Old Firmware
1522 3 2022-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djordan2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

I have two Phantom 3 Standards.   One will go out to a distances of over 3,000 feet.  The other will lose signal and return home at 1,100 feet.  The only difference  I can find with them is the firmware.  The 3,000 foot drone has firmware 1.09.0200, and the 1,100 foot drone has 1.9.20+.  I don't fly either one very much anymore because I also have the P3Pro and a Mini 2.  But I would like to know what the difference it between these 2 P3S drones.

The 3,000 foot drone had crashed some years ago and was sent to DJI for repair.  When it came back, I notice the increase in range over the other one.  Could the firmware be the difference?  Could DJI service have installed some special firmware during repair.  If so, does anyone know where I can get a copy of the 1.9.20+ firmware?

2022-9-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there djordan2. Good day and thank you for reaching out. You may try checking the DJI Phantom 3 Standard download page ( https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-standard/info#downloads ) to see the most updated firmware for the DJI DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Thank you.

2022-9-26
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-26 20:25
Hello there djordan2. Good day and thank you for reaching out. You may try checking the DJI Phantom 3 Standard download page ( https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-standard/info#downloads ) to see the most updated firmware for the DJI DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I know about that web site and have already downloaded the firmware.  But I could not find a link to the firmware on the drone with the larger range.  I was wondering if that "+" at the end of the file meant anything special.  I just can't figure out what the repair shop did to the Drone that can go out more than 3,000 feet.  I wish I knew what the difference was.
2022-9-26
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
United States

Well I've done  about all I can think of to make this P3S go out farther. It flies so well as long as I stay under about 1,100 feet out.  If I go farther, I lose signal and the drone initiates "Return To Home".  It then comes back home just fine and lands on its own.  I tried a couple of different older firmware, but in the end I'm back with the latest.   So I packed it up and put it away for now.  I took my P3Pro out for a flight later on in the day.  That thing is amazing.  I took it out to 10,400 feet flawlessly.  Perfect video. I then got a low battery warning at 60%.  I guess it thought it needed that much to get back home.  I took a round-about way back home and still landed with 15 % battery.  It is such a joy to fly.  I've had my Mini2 out to 12,500 feet, but I didn't fly it that day.  These things are so much darn fun.
2022-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules