2768 22 2022-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

I see the new m3 enterprise has a plastic snap on gimbal cover/lock, not the wrap around bdsm muzzle style. Will this cover be compatible with the standard m3?
2022-9-27
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same camera except for the rolling shutter so I don't see why not?
2022-9-27
Use props
Lucas626
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

You said it did earlier then you come here and ask?
2022-9-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this with our designated team for further clarification. We will surely keep you posted once we have the needed information Thank you for your valued support.
2022-9-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Hello. Thank you for patiently waiting. I was able to coordinate this query with our team. We do not suggest using the gimbal protector of the DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise on the DJI Mavic 3 consumer drone. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-9-27
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-27 23:07
Hello. Thank you for patiently waiting. I was able to coordinate this query with our team. We do not suggest using the gimbal protector of the DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise on the DJI Mavic 3 consumer drone. Thank you for your understanding and support.
Why is it not advisable?
2022-9-28
Use props
jerryway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4031483 ft
United States

TruGreen Posted at 9-28 05:24
Why is it not advisable?

I asked the same question in DJI's user forum in China. And I received a more detailed official reply.

The gimbal cover/lock for the new Mavic 3 Enterprise editions (3E/3T) is compatible with the regular Mavic 3. It actually solved a big problem associated with the original gimbal cover for Mavic 3. The new cover now locks the gimbal in place, thus providing full protection. If you pay close attention, the original gimbal cover for Mavic 3 does NOT lock the gimbal in place, it relies on the gimbal lock to do that. When gimbal lock gets loose, which happens a lot unfortunately, the gimbal moves around freely inside the cover and bumps against the folded arms, gets scratched easily.

The TRUE reason DJI does not suggest using the new gimbal cover/lock with the regular Mavic 3 is because the new cover only protects the camera, gimbal and front-facing sensor. It does not protect downward-facing sensor and the fisheye sensor facing backwards. The new Mavic 3 Enterprise editions (3E/3T) come with a protector case (see attached photo), effectively protecting both sensors. The original Mavic 3 does not ship with such a case.

However, you can use a combination of the new gimbal cover/lock with a 3rd party propeller-holder to achieve the same protection. If you already have a decent case of your own, then you don't need propeller-holder at all. The new gimbal cover is all you need. So this does give you another lightweight, more convenient option to store and transport your Mavic 3.

2022-9-30
Use props
Lucas626
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Why is it not advisable?

Told ya!
2022-9-30
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jerryway Posted at 9-30 09:57
I asked the same question in DJI's user forum in China. And I received a more detailed official reply.

The gimbal cover/lock for the new Mavic 3 Enterprise editions (3E/3T) is compatible with the regular Mavic 3. It actually solved a big problem associated with the original gimbal cover for Mavic 3. The new cover now locks the gimbal in place, thus providing full protection. If you pay close attention, the original gimbal cover for Mavic 3 does NOT lock the gimbal in place, it relies on the gimbal lock to do that. When gimbal lock gets loose, which happens a lot unfortunately, the gimbal moves around freely inside the cover and bumps against the folded arms, gets scratched easily.

I already have a gpc hard case so dont really need the props held in place
2022-9-30
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lucas626 Posted at 9-30 21:10
Told ya!

See the comment right before yours
2022-9-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Why is it not advisable?

Kindly please refer to Jerryway statement on post #7, TruGreen. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-1
Use props
DaveteaUK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8852 ft
United Kingdom

Flormo2002 Posted at 9-27 19:18
Same camera except for the rolling shutter so I don't see why not?

The camera module is a completely different shape, so it will probably not fit.

Why can't I delete my post???

2022-10-1
Use props
DaveteaUK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8852 ft
United Kingdom

jerryway Posted at 9-30 09:57

The gimbal cover/lock for the new Mavic 3 Enterprise editions (3E/3T) is compatible with the regular Mavic 3. It actually solved a big problem associated with the original gimbal cover for Mavic 3. The new cover now locks the gimbal in place, thus providing full protection. If you pay close attention, the original gimbal cover for Mavic 3 does NOT lock the gimbal in place, it relies on the gimbal lock to do that. When gimbal lock gets loose, which happens a lot unfortunately, the gimbal moves around freely inside the cover and bumps against the folded arms, gets scratched easily.

Jerryway - where can one buy that lighweight case/bag you're showing here? It look like just what I need, as that HUGE oversized and unnecessary bag that comes with the Fly More Combo is so heavy, when EMPTY!
DJI - you shoulkd make that bag so that the backpack straps and cover part are removeable, as that part seems to be where all the weight is. It a really good quality bag, yes, but most will not need/want such a large 'convertable' bag. Give us something compact like the one with the Air 2S, which is really good.
Thanks in advance
2022-10-1
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DaveteaUK Posted at 10-1 23:46
The camera module is a completely different shape, so it will probably not fit.

Why can't I delete my post???

on the M3 T yes the camera is different, but if you look the M3 E it appears the same camera as the standard M3
2022-10-2
Use props
Lucas626
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

It was not not meant for it.
2022-10-2
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lucas626 Posted at 10-2 08:41
It was not not meant for it.

Guess well wait and see
2022-10-2
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I'd also be willing to trade someone with a M3 enterprise my wrap around style for theirs if they wanted
2022-10-2
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-1 03:19
Kindly please refer to Jerryway statement on post #7, TruGreen. Thank you for your understanding and support.

hey off topic but how long before my point redemption is approved? i submitted 9-18-2022 and the thing says the first working day of every month they are checked. well the first working day was yesterday and my points still says "auditing"
2022-10-4
Use props
Lucas626
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 10-2 09:42
I'd also be willing to trade someone with a M3 enterprise my wrap around style for theirs if they wanted

Who would do such a thing?
2022-10-8
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lucas626 Posted at 10-8 13:32
Who would do such a thing?

Never know. Someone might want to
2022-10-8
Use props
Lucas626
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 10-8 13:46
Never know. Someone might want to

I'll buy you one if you give me your new battery.
2022-10-8
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lucas626 Posted at 10-8 16:05
I'll buy you one if you give me your new battery.

Buy me whole enterprise drone for a battery... Deal
2022-10-8
Use props
Lucas626
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 10-8 17:15
Buy me whole enterprise drone for a battery... Deal

All you need is a Tello
2022-10-8