Low wind problems
876 7 2022-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Fkc0IME6jL10
lvl.1
United States

I've used my new avata a few times since buying it on the first day and I keep running into the same problem.

I'm using the motion controller in normal mode
Any wind /breeze renders the avata useless. The avata gets pushed around very easily.
During a flight over moving water, the avata stalled in midair and wouldnt move forward (odd). I turned the drone downstream and the avata flew out of control at high speed.
Another flight with minor wind, the avata would not turn into the breeze. AGAIN, these are conditions i have flown the mini2 with no problem
The avata view through the goggles also doesn't level out after looking up or down. The image is very tilted in the goggles. Please help

1) Do the sensors on the bottom of the avata help the avata stabilize at all?
2) Does the avata measure it's getting speed with the down facing cameras?
3) What would cause the avata brakes to not work?
4) What would cause the home point to shift during flight by itself?
5) What are the wind speeds the avata can handle in normal and sport modes?

When i contacted DJI the rep said i was past the 15 days to exchange.
I was told to record both my mini2 and the avata in wind.

please help. thank you

2022-9-25
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

most of your answers you can find in the user manual until someone with an avata comes along to respond.  however, you forgot to tell us how your avata responds when there is no wind at all (making sure you don't have an error with your drone).  i think you are getting some feedback in the other thread?
2022-9-25
Use props
YagitAgit
lvl.1
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-25 16:59
most of your answers you can find in the user manual until someone with an avata comes along to respond.  however, you forgot to tell us how your avata responds when there is no wind at all (making sure you don't have an error with your drone).  i think you are getting some feedback in the other thread?

Hi The Saint,
No wind no problems. It flies wonderfully
2022-9-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please fly your DJI Avata to a different location to see if the issue will persist. Just a reminder that when flying your DJI Drone above  water, the vision positioning function will turn off automatically and only the GPS and barometer are used for positioning, if affected by the accuracy range, and an accident might happen. Kindly please keep us posted and thank you.
2022-9-25
Use props
YagitAgit
lvl.1
United States

After a lot of testing, the avata is similar to my mini 2 in wind resistance.
2022-10-15
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 64820 ft
Netherlands

Quote: "Just a reminder that when flying your DJI Drone above  water, the vision positioning function will turn off automatically"

Really? It can sense by itself that it flies over water?
2022-10-15
Use props
YagitAgit
lvl.1
United States

Killerbee Posted at 10-15 09:16
Quote: "Just a reminder that when flying your DJI Drone above  water, the vision positioning function will turn off automatically"

it doesnt seem to shut off
2022-10-15
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Killerbee Posted at 10-15 09:16

The lil thing can even sense the color of your underwear.....

thing that amazes me, another day I was flying low to the ground on my back yard (21 acres) and I hear a small plane far away....got that prompt - "fly with caution, airplane close by"
2022-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules