1018 8 2022-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
YoulluPukki
lvl.2
Flight distance : 346972 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Happened just now. Midflight in ACRO mode it's just lost signal from rc and stopped (lost signal set to hover) and hovered. Turning on and off rc2 not helped. Have to use my acrobatic skills so I managed to grab AVATA and turn over it to stop. So in the end nothing actually helped to restore connection until I did binding procedure again.

That's how I got my trust issue now. Next time will bring my Motion controller as backup.

Be careful.
2022-9-27
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

Wow, now I wonder if all the sudden crashes using the RC 2 are because it's disconnecting, hmmmm..... Thanks for this bit of information. Now I'll bring my MC as well for backup.
2022-9-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there YoulluPukki. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you have received any error message or error codes on the DJI Fly application when this happened and may we also please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? Thank you.
2022-9-27
Use props
YoulluPukki
lvl.2
  • >>>
Russia

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-27 19:29
Hello there YoulluPukki. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you have received any error message or error codes on the DJI Fly application when this happened and may we also please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? Thank you.

No I didn't received any messages and I don't use dji fly app and mobile device in flights. Signal from rc2 just disappeared and AVATA hovered. RC signal strength bar become gray and that's it. Both Avata and rc2 have newest firmwares.
2022-9-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Curious - I had this happen to me with the Mini 3 once,  it went into RTH and then hovered as it couldn't land I like you I had to grab and flip it.  
2022-9-28
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

What happens if this happens and it is 30' in the air?
- Wait for battery to die and rth to kick in while you sing "fly away?"   Does rth even work in manual?

2022-9-28
Use props
YoulluPukki
lvl.2
  • >>>
Turkey

Bob Brown Posted at 9-28 03:06
What happens if this happens and it is 30' in the air?
- Wait for battery to die and rth to kick in while you sing "fly away?"   Does rth even work in manual?

Well, I hope my MC (now have to bring it on with me) will help me to return the drone back to land. Hope is all I have ))

Also I hope when RC2 accidentally unbinded, MC still able to connect to the drone. Setting signal lost behaviour to hover helped me a lot with that.
2022-9-28
Use props
djiuser_UgiwBHl4TLme
New

United Kingdom

This has just happened to me was flying avata with rc motion controller (1st one) was flying fine no issues no wind have flown this for ages with no crashes. The avata went into hover from sport mode and I could not get control again, I turned  motion controller off and on still couldn’t control it then finally auto landed. I then switched off and powered back on then was fine again. I had no warnings or error messages this has now some what made me loose my confidence in flying this drone. I have a phantom and also a mini 3 with no issues. Any ideas DJI not liking this at the moment
2023-8-23
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_UgiwBHl4TLme Posted at 8-23 10:58
This has just happened to me was flying avata with rc motion controller (1st one) was flying fine no issues no wind have flown this for ages with no crashes. The avata went into hover from sport mode and I could not get control again, I turned  motion controller off and on still couldn’t control it then finally auto landed. I then switched off and powered back on then was fine again. I had no warnings or error messages this has now some what made me loose my confidence in flying this drone. I have a phantom and also a mini 3 with no issues. Any ideas DJI not liking this at the moment

It happens.  I would give it a few more weeks of not having disconnects and you'll be right back where you need to be, confidence-wise.  The drone did what it supposed to do which is freeze when something blocks the connection.  If you are flying and you drop your remote in the lake, guess what?  I've had my Avata do this maybe twice in 5 months where it suddenly and unexpected disconnected and it startled me briefly but I regained control.  Just make sure your signal is good and your care refresh is paid up and keep on flying is all you can do.
2023-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules