Why your DJI Avata is crashing!!!!! (MAYBE)
5719 31 2022-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cauffy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36752 ft
United Kingdom

Interesting video, just sharing information I have seen.
2022-9-28
Use props
Woobisah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1702457 ft
  • >>>
United States

People need to practice more in manual mode, when I first started I would make these quick hard stick input moves that would lead to bad results or crashes.  It doesn't take much stick input to do what you need it to do.  Also this isn't a Freestyle drone.  While you can do most moves, this drone isn't what it was made for.
2022-9-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2022-9-29
Use props
arkchan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1655138 ft
Hong Kong

i appreciate the analysis, but dont think thats the real reason why the Avata flip itself in M mode while doing a quick turn.

IMO, the firmware seems to be the problem where the algorithum try to adjust itself but having an wrong compensation instead.
Many experienced pilots are having the same issues so I dont think its the pilot him/herself causing this.

I have 100+ hours flying FPV, although I havent encountered this issue yet, I have grounded mine for safety.
Luckily still got my DJI FPV and it still goes well.

Hope DJI can find out the Avata fatal bug and get it fixed asap as it really concerns many pilot from flying it again.
2022-9-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for sharing!
2022-9-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice share.  
2022-9-29
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

makes sense. sticking with the MC and close range flights. might have a RC2 for sale on ebay. lol
2022-9-29
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Woobisah Posted at 9-28 16:02
People need to practice more in manual mode, when I first started I would make these quick hard stick input moves that would lead to bad results or crashes.  It doesn't take much stick input to do what you need it to do.  Also this isn't a Freestyle drone.  While you can do most moves, this drone isn't what it was made for.

That is your opinion, if it shouldnt be flown like that... most people dont know that and can cause damage.
If its not meant to be, limit something or smooth something out if the input on stick is to large to handle by the drone. Or if the drone detect that fall, its goes automattically into a break/pause mode like you press the button, ofcourse that is not ideal, as you might be on the the limit and recover it yourself...

But im sure this can be smoothed out more
2022-9-30
Use props
Woobisah
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Nees Posted at 9-30 05:20
That is your opinion, if it shouldnt be flown like that... most people dont know that and can cause damage.
If its not meant to be, limit something or smooth something out if the input on stick is to large to handle by the drone. Or if the drone detect that fall, its goes automattically into a break/pause mode like you press the button, ofcourse that is not ideal, as you might be on the the limit and recover it yourself...

It's called Manual mode, there is no intervention.  You either hit the break button yourself and/or learn how to get out of the situation.  I'm not blaming Honda that I can't turn my SUV a full 180 while driving down the highway, by just turning the steering wheel to the left.  From what I've seen in most of the videos and I haven't watched them all, the pilots are basically hard sticking the yaw to the left or right, this will dip to one way or another as the drone is not level but it actually pitched forward so you are not yawing at a level horizon so you need some roll/ throttle with it as well.  It is also losing lift due to the air going over the ducts of the quad, which is why you see the big drop.  This is just physics plain and simple.  So they either need to stay in Normal/Sport mode or learn how to fly manual more than just a few hours in a sim.  Plus if you are just learning to fly manual, the last place you want to be is near water.
2022-10-2
Use props
celltx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7399311 ft

Israel

One more attempt to explain the crashes:

2022-10-2
Use props
Mat8861
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169400 ft
Italy

Woobisah Posted at 10-2 22:34
It's called Manual mode, there is no intervention.  You either hit the break button yourself and/or learn how to get out of the situation.  I'm not blaming Honda that I can't turn my SUV a full 180 while driving down the highway, by just turning the steering wheel to the left.  From what I've seen in most of the videos and I haven't watched them all, the pilots are basically hard sticking the yaw to the left or right, this will dip to one way or another as the drone is not level but it actually pitched forward so you are not yawing at a level horizon so you need some roll/ throttle with it as well.  It is also losing lift due to the air going over the ducts of the quad, which is why you see the big drop.  This is just physics plain and simple.  So they either need to stay in Normal/Sport mode or learn how to fly manual more than just a few hours in a sim.  Plus if you are just learning to fly manual, the last place you want to be is near water.

We talking about something wrong in the avata. There are videos where the user flies with motion controller, no acrobat and crazy things. It's hard to believe that ducted or not, a drone doing a manouvre like quick turn, then goes upside down, there are tons of cinewhoops and cinelog drones that can handle that, you may go side-down a bit, but not totally upsidedown which is = crash, not only....... a dangerous crash.
I believe in DJI, the mini 3 pro flies wonderful, nice pictures and videos, a step in the future for aerial photography, but please don't tell me there is nothing wrong with AVATA!!! I hope it gets fixed soon.ps
with motion controller only 2 modes available......
2022-10-3
Use props
Woobisah
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mat8861 Posted at 10-3 11:08
We talking about something wrong in the avata. There are videos where the user flies with motion controller, no acrobat and crazy things. It's hard to believe that ducted or not, a drone doing a manouvre like quick turn, then goes upside down, there are tons of cinewhoops and cinelog drones that can handle that, you may go side-down a bit, but not totally upsidedown which is = crash, not only....... a dangerous crash.
I believe in DJI, the mini 3 pro flies wonderful, nice pictures and videos, a step in the future for aerial photography, but please don't tell me there is nothing wrong with AVATA!!! I hope it gets fixed soon.ps
with motion controller only 2 modes available......

This guy is explaining it better than I can.

2022-10-3
Use props
HDPS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

Guess I have been luck so far, today was fairly windy and was doing dead sharp 180 degrees turns at 25 mph, not a wobble or anything unusual, sharp response always.  The only thing I am not comfortable is after the last Firmware the prompt "aircraft in low-power state" is always there when drone is on and parked, so far it has take off every time but for some pilots it became irresponsive. I have about 8 drones , 6 DJI and a beginner on FPV, will stick with Sport mode on Avata for a long time .
2022-10-3
Use props
OnePixel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44948 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Mat8861 Posted at 10-3 11:08
We talking about something wrong in the avata. There are videos where the user flies with motion controller, no acrobat and crazy things. It's hard to believe that ducted or not, a drone doing a manouvre like quick turn, then goes upside down, there are tons of cinewhoops and cinelog drones that can handle that, you may go side-down a bit, but not totally upsidedown which is = crash, not only....... a dangerous crash.
with motion controller only 2 modes available......

I agree with you
2022-10-4
Use props
MisterSpyezFPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2022-10-4
Use props
Mat8861
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169400 ft
Italy

HDPS Posted at 10-3 21:21
Guess I have been luck so far, today was fairly windy and was doing dead sharp 180 degrees turns at 25 mph, not a wobble or anything unusual, sharp response always.  The only thing I am not comfortable is after the last Firmware the prompt "aircraft in low-power state" is always there when drone is on and parked, so far it has take off every time but for some pilots it became irresponsive. I have about 8 drones , 6 DJI and a beginner on FPV, will stick with Sport mode on Avata for a long time .

I see the majority of crashes  seems to happen with MC (i might be wrong)...did you fly with MC or RC ?
Low power could also be an esc issue.
2022-10-4
Use props
MisterSpyezFPV
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2022-10-4
Use props
HDPS
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mat8861 Posted at 10-4 01:29
I see the majority of crashes  seems to happen with MC (i might be wrong)...did you fly with MC or RC ?
Low power could also be an esc issue.

Flying with the RC from my FPV...I think the Motion Control is too limited...and kind of prone to mishaps  
2022-10-4
Use props
JAMh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4754715 ft
  • >>>
Spain

a real expert analysis. there's no hidden secrets, it's very easy to see with this design
2022-10-4
Use props
MisterSpyezFPV
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2022-10-5
Use props
deeve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 72864 ft
United States

Just watched that video...Interesting. I would expect their engineers are working hard on a firmware update?
2022-10-5
Use props
MisterSpyezFPV
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

[url=]sportmodemccontroller[/url]

2022-10-5
Use props
TTV-VoidGG_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138051 ft
Philippines

MisterSpyezFPV Posted at 10-5 06:34
https://youtu.be/E80Yl199pTs]sportmodemccontroller[/url]

Yeah, there's obviously something wrong with the Avata.
DJI should address this through firmware, or by doing a recall if they wont be able to fix this issue.
This video is not even going that fast and sharp.

Also, if you watch DJI's videos when they advertised this drone, they were going faster.
I don't know why they didn't fix this before sending this drone to production.
They obviously encountered this error during their test flights. Unless they only did a few ones before approving.

This issue scares me from flying Manual, and is actually limiting us from being able to maximise the potential of the drone (that we paid for).

I hope DJI fixes this.
2022-10-5
Use props
fans9db387d5
lvl.2

France

Unfortunately it also happens in normal mode, not even sport mode and with the motion controller! I seriously regret to have spent that much money for having a drone that I cannot rely on. And DJI does not do anything about it! They should recall them all and/or send fixed parts/drones for free before anyone gets hurt by a now well know issue!
2022-10-19
Use props
fans9d06815c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9558930 ft
Singapore

1 more video here. Have they fixed the issue so far ?
2022-12-16
Use props
fans9d06815c
lvl.2
Singapore

1 more video here. Have they fixed the issue ?
I'm holding myself back from buying Avata.
2022-12-16
Use props
Woobisah
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans9d06815c Posted at 12-16 18:23
https://youtu.be/fcczR0p8XbA

1 more video here. Have they fixed the issue ?

Learn to fly and you wont have any problems.
2022-12-16
Use props
fans9d06815c
lvl.2
Singapore

Woobisah Posted at 12-16 18:47
Learn to fly and you wont have any problems.

learn to fly SLOW.....should be the term !
2022-12-17
Use props
HDPS
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Woobisah Posted at 9-28 16:02

Avata Manual states....for freestyle and race flying, so, is not that it was not made for it...the intention was there but the design failed.
2022-12-17
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

Thanks for sharing.
2022-12-17
Use props
Jake. A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States