Can "Find My Drone" videos be downloaded?
1002 6 2022-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PandaCheese
lvl.2
Flight distance : 253986 ft
United States

The feature was great in helping me locate the drone in the woods, but the video clip leading up to the crash shown on the "Find My Drone" map display doesn't seem to be available through the album normally. Is there a way to retrieve it later?
2022-9-26
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

If the video was still recording when the drone turned off, that last file is probably corrupted. There are ways to possibly recover it if you search the interwebz.
2022-9-26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With the memory card that was used to record the original video actually in the drone, simply switching the drone on, letting it boot and then switching the drone off, may 'fix' a video that was corrupted by switching the drone off BEFORE the recording process was stopped. I have often caught myself doing the latter and then just switch the drone on and off before packing it away. I DO NOT know if this works if the video orcard has been fiddled with in between times......but it won't hurt to try.
2022-9-26
Use props
Spectral
lvl.2
Flight distance : 887874 ft
Canada

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 9-26 13:49
With the memory card that was used to record the original video actually in the drone, simply switching the drone on, letting it boot and then switching the drone off, may 'fix' a video that was corrupted by switching the drone off BEFORE the recording process was stopped. I have often caught myself doing the latter and then just switch the drone on and off before packing it away. I DO NOT know if this works if the video orcard has been fiddled with in between times......but it won't hurt to try.

I found a tool that will extract the majority of a corrupted MP4 file (corrupted due to not being closed properly mostly) that has worked for me in this situation.  It is called "untrunc" and is a very basic program that uses the header and footer information from a healthy reference MP4 video and packages that around the video contents of the corrupted file to make a watchable video.

See https://www.videohelp.com/software/MP4-Repair-untrunc-GUI

I downloaded the Github Windows 64 bit version, unzipped the file, scanned it for possible malware issues, and ran the untrunc-gui.exe file to do the repair.

Might help.

Don
2022-9-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Spectral Posted at 9-26 19:09
I found a tool that will extract the majority of a corrupted MP4 file (corrupted due to not being closed properly mostly) that has worked for me in this situation.  It is called "untrunc" and is a very basic program that uses the header and footer information from a healthy reference MP4 video and packages that around the video contents of the corrupted file to make a watchable video.

Thanks for sharing this Don.  
2022-9-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there PandaCheese. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. I am sorry to say that we are not able to download the "Find My Drone" videos on the DJI Fly application. Thank you.
2022-9-27
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Spectral Posted at 9-26 19:09

Don!!!  

You the man!

Very cool process.  Thank you for sharing!
2022-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules