Weather
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
colin_e_murphy
New

Canada

I live in Canada and I'm new to the drone thing. Am I able to fly this p3p in the winter and cold ???
2015-8-9
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

They recommend warming the batteries. The inspire one has warmers for purchase from DJI online. I would be concerned about contacts shrinking in the cold. You know how fickle metal is. I would just make sure the unit is room temp right when I go out and keep it warm in your car when you travel to places. You should be fine.
2015-8-9
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-8-10 05:43
They recommend warming the batteries. The inspire one has warmers for purchase from DJI online. I wo ...

I agree totally about keeping the battery warm. I don't think "shrinking" contacts will ever be a problem (barring trying to fly in -50F temps!).

For many years, amateur astronomers used manual cameras (mostly 35mm variety) for extremely long timed exposures. When digital cameras came on the scene, they appeared to be a natural, but the cold batteries were/are a problem. Improved optics, better batteries and better cameras have all contributed to a better life for digital camera batteries in the cold weather - but it's still somewhat of a problem in many circumstances.

I think LiPo batteries are even more susceptible to the cold than nicads and alkaline batteries.
2015-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules