Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David-Air
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4717963 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi all

Over the weekend, I went flying at a river taking some videos.  Unfortunately, my drone clip a tree branch and fall in the middle of the river unretrievable.  Luckily, I do have a care refresh.

Has anyone had any experience with DJI with flyaway claim?  Please advise.

Appreciate with any input of comment

2022-9-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry to hear this. If you want to use your DJI Care Refresh for flyaway, you may enter your DJI FLY APP- Profile- Device Management and start flyaway verification. It will guide you to report a flyaway case.  When “Flyaway aircraft report confirmed” is shown, it indicates that the flyaway report process is completed. We will then send you a DJI Care flyaway replacement quotation via email. After you pay the replacement fee, we will send you the product.
2022-9-25
Use props
David-Air
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-25 20:00
Hello, there. Sorry to hear this. If you want to use your DJI Care Refresh for flyaway, you may enter your DJI FLY APP- Profile- Device Management and start flyaway verification. It will guide you to report a flyaway case.  When “Flyaway aircraft report confirmed” is shown, it indicates that the flyaway report process is completed. We will then send you a DJI Care flyaway replacement quotation via email. After you pay the replacement fee, we will send you the product.

Hi Wanda

I already raised Flyaway case via DJI support website yesterday.  Are you able to push this along?  I can give you the case # but not in the forum though.

Thanks

2022-9-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

David-Air Posted at 9-25 20:13
Hi Wanda

I already raised Flyaway case via DJI support website yesterday.  Are you able to push this along?  I can give you the case # but not in the forum though.

We found your case through your registered email address. We also forward your request to them. Please do not worry.
2022-9-25
Use props
David-Air
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-25 22:46
We found your case through your registered email address. We also forward your request to them. Please do not worry.

Thanks Wanda

Greatly appreciated.  I do fly very often, every other day whenever possible enabling me to learn drone flying but also colour grading as well.  Are you able to let me know when you think the claim will be fulfilled?  Just a ball park would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
2022-9-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

David-Air Posted at 9-25 22:58
Thanks Wanda

Greatly appreciated.  I do fly very often, every other day whenever possible enabling me to learn drone flying but also colour grading as well.  Are you able to let me know when you think the claim will be fulfilled?  Just a ball park would be appreciated.

The judgment of warranty repair/replacement is based on the after-sales policies and warranty period.
You may  refer to the terms What This After-Sales Policy Does NOT Cover
Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer
2022-9-25
Use props
David-Air
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-25 23:10
The judgment of warranty repair/replacement is based on the after-sales policies and warranty period.
You may  refer to the terms What This After-Sales Policy Does NOT Cover
Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer

Thanks Wanda

The claim process has commenced.  Thanks for your push.  Hopefully I will have the unit soon.
2022-9-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

David-Air Posted at 9-26 02:07
Thanks Wanda

The claim process has commenced.  Thanks for your push.  Hopefully I will have the unit soon.

You are welcome. We hope you can receive the unit as soon as possible, too.
2022-9-26
Use props
djiuser_QhrVhx9iSDAX
New

United States

For me, It was biggest waist of money and time After my DJI Mini stuck on the top of the tree and I was not able to recover. After 3 days of back and forth with DJI they finally send me an email that because I am not able to recover Aircraft they will not replace it!!!??? I am like WHAT? Isn't it what FLY AWAY hole point is? I hope you have better experience. Good luck! I personally would never buy this "Care Refresh plan" again...it is deceiving advertising at best.   
2022-9-27
Use props
David-Air
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_QhrVhx9iSDAX Posted at 9-27 08:53
For me, It was biggest waist of money and time After my DJI Mini stuck on the top of the tree and I was not able to recover. After 3 days of back and forth with DJI they finally send me an email that because I am not able to recover Aircraft they will not replace it!!!??? I am like WHAT? Isn't it what FLY AWAY hole point is? I hope you have better experience. Good luck! I personally would never buy this "Care Refresh plan" again...it is deceiving advertising at best.

I am really sorry to hear that.  My experience is excellent so far.  

Lost it on Sunday, log the flyaway request with DJI straight away, come to this forum asking for flyaway experience.  Wanda from DJI replied my post.  Monday I got an email informing my Drone, extended battery as well as the SD card will be replaced.  SD card is on its way.  I paid for the access, and hopefully I will get my drone in a next week or so.  I will update this post once I receive my drone.
One important thing is that you must upload the flight record to DJI for review.
2022-9-27
Use props
David-Air
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

David-Air Posted at 9-27 16:46
I am really sorry to hear that.  My experience is excellent so far.  

Lost it on Sunday, log the flyaway request with DJI straight away, come to this forum asking for flyaway experience.  Wanda from DJI replied my post.  Monday I got an email informing my Drone, extended battery as well as the SD card will be replaced.  SD card is on its way.  I paid for the access, and hopefully I will get my drone in a next week or so.  I will update this post once I receive my drone.

I just got an email from DJI informing the drone, battery is now being sent out.
2022-9-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_QhrVhx9iSDAX Posted at 9-27 08:53
For me, It was biggest waist of money and time After my DJI Mini stuck on the top of the tree and I was not able to recover. After 3 days of back and forth with DJI they finally send me an email that because I am not able to recover Aircraft they will not replace it!!!??? I am like WHAT? Isn't it what FLY AWAY hole point is? I hope you have better experience. Good luck! I personally would never buy this "Care Refresh plan" again...it is deceiving advertising at best.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We have checked your ticket and saw that your case has been resolved. Is there anything we can help you with?
2022-9-28
Use props
David-Air
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-28 03:37
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We have checked your ticket and saw that your case has been resolved. Is there anything we can help you with?

I received my drone, extended battery, SD card today.  Really happy the DJI care refresh.  Totally recommend to anyone.  DJI, keep up the good work.

Just one thing.  I paired the controller and aircraft, just need to dig around.  So if instruction provide would be better.
2022-9-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

David-Air Posted at 9-30 00:16
I received my drone, extended battery, SD card today.  Really happy the DJI care refresh.  Totally recommend to anyone.  DJI, keep up the good work.

Just one thing.  I paired the controller and aircraft, just need to dig around.  So if instruction provide would be better.

Hi, there. Glad to know that you have received the package. We have forwarded it to our team. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2022-9-30
Use props
djiuser_ne63YhXqWkSR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1390646 ft
United States

I bought the care refresh and was talked into buying the express package also and it said that the day they receive your drone they ship out the replacement same day. well they don't I bought both insurances for nothing they I mailed my drone over a week ago and they said it gonna take another week or so for repair assessment still haven't said when or if I'm going to receive my replacement been pure hell the 5 phone calls I've made .I'm done talking to the so called support
2022-10-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_ne63YhXqWkSR Posted at 10-4 10:01
I bought the care refresh and was talked into buying the express package also and it said that the day they receive your drone they ship out the replacement same day. well they don't I bought both insurances for nothing they I mailed my drone over a week ago and they said it gonna take another week or so for repair assessment still haven't said when or if I'm going to receive my replacement been pure hell the 5 phone calls I've made .I'm done talking to the so called support

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. We have checked your case before. You created two cases for the repair. Both were not DJI Care Express. DJI Care Express can be claimed here: https://repair.dji.com/express/r ... 05056a04ec4&sn=
At the same time, we are sorry for the inconvenience you had when calling our support. We will forward it to our designated teams. If you have any questions, please let us know.
2022-10-13
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Depending on how the Care Refresh claim is processed, your experience may be terrific or it will be hell!I am in the process of claiming the Care Refresh for loosing my Mini 3 Pro when it clipped the top of a tree. This happened on a steep hillside and after several attempts at locating its whereabouts I can only assume that its stuck amongst the branches maybe 30m up.
According to my last email from Support the Care Refresh that I paid for is not going to help me because I did not complete the 'binding' of the drone with the program using the controller. As far as I'm concerned the receipt that was e-mailed to me showed that the Care Refresh is linked to my drone's serial number, so why is there a need for any 'binding'.
So, my recommendation to everyone that thinks this Care Refresh program is there to protect your loss - its NOT. The whole thing has so many legal hurdles that you'll need a lawyer to guide you through.
2022-10-18
Use props
David-Air
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Psoon Posted at 10-18 18:40
Depending on how the Care Refresh claim is processed, your experience may be terrific or it will be hell.

Mine is a flyaway claim with full flight record.  There is nothing to repair or retrieve possible and willing to pay ASAP make the process a little more easier.I guess when it is a repair job, the experience can be much different.
2022-10-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Depending on how the Care Refresh claim is processed, your experience may be terrific or it will be hell!I am in the process of claiming the Care Refresh for loosing my Mini 3 Pro when it clipped the top of a tree. This happened on a steep hillside and after several attempts at locating its whereabouts I can only assume that its stuck amongst the branches maybe 30m up.
According to my last email from Support the Care Refresh that I paid for is not going to help me because I did not complete the 'binding' of the drone with the program using the controller. As far as I'm concerned the receipt that was e-mailed to me showed that the Care Refresh is linked to my drone's serial number, so why is there a need for any 'binding'.
So, my recommendation to everyone that thinks this Care Refresh program is there to protect your loss - its NOT. The whole thing has so many legal hurdles that you'll need a lawyer to guide you through.

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. We managed to find your case through your forum account. We will have a look and get back to you asap.
2022-10-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Depending on how the Care Refresh claim is processed, your experience may be terrific or it will be hell!I am in the process of claiming the Care Refresh for loosing my Mini 3 Pro when it clipped the top of a tree. This happened on a steep hillside and after several attempts at locating its whereabouts I can only assume that its stuck amongst the branches maybe 30m up.

Hi there, we've forwarded your request to the corresponding team and our team will contact you regarding this issue. Please wait for the email update patiently.
2022-10-19
Use props
djiuser_Vy9IH7CXsL8A
New
Flight distance : 23327 ft
United Kingdom

Hi guys
I have a flyaway case just happened there days ago. Would DJI replace my drone for a brand new one or it’s a second hand ? Thanks
2023-8-10
Use props
David-Air
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

I claimed mine many months ago.  Brand new.  They even throw in the lost SD card.  Obviously, you have to paid the access.

Another friend using Mavic 3 pro for fishing and the fishing caught on the prop and the whole motor shorted.  He also get a brand new one.
2023-8-10
Use props
David-Air
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

I claimed mine many months ago.  Brand new.  They even throw in the lost SD card.  Obviously, you have to paid the access.

Another friend using Mavic 3 pro for fishing and the fishing caught on the prop and the whole motor shorted.  He also get a brand new one.
2023-8-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_Vy9IH7CXsL8A Posted at 8-10 08:36
Hi guys
I have a flyaway case just happened there days ago. Would DJI replace my drone for a brand new one or it’s a second hand ? Thanks

Hi there! All replacement products meet factory standards and are brand new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability, tested before leaving the factory to ensure the safety of your flight.
2023-8-10
Use props
Last Place
lvl.1

France

djiuser_Vy9IH7CXsL8A Posted at 8-10 08:36
Hi guys
I have a flyaway case just happened there days ago. Would DJI replace my drone for a brand new one or it’s a second hand ? Thanks

Make sure you have liked your drone to your controller.
I wasn't able to do it before my drone's flyaway. And even though I was able to provide the flight data, this was not enough to guarantee the return of a new drone.

Paying a service for nothing is nothing to be pleased about.
2023-9-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Last Place Posted at 9-14 00:05
Make sure you have liked your drone to your controller.
I wasn't able to do it before my drone's flyaway. And even though I was able to provide the flight data, this was not enough to guarantee the return of a new drone.

Hello, there. We apologize for the inconvenience.
We checked your case by your Forum account and saw that our data analysis teams have sent you the report. May we know which part of the report you disagree with?
We will forward it to our related teams.
2023-9-14
Use props
Last Place
lvl.1

France

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-14 01:31
Hello, there. We apologize for the inconvenience.
We checked your case by your Forum account and saw that our data analysis teams have sent you the report. May we know which part of the report you disagree with?
We will forward it to our related teams.

Thanks for your quick reply,

I don't disagree with the report. The underside sensor did not detect the height because of the water. It's a fact.

But it was clearly too dangerous for me to retrieve the drone in deep water. And I didn't think it was necessary to risk my life to get the drone back so that the insurance would work.

I was just hoping to be able to use the insurance to get a replacement drone by paying the replacement fees.
Instead, I was offered a new drone with a 15 percent discount. I appreciate the effort, but it's not at all the same cost.
2023-9-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Last Place Posted at 9-14 02:03
Thanks for your quick reply,

I don't disagree with the report. The underside sensor did not detect the height because of the water. It's a fact.

Noted. I will convey your request to our teams first.
2023-9-14
Use props
Last Place
lvl.1

France

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-14 04:51
Noted. I will convey your request to our teams first.

Thanks, appreciate that.
2023-9-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Last Place Posted at 9-14 04:59
Thanks, appreciate that.

You are most welcome.
2023-9-14
Use props
Last Place
lvl.1

France

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-14 05:45
You are most welcome.

Hi there,
Didn't receive any news from the team. Wondering if it's was normal ?
2023-9-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Last Place Posted at 9-19 00:13
Hi there,
Didn't receive any news from the team. Wondering if it's was normal ?

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. We have confirmed with our teams. About your request, they are unable to offer it. Thus, we escalated your case to our supervisor teams. They will contact you as soon as possible in working days. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-9-19
Use props
Last Place
lvl.1

France

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-19 02:13
Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. We have confirmed with our teams. About your request, they are unable to offer it. Thus, we escalated your case to our supervisor teams. They will contact you as soon as possible in working days. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank a lot for your response and your involvement.
2023-9-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Last Place Posted at 9-19 02:31
Thank a lot for your response and your involvement.

You are welcome. Please let me know if you have any questions later.
2023-9-19
Use props
Last Place
lvl.1

France

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-19 02:50
You are welcome. Please let me know if you have any questions later.

I really wanted to give you my thanks for the work you've done. In the end, customer service was willing to make the fly away insurance work. Thanks again !
2023-9-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Last Place Posted at 9-27 07:26
I really wanted to give you my thanks for the work you've done. In the end, customer service was willing to make the fly away insurance work. Thanks again !

No problem. It's our pleasure to help. If you have any further need, please feel free to let us know.
2023-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules