984 10 2022-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marty Markoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

After spending several hours with the DJI pocket 2 trying to connect to the extension rod and a 2nd replacement extensionrod, the unit was sent too DJI for a DJI care refresh. The assessment came back:

"Damage Assessment Result: the Core Board was malfunctioned. If you would like to use your DJI Care Refresh Service, please click on “Use Care Refresh”. However, since the DJI Pocket 2 Do-It-All Handle_RF
Board is not covered by the DJI Care Refresh service, you still need to pay $30 for this repair. We'll either replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability, or repair it."

See DJI care refresh screenshot attached. I'd think based on categories of coverage a malfunctioned Board would be covered? The total cost for this repair under Care Refresh comes to $59.00 which includes basicc shipping (which only cost me $8.00 for 2 day Priority to DJI). Can someone explain why I'm having trouble understanding the charges?

Screenshot_20220929_071129_Outlook.jpg
2022-9-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your confusion. As the picture you posted, DJI Care Refresh covers damage that occurs to the product during normal use or accidents which is not covered under warranty repair.  The quotation is given based on the damage assessment result. All the accessory prices can be viewed here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry  You can choose to pay the quotation under your DJI Care Refresh services or direct settlement.
2022-9-29
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-29 04:35
Hello, there. Sorry for your confusion. As the picture you posted, DJI Care Refresh covers damage that occurs to the product during normal use or accidents which is not covered under warranty repair.  The quotation is given based on the damage assessment result. All the accessory prices can be viewed here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry  You can choose to pay the quotation under your DJI Care Refresh services or direct settlement.

Covers under normal use? So a defective board, maybe defective since purchase but only discovered when trying to connect to Extension Rod. Is not a warranty issue?
2022-9-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Marty Markoe Posted at 9-29 04:44
Covers under normal use? So a defective board, maybe defective since purchase but only discovered when trying to connect to Extension Rod. Is not a warranty issue?

For DJI Pocket 2, the covered component under DJI Care Refresh is the camera and battery.
The Do-it-all handle and Extention Rod are not included in the DJI Care Refresh replacement services.
you may see the picture below

or this link: https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/851 ... 0Care%20Refresh.pdf
We are sorry for your inconvenience.  May we know if you have any questions about the repair? Would you please let us know? We will forward your queries to our designated teams and confirm with them.
2022-9-29
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-29 05:42
For DJI Pocket 2, the covered component under DJI Care Refresh is the camera and battery.
The Do-it-all handle and Extention Rod are not included in the DJI Care Refresh replacement services.
you may see the picture below

That's very interesting considering what was sent in was the actual pocket 2 not the extension Rod or handle. How do you respond to this?
2022-9-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Marty Markoe Posted at 9-29 09:28
That's very interesting considering what was sent in was the actual pocket 2 not the extension Rod or handle. How do you respond to this?

Thanks for the update, we will confirm this problem with the relevant team and keep you updated via Email asap.
If there is anything else that we can help with, please just feel free to let us know here.
2022-9-29
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

See other response

See other response
2022-10-4
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-29 23:02
Thanks for the update, we will confirm this problem with the relevant team and keep you updated via Email asap.
If there is anything else that we can help with, please just feel free to let us know here.

I spent over a week disputing the charges, via email, chat, and forums, spending several hours while on a cruise vacation. I was finally informed yesterday DJI corrected their error. The error was that although I had Care Refresh which should have resulted in no charge, the original evaluator claimed I had a Do It All Handle when in fact sent in a Pocket 2 which was covered. At least when this was looked at by someone who understood the error, the Pocket 2 was repaired and shipped immediately. Thanks for your help
2022-10-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Marty Markoe Posted at 10-4 05:34
I spent over a week disputing the charges, via email, chat, and forums, spending several hours while on a cruise vacation. I was finally informed yesterday DJI corrected their error. The error was that although I had Care Refresh which should have resulted in no charge, the original evaluator claimed I had a Do It All Handle when in fact sent in a Pocket 2 which was covered. At least when this was looked at by someone who understood the error, the Pocket 2 was repaired and shipped immediately. Thanks for your help

You are welcome, if you need any support, please just feel free to contact us here.
2022-10-5
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-5 03:10
You are welcome, if you need any support, please just feel free to contact us here.

Just an update and r reminder when sending in a repair. Never send any accessory. I'd included the handy little carry strap with the Pocket 2. The returned unit, a new or refurbished did not include this. Reached out TO DJI support and told the item would be sent.
2022-10-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Marty Markoe Posted at 10-9 04:59
Just an update and r reminder when sending in a repair. Never send any accessory. I'd included the handy little carry strap with the Pocket 2. The returned unit, a new or refurbished did not include this. Reached out TO DJI support and told the item would be sent.

Hi, there.
We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We will forward this problem to the team and check the reason.
If there is anything else that we can help with, please just let us know here.
Thank you again in advance.
2022-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules