2343 10 2022-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJ Wright
lvl.3
Flight distance : 162244 ft
  • >>>
United States

When flying each of my Air 2S',  the newest version of DJI Fly  keeps crashing on my two controllers. When flying, i get a pop-up window stating app has stopped, with options to 'wait' or 'close'. On my Smart Controller, window and functions seem to keep working. However, on my RC Pro, the pop-up comes up and seconds later the screen goes black and app restarts, and repeats. Thank goodness I could still control the Air 2s with no app running, and flying VLOS, I was able to guide it back to a safe landing. Have since reset both controllers to factory, and rolled back the DJI Fly versions.

2022-9-27
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Fly 1.7.0 is stable. i had to revert to that.
2022-9-27
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same as @Mobilehomer

DJI needs to fix their app.
2022-9-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JJ Wright. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. This matter will be forwarded to the designated DJI Department for attention. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-9-27
Use props
JJ Wright
lvl.3
Flight distance : 162244 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-27 19:33
Hello there JJ Wright. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. This matter will be forwarded to the designated DJI Department for attention. Again, I am sorry and thank you.

Just glad I had my 2S in sight. Can imagine the outcome if I'd flown BVLOS or at night. Because the screen was black and app starting and restarting  over and over, wasn't sure if the RTH button would work or not. It's just sad that I spent thousands of dollars just to be a beta-tester for DJI.
2022-9-28
Use props
Johnnothesea
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6414905 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Same issue with MAvic 3 Cine and RC Pro. Researched a temporary fix  to toggle off AirSense. Does stop app crashing but concerned about no AirSense
2022-9-28
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

JJ Wright Posted at 9-28 05:15
Just glad I had my 2S in sight. Can imagine the outcome if I'd flown BVLOS or at night. Because the screen was black and app starting and restarting  over and over, wasn't sure if the RTH button would work or not. It's just sad that I spent thousands of dollars just to be a beta-tester for DJI.

2022-9-29
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Johnnothesea Posted at 9-28 23:15
Same issue with MAvic 3 Cine and RC Pro. Researched a temporary fix  to toggle off AirSense. Does stop app crashing but concerned about no AirSense

Go into controller settings/apps/Fly tap three dots in top right corner. Uninstall updates. Download 1.7.0 and install it. Everything will be good.
2022-9-29
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alternatively, you can turn off air sense.  Then the crash doesn't happen.
2022-9-29
Use props
fansd17af852
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1590955 ft
  • >>>
United States

Man I hope that works.  I was trying to confirm my location by checking it on the map, but every time I would hit the radar display to launch the map, the app would crash.
Why DJI? Why? I am flying the Mavic 3 Cine with the pro controller and although it all cost a fortune, I absolutely love it. I am also flying with more confidence then I have in 7 years and 10 drones including the inspire 2 (which I sold to buy the Cine). Again I love this aerial package, but the map crashing the app was a bit unnerving.
PLEASE FIX THIS DJI. I want to go back to confident again!
2022-10-2
Use props
O-zone23
New

Italy

I'm having the same issue. Fortunately I was flying in VLOS too. How did you manage to fix it?
2023-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules