Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flying Indoors...FPV Controller 2 vs. Motion Controller
1723 9 2022-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aidenmedia
lvl.3

United States

I recognize DJI does not reccomend flying Avata indoors, and I have read the warnings in the manual etc. But I do have a question.

A fellow pilot posted a video of himself flying in an indoor convention center, with the drone moving beautifully. He said he had no GPS signal, and was flying with the FVP Controller 2...he said since he was flying with the FPV Cnotroller 2, he didn't need GPS like the Motion Controller would.

Is this true? Does flying indoors with the FPV Cnotroller 2 minimize erratic drone behavior since you are "bypassing" GPS?

Thank you in advance.
2022-9-29
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915233 ft
Croatia

You don’t need gps or vision to fly in manual, which MC can’t do.
2022-9-29
Use props
aidenmedia
lvl.3

United States

fichek Posted at 9-29 05:49
You don’t need gps or vision to fly in manual, which MC can’t do.

But do you need GPS to fly in Normal on the FPV Remote Controller 2?
2022-9-29
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

It needs adequate light to fly indoors without GPS. Also an experienced pilot that understands the drift involved when there is no GPS signal.
2022-9-29
Use props
aidenmedia
lvl.3

United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 9-29 06:57
It needs adequate light to fly indoors without GPS. Also an experienced pilot that understands the drift involved when there is no GPS signal.

Right...but does it need GPS to fly indoors when using the FPV Controller 2 in Normal Mode?
2022-9-29
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

No it does not.
2022-9-29
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915233 ft
Croatia

aidenmedia Posted at 9-29 08:00
Right...but does it need GPS to fly indoors when using the FPV Controller 2 in Normal Mode?

It does rely on GPS and falls back to vision for position hold in both N and S, but you have direct control over all axis using sticks so you can stop it from drifting. If you want precise control indoors, M is the way to go.
2022-9-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there aidenmedia. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. Just a friendly reminder that DJI do not recommend flying your DJI Avata indoors as the environment indoors may have interference and caused an incident and also during low light condition as the vision sensors may not work properly. DJI suggest to choose an outdoor open area where the GPS is good, no magnetic interference, to fly the drone and check if all the functions are normal. If you really need to fly indoors kindly please use Manual Mode to operate your DJI Avata.Thank you and fly safe always.
2022-9-29
Use props
blunt___
lvl.1
United States

@aidenmedia
The responses above are confusing me. So to summarize, to be able to fly the drone indoor, I would need the FPV remote controller? Can I use goggles 2 or the motion controller indoor?
2023-1-27
Use props
codex22
lvl.4
Flight distance : 161283 ft
  • >>>
Germany

blunt___ Posted at 1-27 09:06
@aidenmedia
The responses above are confusing me. So to summarize, to be able to fly the drone indoor, I would need the FPV remote controller? Can I use goggles 2 or the motion controller indoor?

I have been successfully flying indoors with the Motion Controller (and Goggles of course, in my case the Goggles 2).

Key is to have enough light! Reflective surfaces might give the downward sensors some trouble.
2023-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules