim that a geo zone is involved, and that the documentation/manual be updated to note this issue.
2022-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules