Gyroflow support, rumors or reality?
2724 8 2022-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MarcoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316335 ft
Italy

DJI missed the train by not inserting support for Gyroflow into the firmware of the "DJI FPV", and could still do it, I don't understand what awaits since a few lines of code would be enough to be able to implement it.
Then he realized the mistake and put it in the new "Avata", confirms that it is absolutely possible to do this also in the "DJI FPV".
Would we also have it on "Osmo Action 3" or are they just rumors?
Could anyone at DJI deny it or confirm it?
Regards,

Marco

https://www.youtube.com/erarius

2022-9-25
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

As for now there is no gyrodata in OA3 files, I tried to add them in Gyroflow to check.

I really hope they will add it, it will make a complete new stabilization for footage
2022-9-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MarcoR. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. As of the moment, we do not have any information with the new DJI Osmo Action 3's future update and with regard to this matter.  Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates for the new DJI Osmo Action 3 and for the DJI Mimo application by visiting our DJI official website at www.dji.com . Thank you.
2022-9-25
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-25 18:53
Hello there MarcoR. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. As of the moment, we do not have any information with the new DJI Osmo Action 3's future update and with regard to this matter.  Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates for the new DJI Osmo Action 3 and for the DJI Mimo application by visiting our DJI official website at www.dji.com . Thank you.

Hi Stephen, please forward these request to the designated DJI Department, thanks!
2022-9-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

MarcoR Posted at 9-25 22:06
Hi Stephen, please forward these request to the designated DJI Department, thanks!

Hi there MarcoR. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information. I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you.
2022-9-26
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
France

So it's just rumours then. I won't buy the Action Cam 3 until gyro data is available it makes no sense that it wasn't included to be begin with. It's a bit like Sony with A7III it has a gyro sensor yet they don't realise the data, and refuse to do it via firmware. Yet they saw enough people were calling out for it that they implemented it in the A7C and later versions of the A7 range.

DJI have seen people crying out for gyro data with the Action 2, so I'm really at a loss why the Action doesn't have ab initio.
2022-9-26
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Mikedefieslife Posted at 9-26 07:40
So it's just rumours then. I won't buy the Action Cam 3 until gyro data is available it makes no sense that it wasn't included to be begin with. It's a bit like Sony with A7III it has a gyro sensor yet they don't realise the data, and refuse to do it via firmware. Yet they saw enough people were calling out for it that they implemented it in the A7C and later versions of the A7 range.

DJI have seen people crying out for gyro data with the Action 2, so I'm really at a loss why the Action doesn't have ab initio.

I agree.
Stabilization in real time can never be as precise as in post production if you have reliable gyro data, it is well known.
Furthermore the processors of the cam not having to stabilize have more computational capacity to do something more useful.
And in post processing we can define parameters that cannot be configurable in the cam.
However the integrated stabilization is not bad at all, there is still something to tweak but it is not as aggressive as that of the DJI FPV which is quite painful.
I hope DJI goes in the right direction by implementing gyro data, at least we can choose internal or external.
2022-9-26
Use props
evanmahendra
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213 ft

Indonesia

Is there any future update for gyro data?
2023-4-25
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

evanmahendra Posted at 4-25 20:42
Is there any future update for gyro data?

No, I think DJI doesn't care too much about pleasing its customers with a simple software feature.
2023-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules