Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A tribute to Goldy
662 32 2022-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297126 ft
Netherlands

Last Friday, in anticipation of the event one day later, I was inspired to check out parallel tracking.
On Goldy.
Our Volvo 1800E, 2.0 injection, 1972.

To honour her 50th birthday

2022-9-28
Use props
ArcticPhoto
lvl.4
Norway

Fifty year old Goldy is still a beauty :-)
2022-9-28
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Netherlands

ArcticPhoto Posted at 9-28 10:11
Fifty year old Goldy is still a beauty :-)

She is absolutely sweet and lovely
2022-9-28
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

2022-9-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lovely car - great tracking.
2022-9-28
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

FIFTY years - looks NEW!  A very well kept piece of engineering.  Thanks for sharing.
2022-9-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Han. Good day and thank you for posting this cool video that you have filmed. Great work and Goldy looks amazing. ...
2022-9-28
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Netherlands

Thank you all.

She’s one of my passions.
I own her now for about 18 years now, I’m the second owner.
The first owner, an American, used her as daily driver for around 28 years!
He put 1.250.000 KM on the car.
2022-9-28
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Netherlands

The parallel tracking is a great option, by the way.

Okay... there is no obstacle detection, but it gives nice control over the mini's position.

2022-9-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done and nice car.    
2022-9-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Superb car and nice video!
2022-9-29
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Netherlands

Thank you!

2022-9-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beautiful car and a great video Hannibal.    Mini 3's parallel tracking really works well.  Nice choice in the background music.
2022-9-29
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-29 02:19
Beautiful car and a great video Hannibal.    Mini 3's parallel tracking really works well.  Nice choice in the background music.

I take it it's also very nice to track a mini-yacht

The music was okay, just a tad more variation would have been welcome towards the end of the video, but hey... these are primarily for fun.

Also experimented with a sound effect when the bird lost the car somewhere in the middle.

iMovie does have a nasty shortcoming: when video's are speed up (even a little), the transitions are very limited. I need to source a new video editor somewhere. Or try to get my adobe premiere to work again

2022-9-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hannibal_ Posted at 9-30 00:45
I take it it's also very nice to track a mini-yacht

The music was okay, just a tad more variation would have been welcome towards the end of the video, but hey... these are primarily for fun.

Haven't tried tracking the mini-yacht yet but it does track my 24 foot runabout quite well.  

Hope you get Adobe Premiere working again.
2022-9-30
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-30 03:15
Haven't tried tracking the mini-yacht yet but it does track my 24 foot runabout quite well.  

Hope you get Adobe Premiere working again.

Did you share some footage of those tracking exercises?

Yeah... Premiere worked great... I also lost Photoshop in the same go...
2022-9-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hannibal_ Posted at 9-30 03:34

Not yet as I haven't gotten around to editing the footage.  Guess I need to quit being lazy and dig into my archives and get to editing.  
2022-9-30
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-30 03:50
Not yet as I haven't gotten around to editing the footage.  Guess I need to quit being lazy and dig into my archives and get to editing.

Well... no judgement.
I have tons of stuff I still need to do something with.

It would just be nice to see

2022-9-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hannibal_ Posted at 9-30 04:41
Well... no judgement.
I have tons of stuff I still need to do something with.

Not sure how nice it will be to see as I'm still a newb with video editing software.  I'm currently still about 50 NM out from my dock as I had to get underway to avoid Hurricane Ian.  So I will have to tackle the editing project in a few days.  
2022-10-1
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-1 03:30
Not sure how nice it will be to see as I'm still a newb with video editing software.  I'm currently still about 50 NM out from my dock as I had to get underway to avoid Hurricane Ian.  So I will have to tackle the editing project in a few days.

Curious!

Good that you were able to avoid Ian.
It made quite a big mess
2022-10-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mess is one way of putting it.  I remember the devastation that Hurricane Ida left in New Orleans.  But Hurricane Ian tripled the devastation in Florida.  From some of the videos I've seen it wiped out whole residences with nothing left but the concrete foundations where homes had set.  Seems with global warming storms become more often and more powerful.
2022-10-3
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Hannibal_ Posted at 9-30 03:34

DaVinci...free and pretty complete.
2022-10-3
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-3 02:29
Mess is one way of putting it.  I remember the devastation that Hurricane Ida left in New Orleans.  But Hurricane Ian tripled the devastation in Florida.  From some of the videos I've seen it wiped out whole residences with nothing left but the concrete foundations where homes had set.  Seems with global warming storms become more often and more powerful.

Yeah....but also the buildings are 99% made of cartoon and wood in some areas...
Here you cannot see some like this, all buildings (houses) have super hard concrete foundation, high resistance concrete floors and hard concrete structure, hard bricks between concrete...
So...is also about how the area was built...In USA a lot are made in a manner that here will be probably considered "junk houses" as it have walls of rigips and small wood sheet filled with mineral wool...
I do not understand why they do not learn....make a house using B350 concrete and 15x40 bricks, bazaltic wool fixed properly, and will not have issues even at 250 km/h wind...
I give a small example:
My house is 3 floors height....have a foundation of concrete and steel at 5 meters deep burried in ground, concrete is >1 meter thickness....all floors stay on 14 pillars of super hard concrete and steel of 25x25cm thick, all concrete floors with steel reinforced, walls are made of concrete and bricks and each wall have 50cm thickness+ 10cm bazaltic wool double anchored in wall...Made for earthquake up to 8.7 Richter...So...when you do a lifetime work, do it properly....not just using thick cartoon and wool and at first powerful wind you see is gone...

2022-10-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Geo_Drone Posted at 10-3 02:50
Yeah....but also the buildings are 99% made of cartoon and wood in some areas...
Here you cannot see some like this, all buildings (houses) have super hard concrete foundation, high resistance concrete floors and hard concrete structure, hard bricks between concrete...
So...is also about how the area was built...In USA a lot are made in a manner that here will be probably considered "junk houses" as it have walls of rigips and small wood sheet filled with mineral wool...

This is why many seaside homes that are rebuilt after a hurricane are built to the newest housing code standards but they are still not 100% hurricane or tornado proof regardless of the material they are constructed from   

I live on a mini-yacht so I got underway and went out about 215 NM to avoid the hurricane.  Fortunately, my home (the boat) is mobile and I did not sustain any damages.

Have a great day.
2022-10-3
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-3 03:04
This is why many seaside homes that are rebuilt after a hurricane are built to the newest housing code standards but they are still not 100% hurricane or tornado proof regardless of the material they are constructed from   

I live on a mini-yacht so I got underway and went out about 215 NM to avoid the hurricane.  Fortunately, my home (the boat) is mobile and I did not sustain any damages.

I am not sure if you can build houses to withstand that kind of forces.

Here we build pretty solid (concrete floors & foundation on deep poles) but with storms with far less force they have issues too
2022-10-3
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Netherlands

Geo_Drone Posted at 10-3 02:44
DaVinci...free and pretty complete.

in the process of installing it now...

2022-10-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hannibal_ Posted at 10-3 05:55
I am not sure if you can build houses to withstand that kind of forces.

Here we build pretty solid (concrete floors & foundation on deep poles) but with storms with far less force they have issues too

There are a couple of builders who advertise that they build customized hurricane proof houses but the price they list is 5 times the cost of a new house the same size being built by a regular builder.  Probably could buy an old missile silo and not worry about hurricanes but other than that not a lot of good options available.  
2022-10-3
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-3 14:34
There are a couple of builders who advertise that they build customized hurricane proof houses but the price they list is 5 times the cost of a new house the same size being built by a regular builder.  Probably could buy an old missile silo and not worry about hurricanes but other than that not a lot of good options available.

Well....
You can of course buy a yacht and cruise away in case of trouble

2022-10-4
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-3 14:34

Because building materials in USA are expensive...still, I would prefer to make it smaller but with concrete and steel, than bigger and at first tornado my PO code is changed to the next county ))))
2022-10-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hannibal_ Posted at 10-4 22:22
Well....
You can of course buy a yacht and cruise away in case of trouble

Can't afford a full size yacht so I went with a mini-yacht.    You gotta love life on a boat.

VSC.jpg
2022-10-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Geo_Drone Posted at 10-4 23:53
Because building materials in USA are expensive...still, I would prefer to make it smaller but with concrete and steel, than bigger and at first tornado my PO code is changed to the next county ))))

You make a really good point.  

Hope you are having a wonderful week.
2022-10-5
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-5 04:06
Can't afford a full size yacht so I went with a mini-yacht.    You gotta love life on a boat.

It looks lovely!
2022-10-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Many thanks Hannibal.  
2022-10-6
Use props
Advanced