Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elia Franke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 332277 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi,

I have the Ronin 4D for a couple of Months now and still have the issue, that the Gimbal Z-Axis arm is moving up and down in lock mode.

The bug is very easy to reproduce: Hold the camera absolutely still and push the gimbal lock button. The arm will move up and down in equal frequencies.

A user called @rone4d already reported this in February this year. It's still not fixed in the latest firmware upgrade.

I already tried several things:
1. Factory reset
2. Different ground surfaces
3. Different angles of the camera

@DJI please take this bug report serious and please fix it asap.

Cheers
Elia
2022-9-25
Use props
rone4d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 830564 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting. I will try mine with the new firmware in lock mode.
2022-9-25
Use props
Elia Franke
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

@DJI any response would be highly appreciated. I'm not the only customer unsatisfied with this bug.
2022-9-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Update:
You can try to place Ronin-4D on your desktop and use lock mode to see if it works.
Please keep us updated on your issue.
Thank you.
2022-9-29
Use props
Elia Franke
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Hi Natalia,

Thanks for your answer.
Sure, I just tried it and it stays level as long as the Ronin 4D is touching the ground.
As soon as I lift the camera up a little the arm starts moving up and down again.

For clearity here a video:
2022-9-30
Use props
Elia Franke
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-29 19:05
Update:
You can try to place Ronin-4D on your desktop and use lock mode to see if it works.
Please keep us updated on your issue.

Hello Natalia, you have not responded yet. Is there any update on DJIs side? This bug is horrible
2022-10-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Elia Franke Posted at 10-6 08:42
Hello Natalia, you have not responded yet. Is there any update on DJIs side? This bug is horrible

Hi, there.
Sorry that we did not see your video before. (Please reply to my answer directly so that I can see your updated post in time, or you can just send me a PM)
For your video, we will check it and reply to you asap.
Thank you for your support again.
2022-10-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Elia Franke Posted at 10-6 08:42
Hello Natalia, you have not responded yet. Is there any update on DJIs side? This bug is horrible

Update:
Sorry for the late reply.
Please send us your product for a further check.
Here is the link to start a repair case: https://www.dji.com/support/repair
2022-10-9
Use props
Elia Franke
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-9 22:59
Update:
Please send us your product for a further check.

Hi Natalia,

thanks for your answer.

Am I the only one having this issue?
I thought it might be a general software bug affecting all customers.

If not I will follow your suggestion and start a repair case.

Cheers
2022-10-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Elia Franke Posted at 10-11 09:43
Hi Natalia,

thanks for your answer.

Hi, Elia.
Thanks for the update.
We have tested it and we did not meet this problem, we suggest you send us for further checking.
We will also keep you updated via Email, please don't worry.
If it is a non-human fault case and under warranty, we will repair it for free.

Besides, if there is anything else that we can help with, please let us know.
2022-10-12
Use props
Elia Franke
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-12 00:17
Hi, Elia.
Thanks for the update.
We have tested it and we did not meet this problem, we suggest you send us for further checking.

Hi Natalia,

I'm trying to create a repair case.

Which issue should I select?

"Hardware Issues -> Error in Gimbal"
or
"Software Issues -> Others"

Also: I live in Germany. Should I write a detailed error report in German?

Thanks for you answer.
Elia
2022-10-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Please choose "Hardware Issues" and describe clearly your problem when registering the case.
Then we will check your machine and keep you updated via Email.
Thank you.
2022-10-15
Use props
Elia Franke
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-15 20:01
Please choose "Hardware Issues" and describe clearly your problem when registering the case.
Then we will check your machine and keep you updated via Email.

Hi Natalia,

I filled in all details to create a repair case - however, should I send
- the entire Camera including all accessories like battery?
- the Camera in the original suitcase or in the suitcase + box?
Also: DJI states they won't be liable if the camera breaks, gets lost or stolen while shipping.
How should I send the camera and who pays for the shipping?

Sorry for all these questions, it would be so much easier if there was a service hotline...

Cheers
Elia

2022-10-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Thanks for the reply, Elia.
1. You can send the Camera only if your accessories work well. (You can only send the products which need to be fixed)
And for more details, after you start the case, we will send you an email. (including shipping label and the address)
2. You can also check more details via this link on our website: https://repair.dji.com/repair/in ... om=nav&from=nav
3. If you want to contact our hotline, please check the below photo and below link: https://www.dji.com/de/support/repair
Deutsch: 0800 9906990 (Kostenfrei aus Deutschland)
Deutsch: +49 (0) 9771 - 906 990 (Aus ganz Europa)
Montag bis Freitag von 8:00 bis 17:00 Uhr (UTC+1)
(außer an gesetzlichen Feiertagen)

2022-10-16
Use props
Elia Franke
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-16 17:27
Thanks for the reply, Elia.
1. You can send the Camera only if your accessories work well. (You can only send the products which need to be fixed)
And for more details, after you start the case, we will send you an email. (including shipping label and the address)

Hi Natalia,

as suggested by you, I did send in my camera in October for a technical inspection to DJI Germany. The technician checked everything and confirmed that there is nothing wrong with my camera, there are no hardware issues, just a bug in the firmware.

They contacted the development team in China and they acknowledged that this is a common bug in the current firmware version and supposingly will be fixed in the next firmware update.

Here the original answer:
“Das Entwickler-Team in China meint dass Ihr Problem mit Ihrem Gimbal normal ist. Es handelt sich um ein generelles Problem des DJI Ronin 4D. Wir würden vorschlagen, dass wir ihn zurückschicken. In der nächsten Firmware-Version wird eine Verbesserung dieses Problems vorgenommen.”
I got that answer on 9th of November. The camera is still very unusable in this condition. I’m confused why this still has not been fixed.

Can you please check when this firmware update will be released?

Thank you.
Elia
2022-12-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Elia Franke Posted at 12-11 14:24
Hi Natalia,

as suggested by you, I did send in my camera in October for a technical inspection to DJI Germany. The technician checked everything and confirmed that there is nothing wrong with my camera, there are no hardware issues, just a bug in the firmware.

Hi, Elia. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We will urge the relevant team to solve this problem asap and we have sent you a PM to confirm more details with you already, could you please check it?Thanks in advance.
2022-12-11
Use props
fans43ed8468
lvl.2
Italy

Hello Natalia,
I can confirm you that last firmware update (january 2023) doesn't resolve the bug. When put in LOCK mode, the Z-Axis gimbal goes up and down. Please, is possible to request a real solution to this problem? It is pretty annoying.
2023-3-3
Use props
Elia Franke
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2022-12-11 17:05
Hi, Elia. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused.
And sorry that we didn't have a specific release time for the time being, but we will urge the relevant team to solve this problem asap. You can also stay tuned to our official website to check the latest update.

Hi Natalia,

the bug is still not fixed as fans43ed8468 said.
I can confirm this even after the latest firmware upgrade.

Would it be possible to connect directly with an DJI engineer working on this?
I could assist in helping to reproduce this bug.

Cheers,
Elia
2023-3-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans43ed8468 Posted at 3-3 09:33
Hello Natalia,
I can confirm you that last firmware update (january 2023) doesn't resolve the bug. When put in LOCK mode, the Z-Axis gimbal goes up and down. Please, is possible to request a real solution to this problem? It is pretty annoying.

Hi, there. Thanks for your inquiry.

We have double-confirmed this problem with our relevant team. And here are more details FYR:
When the fourth axis is in Lock mode, the fourth axis will fluctuate slightly up and down. This is the down and forward view of Ronin 4D, which transmits the ground height information to Ronin 4D. After receiving the corresponding information, Ronin 4D constantly corrects the attitude of the fourth axis to ensure that the picture taken is always horizontal. Please rest assured that the fluctuation of the fourth axis doesn't affect the level of the final shot.

If you meet any problems with the final shot, please send us a related video, and we will confirm it with our engineer again to help you asap.

Thanks in advance.

2023-3-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Elia Franke Posted at 3-3 09:36
Hi Natalia,

the bug is still not fixed as fans43ed8468 said.

Hi, Elia.  

Thanks for your update here.
Could you please check the reply on floor 24# and keep us updated if you still meet this problem with your final shot, it would be nice if you can provide a related video. We will urge our engineer to check it again.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.  

2023-3-4
Use props
fans43ed8468
lvl.2
Italy

Hello Natalia,
thanks for the reply. Sadly, i can't agree with you on this sentence: "Please rest assured that the fluctuation of the fourth axis doesn't affect the level of the final shot".
If a put a 16mm lens maybe, but with a 35mm is pretty noticeable and not usable. Please note that isn't light at all, sometimes it is a more nervous-rigid movement of the z-axys, with painful consequences on the back.

Seems like the internal gyroscope amplifies the natural movement when you try to mantain the firmest position possible. Like microvariation read as more intense movement.

Thanks for your understanding,
waiting for a solution or a patch (I don't know, maybe is related to the bottom/frontal sensors?)
2023-3-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans43ed8468 Posted at 3-4 02:14
Hello Natalia,
thanks for the reply. Sadly, i can't agree with you on this sentence: "Please rest assured that the fluctuation of the fourth axis doesn't affect the level of the final shot".
If a put a 16mm lens maybe, but with a 35mm is pretty noticeable and not usable. Please note that isn't light at all, sometimes it is a more nervous-rigid movement of the z-axys, with painful consequences on the back.

Thanks for your update, we noticed you have sent us a PM, and we have replied to you already.
Could you please check it?
2023-3-7
Use props
Elia Franke
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-4 01:14
Hi, Elia.  

Thanks for your update here.

Hi Natalia,

as requested here a video to show the current unchanged behaviour.

Hope the engineer working on this can get this link and solve this issue.

Please keep me posted. If there is anything else I can help with, please let me know.

Cheers
Elia
2023-3-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Elia Franke Posted at 3-7 13:45
Hi Natalia,

as requested here a video to show the current unchanged behaviour.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6dszNLvvq0

Hi, Eila.
Thanks for your video and updated information.
We have double-confirmed this problem with our engineer again and are sorry to inform you that this issue cannot be optimized for the time being, we are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused.
If you have any more needs or questions that we can help with, please just let us know here, and we will do our best to help.
Thank you for your support and understanding again.
2023-3-7
Use props
Elia Franke
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-7 18:48
Hi, Eila.
We have double-confirmed this problem with our engineer again and are sorry to inform you that this issue cannot be optimized for the time being, we are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi Natalia,

what is the reason this bug cannot be fixed?
It's a clear flaw of the lock-mode.

I would be very interested to hear more details about it.
Is there a thechnical reason?
2023-3-9
Use props
RLO
lvl.2
Italy

Hello Elia, are the bottom sensors cleared when you mount the camera on the easyarm rig? Because otherwise it's the same behaviour as when the camera is close to the ground (or a flat surface). In my tests, this bug is replicable with short distance for the bottom sensors, and micro movement (as hand held).
2023-3-11
Use props
Elia Franke
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

RLO Posted at 3-11 09:14
Hello Elia, are the bottom sensors cleared when you mount the camera on the easyarm rig? Because otherwise it's the same behaviour as when the camera is close to the ground (or a flat surface). In my tests, this bug is replicable with short distance for the bottom sensors, and micro movement (as hand held).

Hi RLO,

yes, the bottom sensors are cleared in my rig setup.
Too bad DJI is ignoring this painful bug
2023-3-12
Use props
RLO
lvl.2
Italy

I hope it will be fixed in the next firmware update
2023-3-13
Use props
Elia Franke
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

RLO Posted at 3-13 08:07
I hope it will be fixed in the next firmware update

I'm hoping this since September last year :/
2023-3-13
Use props
Eli_ronin4d
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-7 18:48
Hi, Eila.

Hello! Has there been any update on this? It's June 2023 and I'm also experiencing the same issue. I'm disappointed nothing has been done to fix this.
2023-6-4
Use props
Elia Franke
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Eli_ronin4d Posted at 6-4 03:34
Hello! Has there been any update on this? It's June 2023 and I'm also experiencing the same issue. I'm disappointed nothing has been done to fix this.

DJI has replied that this won't be fixable. Super disappointing, since this was the main selling point to me.
2023-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules