DJI Mavic 3E Camera Internal Parameter Calibration(9/27/2022)
4495 7 2022-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

1. Collecting Calibration Data
  • It is recommended to calibrate in areas with large elevation differences such as buildings or hillsides.
  • Set check points and check the result after calibration (optional)
  • Use smart oblique capture or oblique mission (five routes) to plan the mission.Parameter requirements: The collected images should be more than 100, the forward overlap rate should be no less than 80%, and the side overlap should be no less than 70%, the oblique image accounts for not less than 2/3, and there is no limit for flight altitude.
  • Turn on RTK and take off after RTK FIX.

2. Modeling   
  • Use DJI Terra v3.5.0 and above version to create a 3D reconstruction mission and start modeling.

3. Calibration
  • After modeling is completed, open the folder, find the sfm_report.json file in the AT-report directory, and copy it to the camera’s microSD card.
  • Make sure that the aircraft is not connected to the computer. Insert the microSD card into the Mavic 3E aircraft, and power it on. Then the camera will automatically write the internal parameters after calibration.

4. Verifying
  • After the aircraft is powered on for 2 minutes, remove the microSD card, and check whether there is dewarp_update.log generated under the root directory of the microSD card. If yes, it can be determined that the internal parameter calibration is successful.

1664284149119.jpg
1664284163245.jpg

• Or take a picture, open it with Notepad, and search for XMP. If you can find DewarpData, it means that internal parameter calibration is successful.

1664284181650.jpg

Notes:
  • If the camera internal parameter calibration fails, please update the aircraft firmware to the latest version and insert the microSD card with sfm_report.json file to the aircraft again.
  • If the camera internal parameter calibration fails multiple times, please contact DJI Support.

2022-9-27
Use props
Frontliner 2020
Second Officer
Philippines

thanks for these info dji...
2022-9-27
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting....
2022-9-30
Use props
TerrainDrop
lvl.2

United States

TerrainDrop supports the M3E and is an interesting tool for verifying overlap with just a click, even in uneven terrain, without the need for lengthy processing.  

The 80/70 overlap they are suggesting corresponds to about 16-18 looks at everything in the coverage area. A single click in TerrainDrop shows how many images are available at any location.

This example shows only 8X coverage:

While this example shows 21X coverage:

2022-10-4
Use props
swigmofa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3258543 ft
  • >>>
United States

In what situations is this required and what happens when you do not have access to DJI Terra?
2022-11-15
Use props
Graeme Dimsey
New

Australia

Hi I have a DJI v4 pro it’s asking me to calibrate camera I have a Mac but don’t have appropriate cord to connect drone to the Mac. I’m not near a shop to buy one at this stage. Is there any way I can either do the update via blue tooth or perhaps cancel the calibration so I can use it for now and update later on a pc or Mac with appropriate connecting cord?
2023-5-20
Use props
Graeme Dimsey
New

Australia

Hi I have a DJI v4 pro it’s asking me to calibrate camera I have a Mac but don’t have appropriate cord to connect drone to the Mac. I’m not near a shop to buy one at this stage. Is there any way I can either do the update via blue tooth or perhaps cancel the calibration so I can use it for now and update later on a pc or Mac with appropriate connecting cord?
2023-5-20
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Graeme Dimsey Posted at 5-20 16:39

You should probably post this in the right part of the forum.  This thread was created by DJI for owners of the 3E with specific guidance.  Suggest posting in the right Mavic section.
2023-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules