RTH Flight Path?
900 5 2022-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JeffB99
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13799 ft
United States

I'm a new drone flyer.  I'm getting used to my new Avata in an open field with no issues.  But I would like to know how the RTH path works so I know what to expect when I move to a new location.   Can someone explain the RTH flight path algorithm?   Will it simply fly horizontally to the launch point at whatever altitude its current at and then drop?  What if there are trees in its horizontal path?  And how does RTH work if your're meandering along a trail or river?  Does it turn around 180 and fly the reverse course?  Or just fly a straight line back to its launch point (and crashing into something along the way!).

Really curious about this.  Thanks.

--Jeff  

2022-9-24
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

start with setting your rth height in the menu
2022-9-24
Use props
WernerD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Not 100% sure as some drones behave differently but because the Avata does not have obstacle sensors in all directions, I assume it is the following:

If far away, it hovers, flies straight up to the RTH defined height, direct flight to the home point and vertical descent there. If there are tree branches in the way - big problem.
If close, it lands immediately at the spot by simply descending vertically. If your start point was the only safe landing point in the vicinity, problem.

In both cases, approx 1m above ground, the downward vision sensors check if the landing spot is suitable, else it stops the landing procedure unless the RTH kicked in due to low battery warning.

If you walk, the home point is not(!) updated. But there is a button to update the homepoint to the current location on request. Continuous update has been requested as enhancement but not been implemented with any.
2022-9-24
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

... what about reading the user's manual first...?   
2022-9-24
Use props
JeffB99
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13799 ft
United States

WernerD Posted at 9-24 21:32
Not 100% sure as some drones behave differently but because the Avata does not have obstacle sensors in all directions, I assume it is the following:

If far away, it hovers, flies straight up to the RTH defined height, direct flight to the home point and vertical descent there. If there are tree branches in the way - big problem.

Thanks for the reply and the info.  Makes sense.
2022-9-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. There are 3 types of RTH for the DJI Avata and that would be Smart RTH, Low Battery RTH, and Failsafe RTH. You may want to check their function using our provided manual on our webiste. You may download the manual using the link below. Thank you for your valued support.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual-EN.pdf
2022-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules