OM6 with iPhone 13 Pro Max (and case)
9838 20 2022-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bheiser10
lvl.2
Flight distance : 658015 ft
United States

According to my scale, my iPhone 13 Pro Max and Otterbox Symmetry case weigh 294g, just 4g over the limit specified in the OM6 specs. Is this within the "margin of error" and will it work OK, or is the 290g in the spec a hard limit? Has anyone here tried this combination yet?
2022-9-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there bheiser10. Good day and thank you for reaching out. DJI suggests that it would be best to use the DJI OM6 with  iPhone 13 pro max ( without phone case ) for compatibility and reliability purposes. Thank you.
2022-9-28
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Here is a thread where someone is having issues with an iPhone 13 Pro Max. His phone is within the specs.
It could be a weight or balance issue causing his problem.
2022-9-28
Use props
bheiser10
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the feedback! Based on this I'll keep looking for another gimbal that can support the Pro Max phones with case installed (removing the case & leaving the phone vulnerable each time I want to record doesn't sound good).
2022-9-29
Use props
bheiser10
lvl.2
United States

Arpettaz Posted at 10-4 23:16
Alternatively buy a different case. I too have the iPhone 13 Pro Max. I have used Torras cases in the past - they are well made. Their Ultra Thin case weighs only 18 grams, so combined with your iPhone 13 Pro Max will come in under the maximum operating weight for the OM6 gimbal. I am planning to buy the OM6 gimbal myself and will need to also get a lighter case, hence my interest in the Torras case

That's a good thought. I haven't planned on replacing the Otterbox case because it provides good protection, and as expensive as these phones are, I need to protect it. But I'm exploring other case options as you suggested, maybe one of the lighter ones will be "good enough".
2022-10-5
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

I have the 14 Pro Max and Symmetry case and it seems to work well with my OM6. But I also got a Torras case and switch out to use it with the OM6.
2022-10-8
Use props
JnkYrdDog
lvl.1
United States

I totally agree with you. I keep thinking with every new version they'll use motors sufficient to support a Pro Max with an Otterbox Defender case.  I'll not risk my $1400 IPhone for the sake of using their gimbal. Their loss, not mine.
2022-10-16
Use props
Alireza_Darouei
lvl.2
Netherlands

i got the 13 pro max and works well with spigen tough armor
2022-10-29
Use props
james321
New

Pakistan

i think lather cases are good they are waterproof too just got my dux case for iphone 13 its been 3 months old and works good until now has a one year warranty to its name.
https://shop.mmstore.be/gsm-telefoonhoesjes
2022-12-7
Use props
Michaeljames06
New

United States

I use leather case with iPhone 13. The leather device runs very stable. There is a lot of good ones in this website; https://oxaleather.com/collections/leather-iphone-cases
2023-1-10
Use props
WildIdaho
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1499012 ft
United States

DaveSp Posted at 2022-10-8 03:37
I have the 14 Pro Max and Symmetry case and it seems to work well with my OM6. But I also got a Torras case and switch out to use it with the OM6.

DaveSp, I just purchased the OM6 and have an iPhone 13 ProMax with the Defender case.  May I ask what Torras case you use with the OM6?  I am noticing the case appears to be an issue, and with our upcoming trip to Ireland and Italy this year, would like to find something more suitable to use so I don't have to keep switching cases.

Thank you
2023-1-10
Use props
WildIdaho
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1499012 ft
United States

Michaeljames06 Posted at 1-10 06:09
I use leather case with iPhone 13. The leather device runs very stable. There is a lot of good ones in this website; https://oxaleather.com/collections/leather-iphone-cases

MichaelJames.  I'd like to ask you the same question as to which case you are using with your iphone, and is yours the 13 Pro Max?
2023-1-10
Use props
Keith Fl
lvl.1

United States

bheiser10 Posted at 2022-9-29 16:18
Thanks for the feedback! Based on this I'll keep looking for another gimbal that can support the Pro Max phones with case installed (removing the case & leaving the phone vulnerable each time I want to record doesn't sound good).

I have that same issue with my iphone 13 with its otterbox case...  the receiver cant plug into the phone with the added case thickness.  I purchased a small lighting extension and havent yet gotten it to work reliably.. I am about ready to cut a notch out of my case where the receiver interferes with it
2023-2-18
Use props
Keith Fl
lvl.1

United States

james321 Posted at 2022-12-7 00:35
i think lather cases are good they are waterproof too just got my dux case for iphone 13 its been 3 months old and works good until now has a one year warranty to its name.
https://shop.mmstore.be/gsm-telefoonhoesjes

Yes, the phone is splashproof - and the leather case you referred to looks very nice for a business person or non-active use...
I prefer the Lifeproof for action and real water exposure - and of course, these dont work well with the DJI MIC receiver...  
https://www.otterbox.com/en-us/magsafe-iphone-13-case-for-magsafe-clear/77-85550.html
and less protective but still nice is:
https://www.otterbox.com/en-us/iphone-13
2023-2-18
Use props
Keith Fl
lvl.1

United States

JnkYrdDog Posted at 2022-10-16 20:09
I totally agree with you. I keep thinking with every new version they'll use motors sufficient to support a Pro Max with an Otterbox Defender case.  I'll not risk my $1400 IPhone for the sake of using their gimbal. Their loss, not mine.

also note that it's not only the weight...
my iphone 13 with lifeproof case - the DJI MIC receiver will not fit and mate with the phone as the case adds thickness that the DJI lightning connector can not accomodate.
I ordered a lightening extension plug and am testing that... so far it doesnt seem reliable...
AND i am disappointed that i dont have a way to playback a recorded video and hear the audio without removing the receiver.  I placed that ask in a separate thread..  
2023-2-18
Use props
MiamiC70
lvl.3
United States

Yet another DJI piece of ... gimbal that can’t handle the weight of a modern flagship phone.
2023-2-26
Use props
davetherave
New

United Kingdom

Does anyone know why the mimo app video is different quality to the iphone 13 pro max camera?

It doesn't look the same at all, any way to make it the same?
2023-2-26
Use props
djiuser_RW8j6DuNU2YH
New

United States

My iPhone 13 Pro Max fell and was destroyed while using this product (had to take off Otterbox to use). You cannot get a new phone while in other countries with your warranty and most insurance plans. You must return to the US before starting the replacement process.
The product is amazing, but larger phones fall out often (yes, it was locked in and level).
Looking for another gimbal that will work with Otterbox.
2023-5-2
Use props
Theo0101
lvl.1

Canada

It's disappointing to learn that the gimbal won't support an iPhone 14 Pro with a sturdy case. I was hoping to upgrade from my iPhone 11 to take advantage of the greater optical zoom capabilities and increased resolution offered by the iPhone 14 Pro.
2023-5-13
Use props
CORECOLOUR
lvl.1

Australia

We offer leather cases designed for the iPhone 14, and these leather accessories demonstrate exceptional stability. Our website, CORECOLOUR, showcases a wide selection of high-quality options.
2023-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules