Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Replacement for Swollen Battery
3144 21 2022-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ann JS
lvl.1

United States

The battery which was included in the brand new Mini 2 that I received three days ago seems to be swollen and mis-shapen?
I found it very difficult to remove from the body of the Drone when I came to insert my second battery.
This second battery (which I bought from B&H) slips into the Drone smoothly and easily.

I do have a case number for a Product Return.

However, DJI indicate that the Mini 2 (and all the items shipped with the Drone) should be returned to their Service Centre.

However, I want to return only the swollen mis-shapen battery to you because the rest of the Mini 2 equipment is fine and I can use it with the second battery while I await a replacement battery.

Please can you arrange for me to return only the battery to DJI?

2022-9-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. You may coordinate this request directly to our designated team by informing them that you only need to send 1 battery for the replacement request. Further information will be discussed via email once you already got in touch with them. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-9-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. If you only want to replace the battery, you don't need to send back other items. Since you mentioned the battery has been swollen, we would not recommend user send back the battery out of safety.  Would you please take a photo or record a video showing the below operations? Please send the photo or video back for our confirmation. Thanks

(1) Put a battery on a flat table. Slightly touch the battery.

(2) Place a ruler or hard card on a battery cell for comparison.

(3) Slightly press the battery cell position.

Note: Battery cell position means the side of  Serial Number. Please show the SN in the video and photos, and make sure it is clear enough for us to check.
2022-9-27
Use props
Ann JS
lvl.1

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-27 20:22
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. If you only want to replace the battery, you don't need to send back other items. Since you mentioned the battery has been swollen, we would not recommend user send back the battery out of safety.  Would you please take a photo or record a video showing the below operations? Please send the photo or video back for our confirmation. Thanks

(1) Put a battery on a flat table. Slightly touch the battery.

This movie is rather jittery but I hope that I have followed your instructions correctly and that this Movie is what you are looking for?

/Users/ann_/Downloads/IMG_0422.MOV
2022-9-28
Use props
Ann JS
lvl.1

United States

Unfortunately the Movie won't Upload to your Server. It may be too large (39 MB)?
I will try to edit it and make it smaller
2022-9-28
Use props
Ann JS
lvl.1

United States

Ann JS Posted at 9-28 12:12
Unfortunately the Movie won't Upload to your Server. It may be too large (39 MB)?
I will try to edit it and make it smaller

See if this works?
2022-9-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Ann JS Posted at 9-28 12:46
See if this works?

Hi, Ann JS. Thank you for your cooperation. You may kindly try upload the file to google drive or dropbox then send the link here. We'll help you verify and check the concern for you. Thank you.
2022-9-28
Use props
Ann JS
lvl.1

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 9-28 15:48
Hi, Ann JS. Thank you for your cooperation. You may kindly try upload the file to google drive or dropbox then send the link here. We'll help you verify and check the concern for you. Thank you.
Diane:
Thank you for your help.

This is the Link to Dropbox and my video: IMG_0422_1.mp4.mov
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bx0ab33rudupnbd/IMG_0422_1.mp4?dl=0

I foolishly tried to reinsertthe battery into the drone; and then remove the battery: It still sticks solidly and and can only be pried-out using a screwdriver blade.

Obviously, that is unacceptable!

2022-9-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Ann JS Posted at 9-28 17:59
Diane:
Thank you for your help.

We just check your video.  It just has one pciture. Will you be able to re-upload a full and complete video?
2022-9-28
Use props
Ann JS
lvl.1

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-28 18:37
We just check your video.  It just has one pciture. Will you be able to re-upload a full and complete video?

In what format do you need it?

This movie is .MOV which plays in Quicktime Player
I also have an unedited .MP4

Unfortunately, this battery is no good as it does not remove easily so I plan to return it for replacement anyway.
2022-9-28
Use props
Ann JS
lvl.1

United States

Ann JS Posted at 9-28 19:11
In what format do you need it?

This movie is .MOV which plays in Quicktime Player

Try this Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mb7n9u421utbry6/IMG_0422%202.MOV?dl=0
2022-9-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Ann JS Posted at 9-28 19:25
Try this Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mb7n9u421utbry6/IMG_0422%202.MOV?dl=0

Sorry but actually we want a video that shoots from the flank of the battery so that we can see clearly. Also, the ruler or hard card put on the battery cell position is for comparison and to see whether the battery has been swollen. This video is to verify the swollen issue. You may focus on the swollen issue and show us in the video. Thanks in advance.
2022-9-28
Use props
Ann JS
lvl.1

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-28 22:34
Sorry but actually we want a video that shoots from the flank of the battery so that we can see clearly. Also, the ruler or hard card put on the battery cell position is for comparison and to see whether the battery has been swollen. This video is to verify the swollen issue. You may focus on the swollen issue and show us in the video. Thanks in advance.

This is all much too difficult!

If you could have  given me the full instructions from the beginning, it would have helped considerably!

Unfortunately, I have now crashed the Mini 2 and broken its gimbal so I have already arranged to return it for replacement.

Thank you for trying to help me,
Ann
2022-9-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Ann JS Posted at 9-29 09:44
This is all much too difficult!

If you could have  given me the full instructions from the beginning, it would have helped considerably!

Sorry to hear about that. You may provide us with your case number and we will keep an eye on it. Please rest assured we will try our best to help you out.
2022-9-29
Use props
Ann JS
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 9-29 22:24
Sorry to hear about that. You may provide us with your case number and we will keep an eye on it. Please rest assured we will try our best to help you out.

Thank you.

The Case # is: CAS-10674424-D6X2J7

Everything seems to be under control: the replacement Mini 2 has already been shipped and I am expecting it to be delivered to me on Monday!
2022-10-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Ann JS Posted at 10-1 10:01
Thank you.

The Case # is: CAS-10674424-D6X2J7

That's great to know and thanks for letting us know of the update. As always, should you need to contact us for any reason, please know that we are always here to help. Thank you for choosing DJI.
2022-10-1
Use props
footoonsiong
New

Singapore

Swollen battery.
2023-5-31
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know what can we do for you?
2023-5-31
Use props
Pakopako
New

Estonia

Please send me detailed instructions how to replace my Mavic 2 battery? My email: paap@paap.ee
2023-8-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Pakopako Posted at 8-18 04:33
Please send me detailed instructions how to replace my Mavic 2 battery? My email:

Hi there, could you please tell us more details about the issue with your Mavic 2 battery? Is the battery swollen? You can contact our support team through the link for further assistance. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-8-18
Use props
Ragnis
New

Estonia

Hi! I have two Mavic 2 Pro batteries that are both swollen. Please let me know about the further actions for replacement process and how can I send the video of the batteries? E-mail: ragnis@ragnisphoto.com. Thank you!
2023-8-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Ragnis Posted at 8-23 23:34
Hi! I have two Mavic 2 Pro batteries that are both swollen. Please let me know about the further actions for replacement process and how can I send the video of the batteries? E-mail: . Thank you!

Hello, there. You can contact our support here: https://www.dji.com/support/service
They will help you.
2023-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules