571 5 2022-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Webevision
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5906043 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just pushing this thread on, as it's really bugging me the M3 doesn't fly as nicely as the M2.

If there are any DJI engineers listening, could you have a look at this issue and possibly add it to the next FM update?

Ta

Phil
2022-9-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There are no DJI technical people here.
2022-9-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Phil. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know more about the issue that you are having on your DJI Mavic 3 for us to be able to assist you on this matter. Thank you.
2022-9-26
Use props
Webevision
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5906043 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Stephen, here's what I posted last time.

For instance I always land with the drone facing away from me, arse first (or ass for our US viewers), so the controller sticks match the drones orientation for safer landing.
With the M2 I could zip it back to my home position while spinning the drone at the same time to orientate rear first all in one movement. With the M3 it seems to want to do a wide arch,  and as much as I try, it skews around and looks like a right dogs breakfast, almost as if I'm not in control.

It also has a tendency to slow down mid air when I fly a manual POI shot, and that's without any obstructions. It has a similar feel to when you drive a car with 'Lane assist'. Almost like having someone pulling against you sometimes.  It's hard to describe accurately, but if I had an M2 and M3 side by side I could demonstrate it. Sadly my M2 got nicked.

Thanks Labroides, I thought it was monitored by DJI??  I'm keen to post anyway as you never know it might get back to China HQ!
Cheers

Phil
2022-9-26
Use props
Lucas626
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I could zip mine around while RTH.  
2022-9-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Webevision Posted at 9-26 07:48
Hi Stephen, here's what I posted last time.

For instance I always land with the drone facing away from me, arse first (or ass for our US viewers), so the controller sticks match the drones orientation for safer landing.

I thought it was monitored by DJI??
It's monitored by some non-technical people from DJI who don't do much more than copy/paste the same canned responses.
One of their favourites is:
I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest updates on DJI please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your support.

But nothing ever comes from it.

People have been commenting/complaining about the Mavic 3's harsh braking and the inability to modify the controls as you could with DJI Go 4.
But DJI couldn't care less and have ignored every comment.

2022-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules