Invert the Controls
5245 36 2022-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoeyTimmann
New

Switzerland

Does anyone have a solution for inverting the controls? If you are coming from years of gaming where you fly a inverted mode it's almost impossible to delete this musscle memory. I checked different forums but haven't found an answer yet. After some hours in the simulator i'm still not able to get used to the non inverted controls at all.

would be so grateful for your help or maybe a software update to get this one fixed.

Cheers
Joey
2022-9-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the engineers' evaluation, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-9-27
Use props
Vagoulas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1303901 ft
Greece

Same problem for me
2022-10-16
Use props
djiuser_4qAPUx6tF66r
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Same.  Ruins my shots and has put me in danger of crashing a couple of times.  I can't just get new muscle memory specifically for this because I still play flying games.  Just let us invert any axis we want and assign any axis to any control.  We just want to fly how we enjoy flying.
2022-11-3
Use props
djiuser_luu8x37PS7Rq
lvl.1

New Zealand

Same here! Please provide this update guys, it would be an amazing for many users
2022-11-29
Use props
paulc85
lvl.1
Italy

Same for me. I can't fly in M mode with the choices 1/2/3. Need a custom mode. Thanks.
2022-12-7
Use props
yensysl1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 491699 ft
  • >>>
United States

jumping in on all of the stick control invert threads til hear something lol.. cant believe they are not doing anything about this
2022-12-31
Use props
djiuser_3AgBhLoxch7R
New
Flight distance : 209754 ft
Switzerland

Same here i fly the dji fpv and as a RC helicopter pilot im used to pull on the right stick to climbe woould love to see custom mode for the fpv any time soon.
2023-1-16
Use props
2wheeledphotog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3432372 ft
United States

I'm a little confused by this, as a fellow gamer, as I would consider FPV controls already "inverted," where back stick = pitch up and front stick = pitch down, just like flight controls. Typically, FPS and other games default to "stick up = look up," and then you have the option to invert them to be "stick up = look down."
2023-1-17
Use props
2wheeledphotog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3432372 ft
United States

djiuser_3AgBhLoxch7R Posted at 1-16 12:45
Same here i fly the dji fpv and as a RC helicopter pilot im used to pull on the right stick to climbe woould love to see custom mode for the fpv any time soon.

Pulling on the right stick is "climb" already though? I mean, it's a rotor aircraft, but pitching back is how you level the rotors to create more direct downforce to climb.
2023-1-17
Use props
freedom2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 519747 ft
France

Hi there,
If you are from the RC world, then this simple DIY solution may help : https://hackaday.io/project/1886 ... -rc-radio-interface

Or even this one (simpler if you have 3.3V radio) : https://hackaday.io/project/1886 ... interface-33v-logic

But works only with the simulator...
2023-1-17
Use props
roviraleix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 272982 ft
Spain

The only thing I found it could help it this one:

Tearing apart your controller and switch the magnet orientation...

I dont understant why DJI does not provide a solution for a problem that so many people have! I'm so angry about that
2023-1-30
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

I don't need this, but.....

this is SUPER easy to implement for DJI....
and a lot of users are asking for it!
2023-1-30
Use props
roviraleix
lvl.2
Spain

There is also a change.org opened from another user:

https://chng.it/GZQR55tdvV

and also a lot of posts and people requesting this feature since 2 years ago already..

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=238478
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=212833
2023-2-1
Use props
djiuser_xQ3GFUZg0oU0
New

Poland

Same for me, years of, ace combat and now I cannot use any mode to fly naturally...
2023-2-17
Use props
Vollgaspilot74
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1864 ft
Germany

It's really hard to understand, why DJI didn't implement this small software change. I'm a software developer and I can tell you, it's really only a small change in their DJI software.
This topic is still relevant since 2019 and nothing happens from DJI.
2023-5-18
Use props
Ben_McE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 815587 ft
Germany

This is the only thing holding me back from buying one
2023-5-19
Use props
djiuser_y5Oo2UJdVTz6
New

United States

DJI is literally trash for not having the option for this. I play games and stream, how am I supposed to just constantly change my muscle memory when I've been playing this way for years? DJI come on. I spend $1500 and you're telling me I have to take my controller apart when you could easily just implement a "invert stick" option????
2023-7-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_y5Oo2UJdVTz6 Posted at 7-14 17:51
DJI is literally trash for not having the option for this. I play games and stream, how am I supposed to just constantly change my muscle memory when I've been playing this way for years? DJI come on. I spend $1500 and you're telling me I have to take my controller apart when you could easily just implement a "invert stick" option????

Sorry for the inconvenience. Rest assured this has been already raised to our designated team. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Please check dji.com for the latest news and update. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-17
Use props
Justin Breed
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2228 ft

United States

Still nothing on this almost a year later? Should be a very easy change in software. I guess I'll have to rip apart my controller...
2023-7-21
Use props
Tudor Troanca
New

Romania

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-9-27 21:23
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the engineers' evaluation, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Well please implement it faster. I trained over 15h in simulators to find out controlls are invertet and i cand change anything about that.
2023-7-27
Use props
ROBFOX
New

Canada

Maybe this could help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kDsP_xksvY&t=120s
2023-7-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Tudor Troanca Posted at 7-27 08:38
Well please implement it faster. I trained over 15h in simulators to find out controlls are invertet and i cand change anything about that.

Hi there. Thank you for your response. We acknowledge that we have received the same concerns and suggestions from other DJI Pilots before. What we will do is continue to record such feedback and ensure that it reaches our related team. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated
2023-7-30
Use props
beurge
New

France

Hello DJI,

I'm french speeker.
I'm very happy that i'm not alone in this situation. It's quite strange this setting is still not implemented, or even by default in the software.
DJI Please raise this to you change advisory board asap. it's a minor change with no security impact...

I am still waiting for this change before my first IRL flight...

Thank you in advance.
Beurge
2023-7-31
Use props
HopWorks
lvl.1
United States

Has this been fixed? I had a heck of a time flying over the last week. I tilted the camera up when I wanted to go down, I went up (AND DOWN!!!) when I wanted to do the opposite. I get the difference in going left and right based on the orientation of the drone, but my videos are riddled with pan down when I want to go up, so I have that short pan down then back up that I have to constantly edit in Premiere Pro. It's VERY irritating!!! I do not want to have to rewrite that muscle memory in my head after decades of being built from flight simulators.
I realize this is an old thread. But my google searches turned up empty on how to invert specific axis control. If it hasn't been fixed, WHY? If it has, what am I missing?
THANKS!!!!
EDIT: I just did another googe search and a fix involves voiding the warranty by taking the RC controller apart. How hard can it be to add a check box control to the controls configuration editor to allow axis to be inverted? Games do it. Every game I have ever played where flying was involved has it.
2023-8-4
Use props
schwanke78
New
Flight distance : 22260 ft

United States

Agreed I am use to flying sims and use to the inverted stick setup, it would be an easy fix for the devs to implement.
2023-8-15
Use props
DroneLadz
New
United States

The fact that this feature has been requested SO often and for SO long (2+ YEARS!!!) , despite the odd pop up from DJI representatives saying effectively "We've noted the problem and passed it onto 'the team'" I have zero confidence this will be sorted out any time soon. The Mini 3 drone is superb but this failure renders the drone virtually unusable for a great number of us users. I have the RC controller and have genuinely thought about tearing it open to do the magnet flip despite it being expensive and fairly new. If I'd know about the lack of pitch invert I certainly wouldn't have bought the drone to be honest.
2023-8-16
Use props
roviraleix
lvl.2
Spain

I cannot understand how DJI is doing nothing about it.. this is being requested since the first DJI FPV. I think we at least deserve an explanation if this can not be implemented (even it is possible in other DJI drones). There are a lot of users that can't fly their drones in manual and other future customers that are not buying your FPV products because they know that they won't be able to customize the sticks...
2023-8-23
Use props
djiuser_XH4fMIh0adL7
lvl.1
Germany

Already ordered the Explorer Combo with Integra and now i found out this issue. Yes, i'm disappointed, but also i could have check this out first.
I can't unverstand why DJI didn't implemented it yet!
Going out flying without worries won't be possible after my Combo has arrived. I have to go back to the Simulator for hours first. I like challenges, but wish not having this one!
2023-9-3
Use props
daugie
lvl.1

United States

This is needed yesterday
1-17 09:35
Use props
daugie
lvl.1

United States

roviraleix Posted at 2023-1-30 01:08
The only thing I found it could help it this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVTgqZ2pBhI

I found this too, the last thing I'm gonna do is tear apart my sticks for something DJI should accomodate for.
1-17 09:36
Use props
djiuser_ik412ibPHRZ7
New

Thailand

Same for me , after many years of gaming this is the only comfortable way for me to fly any drone or RC aircraft.

It would be an absolute game changer if they could resolve this issue.
3-12 06:56
Use props
DronardoUAS
lvl.2

Spain

This way of ignoring their loyal customers is simply shameful. I have purchased dozens of DJI products and have experienced this disdainful treatment of customers on several occasions.
DJI ignores its customers and this will gradually lead us to other companies that are more serious in their software support.
It's no use having great hardware if you then have software that lacks the most basic things and that practically doesn't evolve.
It is obvious that DJI is taking example from companies like Apple that also have very good products but do NOT listen to the customer and consciously limit their products to sell you the "new" generation of products every year.
I really hope to have an alternative company for this type of products soon. Perhaps this will be the only way DJI will be forced to change this disastrous support policy.
3-16 04:20
Use props
im333
New

Canada

Registered just to echo the sentiments here.

New Mini 4 Pro user and the first thing I wanted to do is invert 2 controls:

1. The gimbal up/down
2. Left stick horizontal control.

You've managed to create a feat of modern engineering; how hard is to code basic software to invert two movements?  The custom controller options are useless.

3-31 13:08
Use props
Ed Lohr
lvl.1

United States

Still waiting for the up/down invert feature.
4-7 06:23
Use props
djiuser_KMvrhxwiKSS3
New

Sweden

Are you ever fixing this or should I just return this junk?
4-11 03:32
Use props
EG52
lvl.1

United States

Hello everyone, I went ahead and made a in depth video of how to take apart the remote controller 2 to invert the throttle and pitch controls. The only other video on youtube does a terrible job explaining the process and doesnt show step by step. Its not a high quality production but I hope it helps some of you! Step by step invert controller fix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxEbhOioJAM
4-15 11:57
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules