Please add waypoints in DJI Fly app. DJI Mini 3 Pro RC
2022-9-26
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I second that. If they do you will still have to fly the route first, its DJI's way of implimenting way points on other models.
2022-9-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mini 3 Pro does support Hyperlapse on the DJI Fly app. Can you please confirm what feature request are you referring to on the post? Are you trying to ask for a specific function for the hyper-lapse? Please keep us posted so we can forward the correct request to our team. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-9-26
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-26 19:11
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mini 3 Pro does support Hyperlapse on the DJI Fly app. Can you please confirm what feature request are you referring to on the post? Are you trying to ask for a specific function for the hyper-lapse? Please keep us posted so we can forward the correct request to our team. Thank you for your valued support.

Waypoints not just for Hyperlapse. It SHOULD be available for ALL flights!!! Since it is already coded for the drones and the Fly app, it should be a simple matter to add the function, at least for the 2S, Mini 3 and Mavic 3.
2022-9-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-26 19:53
Waypoins not just for Hyperlapse. It SHOULD be available for ALL flights!!! Since it is already coded for the drones and the Fly app, it should be a simple matter to add the function, at least for the 2S, Mini 3 and Mavic 3.

Thank you for your response, MH. We already forward this request to our team and we haven't received any updates yet. We will surely keep you posted once we have the information. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-9-28
Use props
Martin Tulipano
lvl.1
Flight distance : 236480 ft
Uruguay

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-26 19:53
Waypoins not just for Hyperlapse. It SHOULD be available for ALL flights!!! Since it is already coded for the drones and the Fly app, it should be a simple matter to add the function, at least for the 2S, Mini 3 and Mavic 3.

Exactly. It would be nice to be able to have the waypoints for any type of flight. It is a very useful function when you want to take photos or videos of the same place at different times of the year (for example) or for other creative ideas (like a droneception).

Droneception example: https://www.skypixel.com/videos/demasiado-futbol?utm_source=copied&utm_medium=PCWeb&utm_campaign=share&sp=0
2022-9-29
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297126 ft
Netherlands

Would be nice to have.

Perhaps not the DJI way, but marking them on beforehand on a map (on the controller?) would be great.
So that you could just take off to the right hight, mark a POI or so and GO!
2022-9-30
Use props
freq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 256066 ft
Australia

Totally agree.  I've been taking a lot of topographic photos lately, would love to set, save and replay some waypoints and take photos on an interval during flight between the waypoints.  It would make it so much easier and give consistent results too.
2022-10-1
Use props
Darkpaw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 536896 ft
  • >>>
Canada

You can add me to this requester list for this, too.  Waypoints outside of hyperlapse would be very useful, and it seems like it would be easy to enable it.
2022-10-6
Use props
TinchoT
lvl.1
Uruguay

Yes! It is also a very useful function, not only for hyperlapse, but also for making normal videos. Sometimes we are alone in a place and making a video without having to focus track and without having to handle the control is impossible.
2022-10-6
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Yup, would love to have waypoints included not just for Hyperlapse use.
2022-10-8
Use props
Select_Wes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1309695 ft
United States

Another +1 here.  I have several ideas that will require nearly exact flight paths with varying camera angles that I will only be able to accomplish with waypoints.
Thank you, DJI for making such a wonderful drone.  Now, let's make it better.
2022-10-9
Use props
fans2f95fde2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10823 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-28 02:51
Thank you for your response, MH. We already forward this request to our team and we haven't received any updates yet. We will surely keep you posted once we have the information. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Waypoints 2.0 should be included , i have no idea why this is not yet available?
2022-10-20
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2092244 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

100% we need them please !
2022-10-20
Use props
Ross14
lvl.4
Czechia

I would use it too !
2022-10-20
Use props
LucaBos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12602 ft
Italy

Absolutely +1 to this feature! I understand there might be marketing reasoning behind the decision not to add it, but come on, DJI! You will mostly end up having less satisfied customers that won't buy an enterprise-level drone anyway, and enterprise-level customer would still buy enterprise-level drones, and not this one, even if it had this feature.
2022-10-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 For waypoints.  
2022-10-21
Use props
Tuxtard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

6xr7uh.jpg
2022-10-21
Use props
ElleKN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755669 ft
Germany

Thanks for that picture. really funny.

And of course: waypoints would be a really good option to use sometimes with this great drone!
2022-10-21
Use props
TinchoT
lvl.1
Uruguay

LucaBos Posted at 10-21 04:20
Absolutely +1 to this feature! I understand there might be marketing reasoning behind the decision not to add it, but come on, DJI! You will mostly end up having less satisfied customers that won't buy an enterprise-level drone anyway, and enterprise-level customer would still buy enterprise-level drones, and not this one, even if it had this feature.

I think that while there is a marketing rationale behind the decision not to add it,
anyway the function could be added in this drone at least limited. I totally agree with everything you say. But DJI, how about adding the waypoint function limited to 10 points (for example)? In this way you satisfy all clients, recreational and enterprise-level, since 10 waypoints are not enough for a professional job (I think)
2022-10-21
Use props
Drone.Hunter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

TinchoT Posted at 10-21 05:52
I think that while there is a marketing rationale behind the decision not to add it,
anyway the function could be added in this drone at least limited. I totally agree with everything you say. But DJI, how about adding the waypoint function limited to 10 points (for example)? In this way you satisfy all clients, recreational and enterprise-level, since 10 waypoints are not enough for a professional job (I think)

This is the PRO version
2022-10-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans2f95fde2 Posted at 10-20 10:28
Waypoints 2.0 should be included , i have no idea why this is not yet available?

Thank you for your response.  I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the engineers' evaluation, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-22
Use props
fans2f95fde2
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I really want to purchase the mini 3 pro, however without waypoints for a pro model I will be waiting until this feature is available.
2022-10-23
Use props
fans2f95fde2
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I really want to purchase the mini 3 pro, however without waypoints for a pro model I will be waiting until this feature is available.
2022-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules