Increasing Noise in Low light Raw Photography
792 3 2022-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

Has anybody noticed that since the Fly app update v1.7.4 and onwards, the Air 2S RAW images taken in low light are getting excessive noisy? Or is it just me?

I process images in Lightroom and after each Fly app update the noises in the images are becoming unusuable incrementally. I went ahead and refreshed everything to no prevail. There is certainly no crash or anything involved either.

What is happening?
2022-9-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There's no change.
It's normal to see noise in your images when things are dark, particularly at higher ISO settings.
2022-9-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please send us a sample footage showing the issue also the camera parameters that you used? In addition, kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly app then update/refresh the firmware of the unit using the DJI Assistant 2 software then check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-9-26
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

Labroides Posted at 9-25 21:37
There's no change.
It's normal to see noise in your images when things are dark, particularly at higher ISO settings.

Maybe nothing changed for you. I am seeing a lot of noise at 100 ISO. I shoot mostly in low light and this is not normal.
2022-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules