Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No power to camera
867 4 2022-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
A_Urquhart
lvl.1
Australia

DJi really dropped the ball by removing the 12v ports that the original Ronin S had.
With the ronin s, I could power the camera and a focus motor directly with the 12v ports on the gimbal. No can do with RS3 pro (or the RS2 for that matter).

What a huge backward step by DJI…..why remove this?
When mounted to a car rig or Tilta float or any system where the RS3 is being powered via an external power source such as a Vmount battery, it makes sense to power the camera via the same power source.
I really wonder how smart DJi engineers are or how in touch with the shooters needs they are to take this feature away.
Now, we have to power the camera via internal battery. On the 6k pro, I can’t access the battery compartment when mounted to the RS3 Pro. When mounted on a car mount or jib, I now have to get out to to change the camera battery separately despite the ronin getting constant power.
Seriously DJi, get your act together!
2022-9-26
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

since the battery life of the ronin-S has dropped from 10h to less than 2h when using the BMPCC4K, this has been eliminated from the subsequent devices.
and with the 6K and 6Kpro the current consumption has increased again by 30%, the battery would last only 1h.

a good solution in your case would be the tilta solution:

https://tilta.com/shop/battery-p ... -through-plate-kit/

where the RS3 would need an adapted version of it
2022-9-26
Use props
A_Urquhart
lvl.1
Australia

Adding a v lock battery under the camera is a terrible solution. Adds weight exactly where you don’t want it.

I use the power base to power my Ronin S gimbal with a Vlock so the capacity of the built in battery is not relevant.

It’s just a very bad decision by dji
2022-9-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there.
We are sorry for your inconvenience.
We will forward your feedback to the relevant team and see how we can do better.
Thank you for your feedback again.
If there is anything else that we can help with, please just let us know.
2022-9-28
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

A_Urquhart Posted at 9-26 22:49
Adding a v lock battery under the camera is a terrible solution. Adds weight exactly where you don’t want it.

I use the power base to power my Ronin S gimbal with a Vlock so the capacity of the built in battery is not relevant.

it is not a must to mount the v-mount battery (and i am talking about small 48Ah versions)
on the gimbal especially when mounting on a car.
here is the the small power supply base plate the better solution:
https://tilta.com/shop/power-supply-base-plate-for-dji-ronin/

but even with manual operation you can lay the cable through this tilta pass though plate so that
no influence is taken into the gimbal (which would always be the case with direct connection
to the camera).
2022-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules