Repeatable flight path on Air 2S
2267 10 2022-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mrceolla
lvl.2
United States

As the subject says, I'm looking for a way to fly the same path repeatedly with my Air 2S.  I know there is Waypoints in Hyperlapse mode, but I need video mode.  Is Litchi my best bet here?
2022-9-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The only mode in that you can fly the unit in the same path repeatedly is the Waypoints using the Intelligent Flight Mode Hyperlapse. Just a friendly reminder, we don't recommend using a 3rd party app or software as we cannot guarantee the stability of the application or software with our unit. This can also void your warranty if ever your drone accidentally crashes due to a 3rd party app. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-9-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Litchi mission planner will do this,  but due to the accuracy of GPS the routes will never be 100% identical.
2022-9-25
Use props
fans719283ce
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-25 21:52
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The only mode in that you can fly the unit in the same path repeatedly is the Waypoints using the Intelligent Flight Mode Hyperlapse. Just a friendly reminder, we don't recommend using a 3rd party app or software as we cannot guarantee the stability of the application or software with our unit. This can also void your warranty if ever your drone accidentally crashes due to a 3rd party app. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Yes, I realize it could void the warranty.  However, will it also void DJI Care Refresh?
2022-9-29
Use props
fans719283ce
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-25 23:19
Litchi mission planner will do this,  but due to the accuracy of GPS the routes will never be 100% identical.

Thank you for the confirmation.  I understand achieving 100% is impossible for a number of reasons.  Hopefully it's good enough.  I'm looking to do day-to-night, season change, and construction progress videos
2022-9-29
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

fans719283ce Posted at 9-29 18:29
Yes, I realize it could void the warranty.  However, will it also void DJI Care Refresh?

It may. Just using it probably will not void Care Refresh. However if a crash happens and it is caused because of the app, DJI might decide not to replace your drone. I have used Litchi myself, it is stable, however with newer drones (including Air 2S) Waypoints are very jerky, due to "Virtual Sticks" and the limitations of these drones. Stabilizing the video afterwards in Davinci Resolve, might help fix the issue.

If you're concerned about Litchi voiding your care refresh, here's a video I saw about it:
2022-9-30
Use props
fans719283ce
lvl.2
United States

@DJI Paladin can you confirm or deny how DJI would handle a crash while using Litchi but with Care Refresh also?
2022-9-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans719283ce Posted at 9-29 18:29

Thank you for your response. Please note that using the third-party apps does not void the warranty/DJI Care Refresh automatically. But if the accident is caused by using third-party apps, then the warranty and DJI Care Refresh will not cover it. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-10-1
Use props
fans719283ce
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-1 03:43
Thank you for your response. Please note that using the third-party apps does not void the warranty/DJI Care Refresh automatically. But if the accident is caused by using third-party apps, then the warranty and DJI Care Refresh will not cover it. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

Clear as mud LOL

How, exactly, could the 3rd party app CAUSE an accident?  Wouldn't it ultimately be user/pilot error?

Can you please give an example of a situation where the 3rd party app would be at fault?

Much thanks for these additional clarifications!
2022-10-3
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23418189 ft
United States

fans719283ce Posted at 9-29 18:33
Thank you for the confirmation.  I understand achieving 100% is impossible for a number of reasons.  Hopefully it's good enough.  I'm looking to do day-to-night, season change, and construction progress videos

I'm 3 seasons into doing exactly this with Litchi. The GPS is accurate enough to stitch the videos with a light fade transition.
2022-10-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans719283ce Posted at 10-3 17:42
Clear as mud LOL

How, exactly, could the 3rd party app CAUSE an accident?  Wouldn't it ultimately be user/pilot error?

Sorry for the confusion. If you are using, for example, 3rd party application and the app suddenly malfunctions and you don't have any control over the unit then the drone accidentally crashed as we don't have any guarantee to any 3rd party software/app. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules