What is the best simulator to learn fpv?
9133 17 2022-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
A1C
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40909 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm new to FPV (waiting on my Avata to arrive which will be my first FPV drone).  I already downloaded the DJI Virtual Flight app on my phone and playing with it while waiting to get the RC2 to practice with the real controller.

I've read around that the DJI virtual flight app is not as accurate as third party sim apps.  I figured the best place to ask is here.  Does anyone have any thoughts on DJI's app versus something else?  What is the best app to practice with?

I'm planning on spending a ton of hours in the sim with the actual goggles when it arrives, and don't want to waste time with something that may not be as close to reality.

Thanks.

2022-9-25
Use props
Plasmo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17907 ft
United States

The DJI Virtual flight app is a good start.  I also got Liftoff when I first started which is one of the original main sims that is very popular.If you have a fast computer, you can also try the newer programs:  Uncrashed, and Tryp FPV which both hook up to the DJI Controller so you can practice like you are really flying.  I have both and they are very good and more than enough areas to get your Manual skills up and running.
2022-9-25
Use props
A1C
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Plasmo Posted at 9-25 12:55
The DJI Virtual flight app is a good start.  I also got Liftoff when I first started which is one of the original main sims that is very popular.If you have a fast computer, you can also try the newer programs:  Uncrashed, and Tryp FPV which both hook up to the DJI Controller so you can practice like you are really flying.  I have both and they are very good and more than enough areas to get your Manual skills up and running.

Cool, thanks for the suggestions.  I'd rather use the DJI app initially since I can use the goggles with the app.  Can the others be connected to the goggles or just the controller?

I'm a total noob, so I need a lot of virtual practice before taking it out for the first time.  I was just concerned when I read that the DJI app may not be as accurate as other apps.
2022-9-25
Use props
Cesar Murillo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 438845 ft
Colombia

I recomend you , velocidrone simulator with micro drones package ,  the inertials forces are accurate compare with the real life .
2022-9-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You might want to check or download the DJI Virtual Flight Simulator as this software fully supports your DJI Avata and other components of it. The Virtual Flight simulator provides an immersive flight experience whether using your mobile device or PC. You may download the software using the link below. Thank you for your continued support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/avata
2022-9-25
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-25 19:09
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You might want to check or download the DJI Virtual Flight Simulator as this software fully supports your DJI Avata and other components of it. The Virtual Flight simulator provides an immersive flight experience whether using your mobile device or PC. You may download the software using the link below. Thank you for your continued support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/avata

Sadly, you are offering for Android a version that is NOT compatible with the new goggles... So I'm here waiting to train in FPV... Before I go in the real world and fly for now with the Motion Controller in real life.

IOS got the 1.4.1 update... Still waiting for android...
2022-9-25
Use props
A1C
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cesar Murillo Posted at 9-25 18:41
I recomend you , velocidrone simulator with micro drones package ,  the inertials forces are accurate compare with the real life .

This looks nice and doesn't require steam, awesome.  I will be buying this and the micro quad addon.  Do they have an Avata model?  If not, is there something similar I could use?
2022-9-26
Use props
Cesar Murillo
lvl.2
Colombia

A1C Posted at 9-26 04:41
This looks nice and doesn't require steam, awesome.  I will be buying this and the micro quad addon.  Do they have an Avata model?  If not, is there something similar I could use?

My Avata shuld arrive today but I was practice in other and its very similar with a LOADOUT 59 . in the picture you can see the perfect micro drone for training

2022-9-26
Use props
A1C
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cesar Murillo Posted at 9-26 05:00
My Avata shuld arrive today but I was practice in other and its very similar with a LOADOUT 59 . in the picture you can see the perfect micro drone for training

This is great!  I appreciate the help.  I can't wait for the drone and especially for the controller to come.  Everywhere I look, the controller is back-ordered until October, ☹️
2022-9-26
Use props
Cesar Murillo
lvl.2
Colombia

A1C Posted at 9-26 05:18
This is great!  I appreciate the help.  I can't wait for the drone and especially for the controller to come.  Everywhere I look, the controller is back-ordered until October, ☹️

ooooh  yes , the Fpv controller is important for training in MANUAL mode .   
2022-9-26
Use props
A1C
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cesar Murillo Posted at 9-26 05:31
ooooh  yes , the Fpv controller is important for training in MANUAL mode .

I have been searching everywhere to find someone with it in stock, and I just got lucky!!  Anyone looking for the controller www.floridadronesupply.com has them in stock!  At least they had one that they just shipped to me!

Can't wait until Thursday!
2022-9-26
Use props
Cesar Murillo
lvl.2
Colombia

A1C Posted at 9-26 06:07
I have been searching everywhere to find someone with it in stock, and I just got lucky!!  Anyone looking for the controller www.floridadronesupply.com has them in stock!  At least they had one that they just shipped to me!

Can't wait until Thursday!

nice ,   the other consideration you need a cable usb c -to -  usb a ,  to conect de controller on  your MAC or PC ,   the usb c  usb c cable don't work it
2022-9-26
Use props
A1C
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cesar Murillo Posted at 9-26 07:30
nice ,   the other consideration you need a cable usb c -to -  usb a ,  to conect de controller on  your MAC or PC ,   the usb c  usb c cable don't work it

Ugh.  Luckily I have plenty of cables.  I've had that happen with the battery charger for my insta360 camera.  If I plug a USB C - C cable, the charger will not work to charge the batteries.  A USB A to C does.  Very frustrating.  Thanks for the heads up.
2022-9-26
Use props
Anthai
lvl.2
Flight distance : 218038 ft
Thailand

Hi to all
2023 updates please
I own Air2s original controller, the rc new one with the monitor and I bought a new Avata with rc2 hand controller .

Which of those work with any simulator on Pc, android or iPhone?

The new Avata with the rc2 is NOT compatible with the virtual flight dji app. So despite all this equipment I have, it seems that I can’t run any simulator anywhere.

Correct?

What do you suggest as controller since all those are not compatible (unless they are), to be ably r to buy and run simulator like Tryp on r DJI (or what would you suggest?)

Which controller is the best in the market that I can buy for the Pc in this case?

Thank you all!
2023-7-29
Use props
Manuel Perez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2195282 ft
Uruguay

I recomed Dji flight simulator if you want to try stabilized flight, for manual flight i recomend Liftoff
2023-7-29
Use props
A1C
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I've been using Liftoff for FPV, and it is excellent.  Just be patient with FPV practice.  For the first few hours, I thought I would never get it and then it just clicked.
2023-7-29
Use props
CoreyFPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They all have a different feel and flight handling. I use LiftOff, UnCrashed, TYRP, DRL and Ereadrone. All have good tracks and area's to fly, different drones and different challenges. can never have enough decent sims for when the weather is to bad to fly
2023-7-30
Use props
JMC667
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263064 ft
United States

I'm going to purchase a DJI FPV controller 2 to use with the DJI Virtual Flight and Uncrashed sims. Can I use stabilized flight? or is it always manual FPV?
Thanks so much
2023-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules