One Drone, Two Different Accounts?
266 1 2022-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NEatonJr
lvl.1

United States

My adult son and I are hobbyists and share photography equipment (e.g., separate DSLRs but shared lenses, filters, etc.). We bought a Mini 2 as a shared resource. Generally, one or the other of us will be using it for weeks or months at a time (depending on who has something they want to use it for).  
What we are trying to figure out is how to deal with DJI accounts. We have each created DJI accounts and he has gone through initial activation of the drone using his profile.

Now that I am going to use it for a bit, the question is whether the following will work:
* In DJI Fly on his phone, have him go through and unbind the device from his account.
* In DJI Fly on my phone, log into my profile and bind the device.

Assuming this would work, then presumably things are fine as long as each time we hand over the drone we go into our phone and unbind it - our understanding is that has to be done by the currently bound account (possibly on the actual phone used to bind the device?) so if we forgot this step, the person who now has the drone wouldn't be able to bind their account to it.

Based on searches on Google and the forum, it sounds like some people in this position just both use the same account (i.e., I would have to log into my son's account on my phone).

What are the pros and cons of each alternative? Are we missing or misunderstanding something? Are there implications for two accounts vs. one in terms of having our own TRUST certificates, dealing with identification when flying, etc.?

Thanks,
Nate (newbie)

2022-9-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. We will explain the mechanism of the account binding and remote binding here for your question.
To make sure your aircraft can use the flyaway replacement service, the DJI account needs to be bound with the aircraft, and the remote controller bound with the aircraft.
You can submit flyaway verification in DJI FLY APP when the flyaway happened.
To fly the drone,  you need to make sure that your aircraft and the remote controller are bound to the same account.
In your case, if your purpose is just to use the drone for shooting, you can bound to one account and log into another account when the owner of the other account wants to use it.
2022-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules