Very dangerous acceleration
1789 5 2022-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CG1558
lvl.1
United States

I've had my Avata for a week now.   It is my first FPV drone, but have had other standard drones.  I have two issues.  
1) GPS signal is always red.   I've tried it in three locations in open space on clear days.  Never had issues like this in the same places with other drones.

2) SERIOUS - two times now I have had it take off on me like a bullet for no reason.  

Firmware:  Drone 01.01.02.00,  Motion Control 02.00.04.00,  Googles V2  01.01.00.00

Situation one:
I was landing in my parking lot, about to touch down and it all of a sudden shot forward full speed and almost hit my car.   Luckly I was able to raise it a bit and tunr it 180 to then land.

Situation two:
I was decending down to land in my driveway.   Got low, started to turn to the left to couter some slight drift to land, then BOOM.   Full speed to the right.  I'm using the motion controller, so I know it was not me, this is not even a manuver you can do with this controlller as you can only fly forward with it.  I got over my fence, started to turn it back then BOOM hard right again and right in to the house.   Luckly not very high.

This is a very disapointing experince and not what I expect from DJI.   This thing is NOT SAFE to fly in IMHO.   If it is just me being the new guy and I'm doing something stupid I'll take that, but I dont' think it is.   Please advise.

2022-9-28
Use props
CG1558
lvl.1
United States

I'm trying to post videos, but my first time in this forum, looks like it does not support vimeo and every time I try to put a url it will not save.  - Update - Got it on YouTube to work....
2022-9-28
Use props
Cesar Murillo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 438845 ft
Colombia

the GPS signal was lost ?
2022-9-29
Use props
CG1558
lvl.1
United States

Cesar Murillo Posted at 9-29 04:27
the GPS signal was lost ?

GPS keeps going in and out.  I have no idea why.   I think this is another issue on this drone.   I have had a few others including a V1 Air that never had an issue with GPS at my house.   This was a clear day.   I have used the Avata in three different locations on clear days and only got a red GPS icon.   Regardless, I don't see any reason for a drone to just take off like this because it lost GPS signal.   Unless there is?
2022-9-29
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Scarey!  Something is wrong with your Avata.  Get a support ticket in ASAP... don't mess around, swap it all out. Someone is gonna get hurt.
2022-9-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your response and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules