Position hold indoor not working
1824 8 2022-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9127 ft

Germany

Hey, I just bought the Avata and flew outside. Everything working great! But if I fly inside in normal mode it just keeps drifting one side until it crashes. Is that normal? Is my drone maybe defect or does it need a really textured floor? I also added a picture from the floor I'm testing on.
16642027228753563005513750830445.jpg
2022-9-26
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

... I think, it needs some "markers"...   
2022-9-26
Use props
HannesT
lvl.1

Germany

frankymusik Posted at 9-26 06:56
... I think, it needs some "markers"...

Yeah I also thought that. So are the sensors on the bottom of the drone like cameras? Then DJI might be able to fix / make it better with some updates. Because I think it should be able to detect the ground (if that are cameras)
2022-9-26
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

This may not be the issue you are having, but I find that when I fly indoors (which is a lot lol), if I get too close to the wall (like even 5 feet) it will begin to drift towards that wall. It's the airflow causing that and that happens with any drone. You just have to speed forward to get past it. I have a hallway that is about 8 feet wide and it speeds itself through it like a vortex or something lol. But again, this may not be your issue, just thought I would add this.
2022-9-26
Use props
HannesT
lvl.1

Germany

FPVTrendz Posted at 9-26 08:35
This may not be the issue you are having, but I find that when I fly indoors (which is a lot lol), if I get too close to the wall (like even 5 feet) it will begin to drift towards that wall. It's the airflow causing that and that happens with any drone. You just have to speed forward to get past it. I have a hallway that is about 8 feet wide and it speeds itself through it like a vortex or something lol. But again, this may not be your issue, just thought I would add this.

Thanks for sharing! I'm still waiting for the FPV controller 2 to arrive. With the motion controller it's not that easy to fly inside because you can just fly forward. I hope they somehow manage to improve the stabilization indoor (if that is possible). I'm not sure how the sensors on the bottom work but I could imagine that they are like cameras so they should be able to do a bit better than they currently do.
2022-9-26
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

HannesT Posted at 9-26 07:04
Yeah I also thought that. So are the sensors on the bottom of the drone like cameras? Then DJI might be able to fix / make it better with some updates. Because I think it should be able to detect the ground (if that are cameras)

... yes, they are cameras, definitely.
2022-9-26
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

HannesT Posted at 9-26 08:39
Thanks for sharing! I'm still waiting for the FPV controller 2 to arrive. With the motion controller it's not that easy to fly inside because you can just fly forward. I hope they somehow manage to improve the stabilization indoor (if that is possible). I'm not sure how the sensors on the bottom work but I could imagine that they are like cameras so they should be able to do a bit better than they currently do.

If I'm correct, on the bottom are 2  cameras and 2 infrared cameras.  But I'm not sure those cause the issue with hovering, but they could be. To be honest, while it's not impossible to fly indoors with the MC, it's darn near impossible. It would take a lot of practice to do it. I use the FPV Remote 2 to fly indoors and it works very well. I've tried it with the MC but it kept sucking up against the wall. So my educated guess (which is not worth 2 cents lol) is you are having issues because of the MC and not the drone or the cameras on the bottom.
2022-9-26
Use props
HannesT
lvl.1

Germany

FPVTrendz Posted at 9-26 12:16
If I'm correct, on the bottom are 2  cameras and 2 infrared cameras.  But I'm not sure those cause the issue with hovering, but they could be. To be honest, while it's not impossible to fly indoors with the MC, it's darn near impossible. It would take a lot of practice to do it. I use the FPV Remote 2 to fly indoors and it works very well. I've tried it with the MC but it kept sucking up against the wall. So my educated guess (which is not worth 2 cents lol) is you are having issues because of the MC and not the drone or the cameras on the bottom.

Okay, thank you for the reply. I will try with the FPV controller once it is there and update this post
2022-9-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Dner. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. Just a friendly reminder that DJI do not recommend flying your DJI Avata indoors as the environment indoors may have interference and caused an incident and also during low light condition as the vision sensors may not work properly. DJI suggest to choose an outdoor open area where the GPS is good, no magnetic interference, to fly the drone and check if all the functions are normal. Thank you and fly safe always.
2022-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules