Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal starts tilting upwards when moving left to right on Landsc..
1155 6 2022-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans19d6cad7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110663 ft
United States

Hi,

I have recently gotten Osmo Mobile 6 and was wondering if anyone is experiencing an issue where the gimbal starts to automatically tilt slightly upwards over time on landscape mode when moving the Osmo Mobile 6 left to right? I have to always press the trigger to recenter the gimbal. Is this normal? I have updated the firmware and I was using Iphone 13 pro max with a transparent case which weighs 1.3oz (approx 36.9 grams), the phone weighing 8.4oz (238.14 grams), and grand total of 9.7oz (275.04grams). Is there a fix to this solution or is this a defect?

2022-9-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to perform the gimbal calibration to see if the issue persists? In addition, could you please provide us with short video footage showing the issue for us to check it here on our end? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-9-26
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Is your phone in a protective case? If so, remove the case; it can cause an imbalance.
2022-9-27
Use props
dlimbizkit
lvl.1
United States

Curt1591 Posted at 9-27 14:56
Is your phone in a protective case? If so, remove the case; it can cause an imbalance.

The max weight on the Osmo Mobile 6 is 290gram. So, it should still work perfectly fine. I asked a DJI rep, and they said that's normal. So, I'm... wondering if that is true.

Phone Specification from DJI for Osmo Mobile 6

Phone Specification from DJI for Osmo Mobile 6
2022-9-27
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

dlimbizkit Posted at 9-27 15:56
The max weight on the Osmo Mobile 6 is 290gram. So, it should still work perfectly fine. I asked a DJI rep, and they said that's normal. So, I'm... wondering if that is true.

[view_image]

I had the original Osmo Mobile. I had the same problem the OP is having. I took off the cover and the problem went away.
My problem wasn't the weight; it was the imbalance the case caused.

With the new "curved" phone mount, who knows?

"I asked a DJI rep, and they said that's normal."
Interesting that a wandering gimbal is "normal" on a video stabilizing device.

Maybe "common" might be a better term.

2022-9-27
Use props
bheiser10
lvl.2
Flight distance : 658015 ft
United States

@fans19d6cad7 did you find a solution to this?
2022-10-5
Use props
dlimbizkit
lvl.1
United States

bheiser10 Posted at 10-5 06:58
@fans19d6cad7 did you find a solution to this?

I have tried the calibration method and it seems to work. But I'm going to do more test to see if the problem still persist.
2022-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules