Has anyone flown the Mini 3 Pro in Turkey?
5609 13 2022-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KeithM6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450400 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like anything under 500 grams should be no problem, but the Turkish drone rules are a bit confusing. A recount of experience and advise from anyone who has flown there would be appreciated
2022-9-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI Pilots here in Forum that manages to fly in the said area. In addition, kindly please check the location using our geo map https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map to see if the area where you are flying is a DJI NO-Fly Zone and unlock it ahead of time. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-9-25
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

Maybe Sean Alami can help?

2022-9-25
Use props
KeithM6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Drone Jockey Posted at 9-25 08:06
Maybe Sean Alami can help?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRT5tiFiDFA

Yes, Sean has done an amazing job. He used a Mavic 3 which is heavier than the 500 gram limit for unregistered drones in Turkey. Only a Turkish citizen can register one. I believe Sean used a few Turks to do at least some of the flying.

Turkish law states: "If you bring your UAV which MTOW (maximum takeoff weight) is 500g or above in Turkey, customs may seize your drones and demand technical conformity form (FR.03) that can be taken from Directorate General of Civil Aviation."

The law further states: "If you bring your UAV which MTOW is below 500g, that kind of UAV is out of the scope of our national regulation and is not required any technical conformity. For this reason, the General Directorate has no responsibility for the entry of UAVs under 500g into the country from customs."

From the above, it appears that flying the Mini 3 for personal use should be no problem. I'd sure like to hear from anyone has done so.
2022-9-26
Use props
djiuser_GoFNae3DZDgq
New
Flight distance : 121995 ft
United States

KeithM6 Posted at 9-26 15:08
Yes, Sean has done an amazing job. He used a Mavic 3 which is heavier than the 500 gram limit for unregistered drones in Turkey. Only a Turkish citizen can register one. I believe Sean used a few Turks to do at least some of the flying.

Turkish law states: "If you bring your UAV which MTOW (maximum takeoff weight) is 500g or above in Turkey, customs may seize your drones and demand technical conformity form (FR.03) that can be taken from Directorate General of Civil Aviation."

Any chance you can post a source for the sub 500g exception? I was in Turkey last year and rather than deal with trying to get the paperwork to bring in a <500g drone I just bought a mini2 while I was there.

I'm going back soon so I went to fill out the forms this time and can't find them. I'd love to have the source regulations to carry with the drone on the trip.
2022-12-4
Use props
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_GoFNae3DZDgq Posted at 12-4 16:41
Any chance you can post a source for the sub 500g exception? I was in Turkey last year and rather than deal with trying to get the paperwork to bring in a

https://drone-laws.com/drone-laws-in-turkey/
The above site has the same info as being quoted, if that helps.

2022-12-5
Use props
KeithM6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

That's the site that I used,
2022-12-6
Use props
Burstmode
lvl.4
Flight distance : 258379 ft
United States

As clear as mud - just like every other website that purports to provide simple rules for visitors. It's all self-contradictory, full of inconsistencies and missing updates.  

Sounds like you should be OK to bring it into the country (a Mini or other sub 250 gram drone).  OK, less to worry about when arriving on a flight.

But what about FLYING it?  Sounds like you need to request permission for every flight ("20 weekdays" before your flight LOL). Also sounds like you must have insurance.

Frustrating.

If you do go and fly, please report back with your findings and experience.  Good luck.
2022-12-12
Use props
kimz
New
Philippines

hi good day,,
i am going to turkey the following weeks.. as of now april 2023, do i need a paperworks or document to bring my dji mini 3 pro? thanks
2023-4-16
Use props
MiamiPalmz1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1119144 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello, has anyone been to turkey recently with a Dji drone ?
2023-5-4
Use props
fans4dd57022
New

Poland

I was in Turkey at the begining of July. I read many information in the Internet about gluony drones in Turkey. I called to the Directorate Generał of the Aviation. And there is no restrictions about drones below 500g. Of course restrictions about need of registering in DGA of Turkey.

So I brought Dji mini 3 pro. And it is very great model for No problem trip and astoining video and images.

If you want I write a direct phone number to head of drone department in Directorate General of Aviation.
2023-7-17
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

MS Posted at 2022-12-5 07:35
https://drone-laws.com/drone-laws-in-turkey/
The above site has the same info as being quoted, if that helps.

great site, thanks
2023-7-17
Use props
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United States

You're welcome :-)
2023-7-18
Use props
ddampl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 154833 ft
Poland

fans4dd57022 Posted at 7-17 02:53
I was in Turkey at the begining of July. I read many information in the Internet about gluony drones in Turkey. I called to the Directorate Generał of the Aviation. And there is no restrictions about drones below 500g. Of course restrictions about need of registering in DGA of Turkey.

So I brought Dji mini 3 pro. And it is very great model for No problem trip and astoining video and images.

This site (https://drone-laws.com/drone-laws-in-turkey/) states:

"The use of model aircraft and small UAVs under 4 kg, with speeds under 50 km/h and flight heights under 100m, is not regulated."

The Mini 2 and Mini 3 can fly higher and faster, so won't that be a problem?

Also, what about the issue of drone insurance, I know it used to be mandatory. And is it possible to fly without reporting the flight anywhere, including over beaches, streets and people? Is there anyone here from Turkey who can explain all this to us?
2023-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules